XIM Community

Mouse Roccat Tyon  (Read 11188 times)

Offline bastyen

• View Profile
Mouse Roccat Tyon
« on: 03:42 AM - 10/14/14 »
Hello !
I want to buy A Roccat Tyon but I want to know before if somebody test it with a Xim4 (or another Xim)...
Regards
S
« Last Edit: 09:18 AM - 10/14/14 by bastyen »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Mouse Roccat Tyon
« Reply #1 on: 09:25 AM - 10/14/14 »
Welcome to the community. Hopefully someone with this mouse will comment about its compatibility.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline bastyen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:37 AM - 10/15/14 »
Thanks !
I hope so too !

It's my first question here but I'm a Xim user since the XIM3. And I have the Xim Edge too...
I am a PC gamer, but thanks to you for your product because I can play with my friends who have only consoles...

Regards
S from France

Offline gabe28

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: sore_eyes28
« Reply #3 on: 07:46 PM - 10/18/14 »
im using roccat pure.. its a claw grip. its does fit well.
i recommended tyon or xtd rather. roccat mouse is fully compatible w/ xim 4. planning to get the roccat xtd 8200 dpi  palm grip soon.

heres the review comparison - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qs2Asv_Oc0

Meanmachine1980

« Reply #4 on: 01:15 PM - 10/19/14 »
I have the Tyon since Friday, the mouse works great with the XIM4. The movement is fine, better then my old G700. The only problem i had find is that not every button works smooth and the XIM4 didnt register the most of the Buttonmapping.
The X-Celerator Button works but the problem is there are not enougth button layers that the register...

Hopefully that Obsiv can fix the issues with the button registering from the XIM4.

Offline gabe28

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: sore_eyes28
« Reply #5 on: 07:13 PM - 10/19/14 »
download the roccat driver & enable the buttons. some buttons are disabled thats why button remapping cant be done.

Offline bastyen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:21 AM - 10/20/14 »
Thanks for your try !
Tell us if it will be ok with the drivers.
Regards

Offline patchm00

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Patchm00
« Reply #7 on: 10:03 AM - 10/20/14 »
Thinking of getting Roccat Kone XTD or Corsair M65.  I have Logitech G502 but seems too small for my palm grip.  Anyone try the G502 and one of these others and can tell me if they would be better for palm grip large-ish hands?

thanks

Meanmachine1980

« Reply #8 on: 10:39 AM - 10/20/14 »
I have allready remaped my buttonsetting with the Tyon Driver Software. The fact is that there are not enought buttons to map that the XIM can register. I try every buttonselction but there are just only 9 Buttonlayers that the XIM4 register when its mapped. The buttons are "Click, Menu, IE forward, IE Backward, left tilt, right tilt, universal scrolling and Mousewheel up/down.
I tryed to map the X-celerator with the left and right courser and some other buttons like ., and so one the XIM dosent register these buttons. My toughts about the X-Celerator was that when i am in a tank or any vehicle with a turning gun i can use this to turn but it didnt work, just only if i take some buttons that registing from the XIM but i need them for other keystroke combination.  :)

Offline bastyen

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01:37 AM - 10/21/14 »
Do you think that the XIM4 could register soon 10 or 12 buttons ? That will be fine !!!  :)

Regards
S

Offline Stephan70

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Stephan70
  • PSN ID: Stephan70
« Reply #10 on: 11:58 AM - 10/21/14 »
Thinking of getting Roccat Kone XTD or Corsair M65.  I have Logitech G502 but seems too small for my palm grip.  Anyone try the G502 and one of these others and can tell me if they would be better for palm grip large-ish hands?

thanks

Hi Patchm00.

Did you get the Roccat Kone XTD yet?  I am interested in getting one, but I was waiting to hear if anyone get it yet.  How does it work with the XIM4?  Is it as big as the Razer Naga. I have bug hands also, and was looking for something new.  I also noticed that there are lights or LED's on the XTD.  Do you have to disable the lights to work with the XIM4?  I know there power issues out there and if you can't disable the lights and you have power issues, it will defeat the purpose in buying...  Thanks... 

Offline patchm00

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Patchm00
« Reply #11 on: 12:35 PM - 10/21/14 »
No, I went with the G700S since they had one out I could feel and it felt good in my large-ish hand.  they would not take the Roccat out of the box for me.  I'll try the G700S and see what its like and if I don't like it i'll try the Roccat XTD.  Looking at it in the box I looks a bit smaller than the G700S but not much.

I did load the Roccat software and the interface looks nice and you can disable lights easily in there so that should not be a problem.

The G700S was 30% off at bestbuy which made it $65 or so and the Roccat was $85

Meanmachine1980

« Reply #12 on: 12:05 AM - 10/22/14 »
Do you think that the XIM4 could register soon 10 or 12 buttons ? That will be fine !!!  :)

Regards
S

Like i sad before, the Tyon Driver Setup has 9 buttonlayers that are register. I have everything that i need to play fine on the Mouse like Shoot, ADS, Spotting, Reload, Change Weapon, Knife, Grenade, first Gagdet, second Gagdet. I take the mousewheel to change the DPI and the Finswitch to change the sensitivity.
There are now 5 Buttons including the X-celerator that not really working with the XIM4 (like i sad i have this buttons for DPI and so on) but it would be nice if the XIM Developers could update the software that the XIM register more buttons from the ROCCAT Tyon.
The mouse itself really works great and now i performe much better then before with the G700 cause the Tyon is a lightweight and it fits perfectly to my hand because it is a bit smaller then the Logitech G700.

I think that Obsiv can subscribe the Tyon at the combatible Hardware for the XIM4, just only with a small information about the buttonlayer.  :)

Offline bastyen

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04:31 AM - 12/15/14 »
Hello !
Some new informations about the furure compatibility of this mouse with the Xim4...?  ;)
Regards !

Offline amiskawa

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03:53 AM - 03/02/15 »
I just bought a Tyon after I read the post 3 days ago.
I mapped left/right tilt with 2 gadgets in BF4, but feel left/right tilt don't work correctly. (I do not know how to explain it. It is a strange feeling anyway.)
Now I just use 7 button layers. :'(

I have allready remaped my buttonsetting with the Tyon Driver Software. The fact is that there are not enought buttons to map that the XIM can register. I try every buttonselction but there are just only 9 Buttonlayers that the XIM4 register when its mapped. The buttons are "Click, Menu, IE forward, IE Backward, left tilt, right tilt, universal scrolling and Mousewheel up/down.
I tryed to map the X-celerator with the left and right courser and some other buttons like ., and so one the XIM dosent register these buttons. My toughts about the X-Celerator was that when i am in a tank or any vehicle with a turning gun i can use this to turn but it didnt work, just only if i take some buttons that registing from the XIM but i need them for other keystroke combination.  :)

Admin