XIM Community

Modded Controllers  (Read 2010 times)

Offline 2hype

• View Profile
Modded Controllers
« on: 01:30 AM - 10/22/14 »
Best Buy is selling modded xbox one controllers. Do these controllers work as advertised with the Xim?

http://imgur.com/a/m3fPu
« Last Edit: 02:38 AM - 10/22/14 by Aiken_Drum »

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • Global Moderator
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
Re: Modded Controllers
« Reply #1 on: 02:36 AM - 10/22/14 »
Well, I believe Evil Controllers uses original controllers as the basis for their mods, so it's quite possible that these will work, but since they do unknown things to the guts of the controller that actually affect the functioning of it, there's no guarantee.

You're certainly free to use whatever works for you, but if you run into problems, we will ask you to switch to a regular, original, unmodified controller for the sake of debugging.  A modded controller introduces unknown factors and can make it impossible to determine where the source of an issue is.

Offline Oxxy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:08 AM - 10/22/14 »
Why would you want to use this anyway? I hope it's not what I think, if so it's pretty silly if you think xim works that way. Cause it doesn't.

Offline PUBzZz

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:50 AM - 10/22/14 »
Don't waste your time with modded controllers that offer "Rapid Fire" as an option.   If you feel the need to buy a "Mod" controller for whatever reason I would go with  a Scuf.

Best option is the standard MS Xbox One Controller for XIM4 in my opinion.
Xbox 1 | PS4
Steelseries Rival 600 | 12k @1000 hz
Logitech G440 Hard pad
Netduma
BenQ XL2420T
Astro A40 + Mixamp

Offline Loki

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Loki Revamped
  • PSN ID: LokiRevamped
« Reply #4 on: 08:56 AM - 10/22/14 »
No, modded controllers do not work with the Xim4, when connected to the Xim, the buttons on the controller are not actually being pressed therefore the board in the controller is not performing any functions.

Please don't trivialize something you don't understand

Offline Skiim83

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Skiim83
« Reply #5 on: 09:12 AM - 10/22/14 »
No, modded controllers do not work with the Xim4, when connected to the Xim, the buttons on the controller are not actually being pressed therefore the board in the controller is not performing any functions.

Can confirm nodded controllers will have no effect, other than possible banning.
« Last Edit: 10:48 AM - 10/22/14 by Skiim83 »