XIM Community

Steelseries sensei  (Read 3102 times)

Offline richtofen

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: richtofen2008
Steelseries sensei
« on: 08:49 AM - 10/14/14 »
I have a Sensei Pro and am willing to buy one Xim4 so i can play Destiny better, the last FPS i played on consoles was 007 Golden Eye for N64, and am really struggling to play it, i have this mouse and the razer Nostromo that i already saw is in the list of compatible keyboards, but i didnt understand this here:

SteelSeries Sensei requires profile to be copied to on-board storage using their utility, else DPI will not save

If someone could clear this out for me, and off course works i will definitely buy one XIM4 this week.(i will have to wait a lot so it can reach Madeira Island :( )

Thanks

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
Re: Steelseries sensei
« Reply #1 on: 11:50 AM - 10/14/14 »
Your mouse profiles (settings you can switch between) can be stored on your mouse or on your PC:

- The mouse has limited storage space, but profiles stored on the mouse are always available.

- Your PC has almost-unlimited storage space, but the profiles stored on your PC are available only when the mouse is attached to your PC.

- For most users, saving to PC is the best option.  It is usually the default behavior.  They play games on their PC only, so this works.

- For you, saving to mouse memory is the best option.  You need a profile your mouse can load when there is no PC.  That's why you are advised to save to mouse memory, and to save the profile as the default profile.  If you don't, your mouse will load its factory settings (maybe 800dpi and 125Hz).

Does this make sense?

Offline richtofen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:39 AM - 10/15/14 »
yeah, i understand, i relly dont know if i saved my profile in the mouse, but i think its saved since i put a logo in the little led at the botton of the mouse, well then i think my peripherals are perfect for the use of XIM4.
I never bought anything like that so i have doubts about it, since i dont know the brand and i dont know if the XIM4 will have support for a long time and if it will support new games. The person that i talked to(ebay) said that it is 1 year warranty

Offline richtofen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:24 AM - 11/17/14 »
is it possible to make the ADS toggle? is really crippling me on Crucible.....

Cant the movement of my aim be more smooth? ... its like is skipping a lot of pixels when i move the aim.

thanks

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:37 PM - 11/17/14 »
May I ask what your XIM4 Manager sensitivity is set to?

Offline richtofen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04:40 AM - 11/19/14 »
for ADS is around 160 and Hip is 150...i really need the toggle :)

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
Steelseries Sensei
« Reply #6 on: 06:33 AM - 11/19/14 »
Those sensitivity values are far too high, You will be hitting the turn speed limitation on Destiny constantly :-\

It might also be the reason you are seen "Pixel Skipping" or your lift off distance needs to be set higher.

The Sensei's sensor has a native DPI of 5670, You should try using that as well  :)

I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline richtofen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:21 AM - 11/19/14 »
but if i set it lower i cant play well, what are your recomendations in general?

Set the dpi to 5670, what about the Hip and ADS sensitivity?Can i use boost freely?
Can you use your toggle ADS?mine does not work

thanks again

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06:47 PM - 11/20/14 »
If you make sure your mouse's own DPI is saved at the native resolution of the sensor (5760?), and that that setting is saved specifically to the mouse itself, rather than a profile on your hard drive, then you would more likely be using a value like 40 for sens in XIM4 manager, give or take a bit based on personal prefs.

Also remember to set your in-game sens to maximum.

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
« Reply #9 on: 07:08 PM - 11/20/14 »
5670 is the native DPI Aiken :)
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline richtofen

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03:00 AM - 11/21/14 »
strange i was sure i saved my profile on the mouse....well i will test it on another pc to see if the profile is saved, then i will try to get this working better. i will let you guys know.

Aiken and how about the toggle ADS, does it work?

Thanks again you guys are awesome, later today i will let you guys know

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03:55 PM - 11/21/14 »
Toggle ADS is only meant for games that actually do ADS toggling.  That setting is about matching what the game does, not about modifying the behavior.  The only way to get an ADS toggle right now is if your game does it or has an option for it.  The problem with doing it in XIM is that we don't know when various things turn off ADS in the game (being shot, sprinting, etc.) and you can be left in the wrong mode very easily and quite often.  It's not really practical.

Offline richtofen

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04:16 PM - 11/23/14 »
well i have done what you guys sugested and my gamming improved a lot, but still have blinking red light when i move the aim, do i have to reduce the sensitivity more?...how about boast? how does it work?

thanks again

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11:16 PM - 11/23/14 »
The red light means you're moving the mouse faster than the game itself allows the player to turn, so you either must reduce sensitivity or move your hand more slowly.  Some of us find it easier to "ride" the red light, without going over too much, when using a lower sensitivity and a larger mouse pad.  It just takes some time for your muscles to learn the trick.  :)

Offline richtofen

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03:01 AM - 11/24/14 »
thanks for info about the toggle :)

about the red light, well yeah am trying my best here but i think it will be dificult to play without the red light blinking. What is the max sensitivity the game(Destiny) can accept without blinking?What does boost do?

Admin