XIM Community

Xim4 Square Buttong Doesn't work - Destiny  (Read 1103 times)

Offline Etelari

• View Profile
Xim4 Square Buttong Doesn't work - Destiny
« on: 12:29 PM - 10/20/14 »
Hi,

Does anyone have the issue where in Destiny if you need to dis-enchange an item, but you can't hold the SQUARE button to do it... I have to press the button on the controller.

Sorry if this is a re-post.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Xim4 Square Buttong Doesn't work - Destiny
« Reply #1 on: 02:10 PM - 10/20/14 »
Can you tell us what XIM4Manager is showing in this case? Does it say that it sees the correct button being pressed?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline MarikCraven

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:49 PM - 10/20/14 »
What button do you have it configured for? I have mine set to two buttons because I like using mouse wheel up as my change weapon button but I can't keep it pressed down that way so I also have it set to c I my keyboard so that when I need to I can hold down c and it will dismantle my weapon.

In other words if you have it bound like I do to a mouse wheel action or something similar them you'll either have to change it to another button on your input devices or add as secondary on your input devices (keyboard/mouse/joystick/whatever.)

Offline patchm00

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Patchm00
« Reply #3 on: 05:13 AM - 10/21/14 »
What button do you have it configured for? I have mine set to two buttons because I like using mouse wheel up as my change weapon button but I can't keep it pressed down that way so I also have it set to c I my keyboard so that when I need to I can hold down c and it will dismantle my weapon.

In other words if you have it bound like I do to a mouse wheel action or something similar them you'll either have to change it to another button on your input devices or add as secondary on your input devices (keyboard/mouse/joystick/whatever.)
Same.   Wheel up for change weapons and secondary set to  tab key

Offline Etelari

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:46 AM - 10/23/14 »
My square is set to "e" on my keyboard.  It works fine for reload while in game.  It's just when I'm on my character pane trying to dismantle an item.

I'll check what my xim4 manager is reporting when I play tonight.

Thanks for suggestions.

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:13 AM - 10/23/14 »
I fixed it. I saw that there were 2 buttons binded to the x button. I changed the other one to something else and it worked flawlessly.
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline Etelari

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:49 AM - 10/24/14 »
Sorry for the late reply on this thread. I have not had much time to tinker with this.  Tonight I'll check the xim manager and post my results.