XIM Community

Logitech G9x having issues  (Read 1103 times)

Offline waddell1983

• View Profile
Logitech G9x having issues
« on: 06:57 AM - 10/14/14 »
I just received my XIM 4 today and when setting up the config I am unable to set the two side buttons on the mouse as buttons every time one is pressed it knocks the mouse of the XIM and the mouse has 0 function until it is unplugged and then plugged back in again. I find this strange as I previously used the XIM edge with the same mouse and the buttons worked without any issues! Any one got any ideas what this could be or anything I can try to solve the problem?

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
Re: Logitech G9x having issues
« Reply #1 on: 12:42 PM - 10/14/14 »
Welcome to the site.  :)

I believe with the G9x you will need to use Logitech's Gaming Software to set the buttons to a generic type (e.g. Button5) or possibly to virtual keystrokes.  By default I think those buttons emit a special code that is unique to Logitech.

Also make sure that when you save mouse settings, you save them in a profile that is stored on the mouse itself (sometimes called a Profile On The Go in LGS, or a profile in on-board memory in earlier versions).  By default, it is saved to your PC and automatically selected based on the game you're playing.  This doesn't work when the PC is removed and replaced with a XIM4.

By the way, if you didn't see it, there is a very recent build of both the XIM4 firmware and its manager app now posted for downloading from the XIM 4 Downloads Release Candidates section of this forum.  They both have several significant bug fixes, so we do recommend using them instead of what shipped with your XIM4.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:45 PM - 10/14/14 »
from what i recall the G9x only works on the default profile, as soon as you change the profile on the mouse the mouse will lock up
similar to the steelseries sensei sidebuttons

so just go into the setpoint driver and restore the original default mouse profile, then every button should be bindable
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Oxxy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:31 PM - 10/14/14 »
You can switch profiles, it just locks up every time you switch it so you gotta unplug and replug. Kinda annoying but it doesn't take that long.

I don't use the g9x anymore but all the buttons were fine on xim3. Hope it's not a xim4 issue though, for the sake of others.

Try using setpoint like odin said, I found it to be 10x better than LGS anyway. You'll need to use an older version though. Can't remember which is the latest before they switched most of them over to LGS. http://www.oldapps.com/setpoint.php

edit: Try version 6.32 actually