XIM Community

Astro Mixamp Alternative  (Read 13608 times)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Astro Mixamp Alternative
« Reply #15 on: 07:12 AM - 10/20/14 »
I sadly broke my a40's and now use mobile phone headset, seems to also give good audio however, I have never had to dial it so far over to voice before!

get a superlux hd681 for 20 pounds winnnie, and youll wonder why you sticked to the a40 for all those years ;)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline DEMENT

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: DEMENT__
« Reply #16 on: 07:24 AM - 10/20/14 »
Is there a better alternative to the Astro mixamp on xbox one?

my only gripe is the chat audio quality. my voice sounds muffled and distant when my voice goes through the mixamp, but when I directly plug in my A40 to the stereo adapter, my voice is crystal clear.

And these are a few with the exact same problem;
http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4677/t/1710852.aspx
for sound quality head over to head-fi website.

There are other alternitives. It seems that ps is more compatible to most of these devices because the Xbox controller . but I'm a ps4 guy so I know nothing so doing use me as an example
Gaming: PS4
Audio: Astro Mixmamp TR PRO/FiiO E09K -> AKG K702/Modmic 5
Control: Xim Apex -> Hp Standard Keyboard/G502
PSN: DEMENT__
Youtube: Voltaik Entertainment

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07:26 AM - 10/20/14 »
about the astro mixamp issues, the problem is the mixamp
if you have a 2013 version you need to upgrade the firmware of the mixamp, see astro homepage
then the odd chat sound is gone

the 2012 mixamp version cannot be patched but overall has less problems than the 2013 version
incase thats not acceptable for you then you might want to look into modding the mono chat adapter that came with the Xbox One, this one doesnt create any odd sound with any mixamp and can me modded to be compatible with any mic and headphone
see eg roads mod in this forum
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay