XIM Community

G602 (Listed not working) My experience  (Read 5399 times)

Offline Sandman482

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Crowley
G602 (Listed not working) My experience
« on: 02:41 PM - 08/09/14 »
Hi all,

Wanted to report my experiences with my G602 mouse (Primary mouse before XIM4 so I decided to keep using it). I didn't know it was listed incompatible until I had a slight sync hiccup today and decided to check. (Bluetooth wouldn't pair, I DC'ed the receiver and it paired right up)

Outside of today's slight issue I've had no other problems, gameplay is smooth and responsive and the device has no issues picking up the mouse. Is wireless interference one of the reasons it would be listed as incompatible? If there's another potentially bad reason, let me know so I can stop.  :)

The issue I had was that after downloading the XIM4 manager update, it wouldn't actually sync with the device. Tried power cycling everything and then re-pairing with Bluetooth and that's where it decided to error out when trying to pair. I removed the mouse receiver from the XIM and it instantly paired up and XIM4 manager worked fine.

Hardware: XIM4 duh, Logitech G602 wireless mouse, El cheapo Logitech keyboard (K120)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: G602 (Listed not working) My experience
« Reply #1 on: 02:43 PM - 08/09/14 »
When you say it wouldn't pair, did you mean the mouse or XIM4?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline solly

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Solicitor 501
« Reply #2 on: 11:39 AM - 08/11/14 »
Don't Logitech mice use rf transmissions? So the Bluetooth pair prob must be the Xim manager mobile device pairing with the xim4.

Offline Notark

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: E4 TARK BATLCAT
  • PSN ID: Notark
« Reply #3 on: 01:23 AM - 08/12/14 »
Don't Logitech mice use rf transmissions? So the Bluetooth pair prob must be the Xim manager mobile device pairing with the xim4.
It does, and does not affect the mouse at all. This is my primary mouse as of the XIM4 and have had no issues since doing the following.
1) Unplugging all devices from XIM Clearing cache and data from XIM Manager, and removing pairing of XIM.
2) Downloading XIM Manager and downloading the update for it.
3) Plugging in XIM with no devices attached and syncing it with your device.
4) Unplug XIM plug in your kb into the left and your mouse to the right and reconnect it to Xb or Ps4. and it should work. Mine has been working just fine now.

Offline solly

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Solicitor 501
« Reply #4 on: 09:37 AM - 08/12/14 »
It does, and does not affect the mouse at all. This is my primary mouse as of the XIM4 and have had no issues since doing the following.
1) Unplugging all devices from XIM Clearing cache and data from XIM Manager, and removing pairing of XIM.
2) Downloading XIM Manager and downloading the update for it.
3) Plugging in XIM with no devices attached and syncing it with your device.
4) Unplug XIM plug in your kb into the left and your mouse to the right and reconnect it to Xb or Ps4. and it should work. Mine has been working just fine now.

do you need to this everytime you manage configurations in xim manager or just the first time you set it up?

Offline tberg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:59 AM - 09/22/14 »
So what is the conclusion? I see that its still listed under not working? Wich means it wont work with the xim 4?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #6 on: 09:15 AM - 09/22/14 »
We've gotten mixed messages on this mouse. Can anyone provide additional feedback about it? Does it work (or not)?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline wang_bang31

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:04 PM - 09/22/14 »
Ive used the 602 for the last 2 weeks and have had no problems with it so far. In fact I like the feel of the mouse more than the 700, the only problem being the lower max dpi.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03:09 PM - 09/22/14 »
Thanks for the verification, wang_bang31.  I'll add it to the list.  :)

Offline thegurujim

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04:51 PM - 10/28/14 »
To resurrect an old thread but a relatively newish mouse.  How did you get it to work?

I just bought a G602 today and I cannot get it to see buttons reliably.  Pressing the side buttons results in slow response (like 1 second).  The Nexus 7 I have paired with the XIM4 shows a button press every once in a while unlike my G500, when connected, shows all button presses consistently.

Admin