XIM Community

Unless I missed it in the compatibility thread...BT 4.0 works?  (Read 782 times)

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
Ok so I guess things changed since when Obsiv originally announced the XIM 4 saying he would include a BT adapter with every XIM4. I just found this out today.

Will any BT 4.0 adapter work? It seems easier to find them then the 2.1 adapter.

Thanks.
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
yes all of my 4.0 adapters work
they are backwards compatible
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
Sweet thanks. I'll pick one up. PITA trying to set it up the ol fashion way haha
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline Oxxy

• MVP
    • View Profile
I bought a cheap 4.0 bluetooth dongle from ebay for $6. Works fine.

Only ones that don't work seem to be Atheros BT adapters.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
Just to clarify, OBsIV meant that the Laird adapter that was required to make an Edge into a pseudo-XIM4 would be (and now is) embedded in the XIM4.  That is, however, the XIM4's bluetooth radio.  You still need one of your own in order to talk to it with your PC.

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
Just to clarify, OBsIV meant that the Laird adapter that was required to make an Edge into a pseudo-XIM4 would be (and now is) embedded in the XIM4.  That is, however, the XIM4's bluetooth radio.  You still need one of your own in order to talk to it with your PC.
I'm pretty sure way back when he said there would be a BT dongle included with every XIM4. Maybe I just misunderstood him. No biggie I'll pick one up tomorrow. Loving my XIM so far. Obsiv is the man!