XIM Community

Razer Blackwidow Chroma  (Read 7259 times)

Offline Linktotherescue

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Linktotherescue
  • PSN ID: Linktotherescue
Razer Blackwidow Chroma
« on: 07:50 AM - 10/08/14 »
Just picked up this keyboard yesterday as I was having trouble getting my color scheme to match up with my g510s. It is confirmed working with latest update from razer synapse. Thought I'd drop this here for you guys. It's an excellent board as well much updated from the previous models.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Razer Blackwidow Chroma
« Reply #1 on: 12:43 PM - 10/08/14 »
can you try how much buttons are accepted at once while being connected to the XIM?
the past models had keyboard lock-ups as soon as more than two buttons where used

eg walk diagonal forward (W+D) and then hold jump (Space) and try a crouchjump (cntrl)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Linktotherescue

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Linktotherescue
  • PSN ID: Linktotherescue
« Reply #2 on: 01:10 AM - 10/10/14 »
Multiple button presses work extremely well been playing with it for 3 days now. No issues with it locking up at all. :)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:31 PM - 10/10/14 »
wow thats awesome, this was the biggest critic point of the previous keyboard version! :)
ill put it into the compatibility list now, thanks!
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:03 PM - 10/10/14 »
wow thats awesome, this was the biggest critic point of the previous keyboard version! :)
ill put it into the compatibility list now, thanks!
Dammit I have the 2013 Razer Blackwidow. Glad I saw this before getting my XIM4. So my keyboard has major issues with multiple button presses with the XIM?

Guess I shouldn't be too upset. Some of the keys were starting to double tap even though I cleaned the switches with alcohol.
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:09 PM - 10/10/14 »
yes the old model starts to "stick" buttons when not being used with synapse as soon as more than two buttons are pressed
im glad to hear razer figured that this isnt optimal for a gaming keyboard and fixed it with their latest model version

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02:39 PM - 10/10/14 »
I realize it sort-of works, but should I put the 2013 on the "Known NOT working" list due to the stuck keys issue?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:01 PM - 10/10/14 »
its also the 2014 regular and ultimate version, this one is the very first that doesnt have it

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03:05 PM - 10/10/14 »
Noted, but do you guys think the keyboard should simply be on the "Known NOT working" list?  I mean, it technically works, but only until you try to do something crazy like pressing several keys.  It seems like maybe we should discourage buying it.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03:10 PM - 10/10/14 »
yes whenever someone indends to buy this keyboard here i usually recommend to get a different one ;)

i dont know if taking it out of the list is the best idea, i mean once XIM Commander is out we could just attach a "(C)" to it which means "(C) = full compatibility without ghosting only through XIM Commander" or so
well theoretically any keyboard should work through XIM Commander, but im sure you get what i mean, its a very popular keyboard that costs surprisingly much money, i can see people being upset if it isnt listed as working

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07:53 PM - 10/10/14 »
Wait so I just realized they have a bunch of different versions. I have the Blackwidow Ultimate. There is also a Blackwidow and Blackwidow tournament edition on top of the Blackwidow Ultimate Chroma edition.

So all of the above models have problems except the Chroma edition?
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10:10 PM - 10/10/14 »
tournament too, yes
i forgot to mention this model but users reported it to have issues too as far as i know

overall i recommend to just go with a different brand, there are lots of mechanical keyboards out there with backlight for less money that dont have sticking/ghosting keys and sell for less money

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08:37 AM - 10/15/14 »
I think I'm going to return my corsair k65 rgb and get the chroma. I wish the chroma came in tournament lay out. Don't need the keypad.

Offline krnlpud

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: krnlpud 101
« Reply #13 on: 01:09 AM - 10/17/14 »
does the custom color setup transfer over when you set it up on the pc and then plug it into the XIM4?

Was just wondering because if we cannot setup the colors we want to the keys we want, and it holds a memory of that setting when we unplug it and plug it into the XIM4, then I can pay a little less and go for the ultimate elite edition and save 50 bucks and just have the solid green backlit.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05:44 AM - 10/17/14 »
but the ultimate suffers from a very poor key rollover which makes the keys start to stick once several keys are pressed at once
as it seems right now the chroma is the only real usable razer keyboard right now

ofc that doesnt answer your question (which i cannot answer as i dont have the keyboard) but if you want to go cheap then look into the mechanical corsair or coolermaster keyboards