XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Keyboard scroll wheel seen as mouse scroll wheel  (Read 1533 times)

Offline Groove

• View Profile
Keyboard is Belkin n52te.  Mouse is Logitech g9x.  Scroll up and scroll down on the Belkin are seen as mouse commands as can be seen by the red M on XIMManager when performed.  Clicking down the scroll wheel on the Belkin is seen as a keyboard command.

Edit:  meant to post this in XIM4 Hardware Compatibility.  Mods please move.
« Last Edit: 12:12 PM - 10/16/14 by Aiken_Drum »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Keyboard scroll wheel seen as mouse scroll wheel
« Reply #1 on: 11:42 AM - 10/15/14 »
first time i hear that
did you try changing the XIM4 usb ports of the belkin and the mouse?
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Groove

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:50 AM - 10/15/14 »
I plugged them into the recommended ports then never unplugged them.  Are you saying to try switching the mouse and keyboard into each others' ports now?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:49 PM - 10/15/14 »
yes try to change them and see what happens

what symbols are used on the XIM Manager for your devices?
especially for the belkin?
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline Groove

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:54 PM - 10/15/14 »
Reversing the mouse and keyboard ports does not resolve the issue.

Currently, the icons, from left to right, show an Xbox one console, an Xbox one controller, a blue mouse, and a black one handed keyboard with blue buttons in the middle.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:01 PM - 10/15/14 »
all right thanks
ill move this to the support section then so this gets more attention

i dont own a n52te but lots of other forum users do, maybe they can give feedback on this

Offline Groove

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02:01 PM - 10/15/14 »
So where do I stand?  Is the XIM team working on addressing this issue or do I have to pray for some non paid forum user to find a hot fix for me?  This isn't even addressing my XIM4 randomly deciding to shut itself off from time to time.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02:38 PM - 10/15/14 »
it could be that this is intended by the n52te for eg PC usage, thats why itll be good to have a different n52te forum user to join in to confirm this

about your shut-off, what exactly is happening?
usually this comes from not having the rumble deactivated, but theres a beta fix you can download that fixes further issues regarding shut-offs, eg from the controller
you can download it from the rc tester board sub forum

Offline Groove

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02:42 PM - 10/15/14 »
My XIM stays on but the peripheral devices shut off from time to time.  Holding the Xbox one button does nothing.  XIM must be power cycled.  Rumble is, and has been, disabled.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02:44 PM - 10/15/14 »
what does the XIM Manager display in such a situation?
are the mouse and keyboard still displayed or did they vanish?
what about the controller?

or is it a full XIM reset which would make the manager crashing during that moment?

Offline Groove

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02:50 PM - 10/15/14 »
I think the ximmanager screen tinted red and had some weird text, including parenthsis and stuff, at the bottom of the screen the one time I checked it.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12:02 PM - 10/16/14 »
The scroll wheel on the n52te does present as a mouse wheel.  The device appears as both a keyboard and mouse, and the mouse part is what sends us the wheel motion.  That's just how the device was designed.

As for the error, it sounds like a power fault to me.  Click the Instructional Videos link in my signature and watch the one about Power Faults.  It'll explain how to recognize one and what you can do.

Usually the solution is to dim/disable lighting, disable vibration, and connect only charged controllers, OR introduce a USB hub with its own power adapter between the XIM4 and the peripherals.