XIM Community

Headset with my XIM  (Read 1887 times)

Offline OranParkour

• View Profile
Headset with my XIM
« on: 07:48 PM - 10/19/14 »
Hi guys and obsiv. First of all, XIM4 is a lovely piece of equipment. Since I picked up a gaming mouse, it has worked flawlessly! A credit to your team. Now.. I have a couple of questions -

Background: I currently have my XIM connected to my PC screen, and I plug between my DVI & HDMI cables depending if I'm on PC or PS4.

1 - Anyone know of a way I can run both plugged in concurrently, and hotkey switch between the two?
2 - I haven't as yet found a way to use my Turtle beach gaming headset, or PS4 headset for that matter. My screen only has one speaker output in the back, which I have my speakers plugged into. As you know, the gaming headsets have multiple plugs, which I would normally plug into a computer, but thus far cannot. I would love to be able to use my headset, but if not, I would settle for being able to use the stock Sony microphone and run the sound through the speakers so I can chat to friends.

Any information on the above would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
OranParkour

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Headset with my XIM
« Reply #1 on: 05:17 AM - 10/20/14 »
you could buy an HDMI switch, that way you could switch between the two with a single click of a button
HDMI to DVI cable from the switch to the monitor then

i dont know which turtle beach you have but look up your headphones on the turtle beach homepage, they give detailed setup pictures on how their stuff is meant to be connected with the PS4 in order to work
the only thing with XIM you need to consider is that the plug that goes into the controller has to go into a USB Soundcard that you buy for 3$ from amazon and is plugged into the PS4 :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline OranParkour

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:22 PM - 10/26/14 »
Hi Odin,
You're obviously all over this sort of setup, and while I'd consider myself moderate at stuff like this, could you please explain it in lamens terms, with maybe a link or two where to get the things I need? (Just the headphone setup)

My headphones are Z6a. Here is a link to the user guide, which only explains a XBOX360 setup
http://support.turtlebeach.com/download/1163/

Thanks in advance

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:03 PM - 10/26/14 »
you set everything up as in the manual except for page 11, you plug that cable into one of those things instead of the controller
its connected to the consoles usb port
http://www.amazon.com/Syba-SD-CM-UAUD-Adapter-C-Media-Chipset/dp/B001MSS6CS/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1414367743&sr=1-2&keywords=usb+sound+card

you however cannot use the cable that comes with the headset for this
youll need an y splitter for this that works into the opposite direction

well to make it short, its quite some effort and cables youll need in order to get the chatsound fully working
and then there isnt a guarantee everything will work as the additional parts you need usually are of cheap quality and might be faulty (eg the soundcard)

what id do is use the headset as in the manual to get the gamesound from the console
then connect an external mic to usb soundcard together with some regular speakers
that way you get the chatsound and you can talk, its probably the easiest option that doesnt require chaining several adapters into each other

turtle beach didnt have the PS4 in mind when creating this product (well ofc its an old gen headset)

alternatively google for some tutorials how other PS4 players are using your headset with the PS4
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline OranParkour

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:50 PM - 10/27/14 »
I'll be aiming to use my Z6a, including it's microphone. I purchased a USB audio adapter like the one you linked me to.

Can I now connect the microphone into the microphone port, and say the front speakers into the speaker port?
Then plug both the adapter's USB and Z6a's usb into my PS4?

Here are the two other pieces of equipment Turtle Beach sell seperately

Cable kit - though my screen doesn't have a RCA input
http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/cables-parts/xbox-360-cable-kit/213

Stereo adapter cable
http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/cables-parts/stereo-adapter-cable-for-z6a-headphones/214

Does any of this equipment instill other thoughts?

Thanks

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04:04 PM - 10/27/14 »
Stereo adapter cable
http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/cables-parts/stereo-adapter-cable-for-z6a-headphones/214

this is the key

you setup your headset via optical cable for the gamesound
then you plug the usb soundcard into the pc
then you use the cable from the link that you plug into the dobly processor and then into both plugs of the soundcard

theoretically everything should work then

alternatively you can do this here what you wrote :)

Can I now connect the microphone into the microphone port, and say the front speakers into the speaker port?
Then plugthe adapter's USB into my PS4?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:06 PM - 10/27/14 »
btw is your headset a USB headset?

if so all you need is to plug it into the front USB Port of the PS4 then everything should work already
no usb soundcard needed

Offline OranParkour

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08:36 PM - 10/27/14 »
Its the same as the turtle beach diagram, it has all the coloured sound cables, and also a USB cable.
You think the USB will suffice?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08:40 PM - 10/27/14 »
it could, definitely try it and let us know here!

Offline OranParkour

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05:47 PM - 11/07/14 »
Tried a few things and failed, so to make things easier could you please explain or direct me to a post that explains how to use the stock PS4 microphone with XIM4.

My PC speakers will suffice for game sounds, but I really want to chat with friends!

Thank in advance

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08:53 PM - 11/07/14 »
this is what most ximmers use, the USB Soundcard way:
http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=31920.0

alternatively plug a usb headset into the PS4, however the PS4 only reads one audio source, so optical and usb at the same time shouldnt be possible (never really tried it)

Offline OranParkour

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11:20 PM - 11/07/14 »
I only want to use the stock sony microphone, and dont want to spend another few hundred dollars getting a dss2 setup - happy enough to survive with my PC speakers running the sound.

Isnt there an easy way to run the stock sony mic into my ps4??

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10:18 AM - 11/08/14 »
there is, buy the cheap USB mic shown in the link and attach the mic to it
the USB card works as a controllers audio port replacement, you can get them for 3-5$