XIM Community

XFPS Sniper Woes: PS2 Controller Glitches Out  (Read 1813 times)

Offline Rayme

• View Profile
XFPS Sniper Woes: PS2 Controller Glitches Out
« on: 07:01 AM - 01/19/08 »
So, my "XFPS 3.0 Sniper" showed up today.  Mouse & keyboard inputs (non-XIM) work as advertised, but when I use a Playstation2 controller instead, the whole thing glitches out as soon as I press on the analog.

(Problem here being that if the PS2 input isn't working, then a XIM connection has no hope!)

Has anyone else run into this problem?  I'm assuming I'm just screwed with this purchase, so that's a little disheartening.  Should I be picking up a different model to work with a XIM?  Any recommendations come to mind?

Offline DamienKnight

• View Profile
Re: XFPS Sniper Woes: PS2 Controller Glitches Out
« Reply #1 on: 04:58 AM - 01/21/08 »
My xfps sniper works with my XIM no problem, but I did not test my ps2 controller with it before I sliced off the cable.  I assume a ps2 controller usually works as advertised on the XFPS sniper.

It is possible you have a defective XFPS, but you may want to test more before you go tossing it.  Try a different PS2 controller.  Perhaps some off brands have issues with the sniper?

When I got my XFPS sniper for christmas and first tried it out, I was REALLY upset.  I had paid 100 bucks for something that did not work well enough to be better than using an xbox controller.

The XIM saved the day.  It was another investment, but I built it myself and got the parts fairly cheap, and now another 45$ later I am in a much better boat than before.  With the XIM, the mouse and keyboard works like they SHOULD have worked with the XFPS Sniper alone.  Its frustrating to think I spent 100 bucks on what is now basically a ps2 to Xbox controller adapter, but for a hardcore PC gaming making the move to console, 145 bucks for the xfps + the Xim is worth it in the end.

Offline Juncti

• MVP
  • MultiXimer
    • View Profile
Re: XFPS Sniper Woes: PS2 Controller Glitches Out
« Reply #2 on: 10:05 AM - 10/17/08 »
Months old so likely resolved.

I'm closing this post and if anyone still needs some help they can start a new more current post.

Closed...