XIM Community

Game Updates Suggestion  (Read 769 times)

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Spidey
Game Updates Suggestion
« on: 10:19 AM - 10/08/14 »
Might I suggest that a closed and stickied thread titled something like "Game Updates" be created and stickied in this forum (or a more appropriate one if there is another) that has the game(s) that is/are a part of a given update.

This way, Obs can go in and add a post that so and so game ST was included in the update and all can easily see what is in the update.  The post would have the date, so there is no confusion about when it dropped or what game, and forum users can easily see if there is a new game update by visiting this sub forum and seeing if the Game Update thread has a "New" next to it.

I think this would be beneficial for a few reasons.  Obs wouldn't need to create a new thread for every game ST release.  It would also solve the confusion some are having with the BF4 update where people aren't sure whether a new ST was released for the new Advanced settings in the Fall Patch.  With a single thread, they could easily see the date for multiple entries of the same game and know that if they haven't updated after that point, that they are out of date.  It could also help in terms of them knowing that an update is out before they get home, so if XIM4 Manager doesn't auto pull it for some reason, they know they need to restart, because an update is definitely there.

Just think this would be a good addition for the community.  Let me know XIM Team if you think this is a good idea, or even if this should be in Feedback as opposed to this sub forum.
« Last Edit: 02:15 PM - 10/08/14 by Web-head »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Game Updates Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: 01:11 PM - 10/08/14 »
You had mentioned something like this in a previous thread. While we do have update notes in Manager this would help track things too. The BF4 update is a good example. I'll set it up.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Spidey
« Reply #2 on: 02:14 PM - 10/08/14 »
You had mentioned something like this in a previous thread. While we do have update notes in Manager this would help track things too. The BF4 update is a good example. I'll set it up.

Thanks mist.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:20 PM - 10/08/14 »
Thanks for the suggestion. :)
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos