XIM Community

Strafe dodging in AW  (Read 5414 times)

Offline Moreplay

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: XBL: o Samuel Hain o
Strafe dodging in AW
« on: 08:57 PM - 11/03/14 »
I noticed AW has strafe dodging like Unreal Tournament . When the official ST comes out, this is just going to be mapped to normal keyboard buttons I would presume. Is it possible to have it activated by double tapping the strafe left and right keys like in UT? I was watching a PC stream of the game and from what the guy was saying, this is how it is handled on the PC.

Offline lilboosie

• View Profile
Re: Strafe dodging in AW
« Reply #1 on: 05:54 AM - 11/04/14 »
I would also like it set up like dat

Offline dIggO

• I miss you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:27 AM - 11/04/14 »
^^ +1 ;)
X1 | XIM4 | X360 | XIM Edge | SS Sensei | G15 | DSS2 | Sennheiser HD 600 | AL 4.0

Offline AFF

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: AFST3R
« Reply #3 on: 07:06 AM - 11/04/14 »
Good question

good old UT, that's probs why i do the strafe very easy, haven't tried the controller but probs be harder

Offline mcMelchior

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: mcMelchior
« Reply #4 on: 07:48 AM - 11/04/14 »
+1 for the function but one other question. How I'm able to activate the strafe with the controller? Sometimes it happens in my normal movement with my keyboard.  :D

Offline abbd663

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:06 AM - 11/04/14 »
Ideaally I'd want to be sprinting, see a target, strafe dodge to left, before aiming down. At the moment this is impossible because you need to let go off sprint, then hold it down + left, then aim down. By which time your dead :(

Offline abbd663

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:06 AM - 11/04/14 »
On controller you push down left  analog + direction

Offline mcMelchior

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: mcMelchior
« Reply #7 on: 08:37 AM - 11/04/14 »
So it is L3 and R3 on PS4. Means you can bind it via the secoundary keybinding to for example A (L3+A) & G (R3+D). You only have to move your WASD to ESDF. Can somebody test it? I'm at work at the moment...

Offline Redacule_Edge

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Redacule_TS
« Reply #8 on: 09:04 AM - 11/04/14 »
could combat this if they had secondary key bindings for ASWD like they have for all the other keys. secondary would be left @#$% with ASD problem solved. boost jumping and boost slam would be easy enough to control

Offline Press22

• Mango flavored everything
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Mangooooooo
« Reply #9 on: 10:33 AM - 11/04/14 »
I would also like a double tap setup for it... or anything that works well... I haven't figured out what I'll like more.

Offline Redacule_Edge

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11:15 AM - 11/04/14 »
iv got it guys tried n tested u need to create an activator with the A key. then map keys from primary, go into your keys, go to secondary keys, on sprint put A. repeat for SDW when u press asdw the key it will active your activator and press sprint on secoandy then when u let go back to default keys and becaue u have maped keys from primary u don't lose control. try it out guys really works :):) p.s for ASD turn off keybored W so when u press A if you are holding w it will turn that key off and allow u to boost dash whilst holding w. releasing will kick W back in and u will walk forward fine. if any1 needs help please message me. this works also give a 10 secs delay time
« Last Edit: 12:11 PM - 11/04/14 by Redacule_Edge »

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05:03 PM - 11/04/14 »
could combat this if they had secondary key bindings for ASWD like they have for all the other keys. secondary would be left @#$% with ASD problem solved. boost jumping and boost slam would be easy enough to control
I think this might be a good thing to post to OBsIV's pinned topic about feature requests on the XIM4 Discussions board.

Offline Brok3n_TSI

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09:28 PM - 11/04/14 »
yeah being able to double tap to boost would be great!
PC Specs: | i5 4570 | GTX 770 | ASrock H87M Pro4 | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 1TB HDD | 840 EVO 120GB SSD | TX750 V2 | Arc Mini R2 | ASUS VN247H-P | G402 | CM Storm QF Pro | SS Siberia V2 | Trackir v5 |

Console Specs: | Xbox One | XIM4 | Logitech Pro Mouse | Corsair Strafe |  ASUS VN247H-P | ATH-AD500X | Astro Mix Amp TR |

Offline Redacule_Edge

• View Profile

Offline Redacule_Edge

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01:43 AM - 11/05/14 »
I think this might be a good thing to post to OBsIV's pinned topic about feature requests on the XIM4 Discussions board.

can you link me please?