XIM Community

Destiny KDR?  (Read 2452 times)

Offline hemlawk

• View Profile
Destiny KDR?
« on: 11:28 PM - 10/05/14 »
So in Destiny beta my KDR was about 0.3 - 0.5. Pretty terrible with a controller.

Now with the XIM 4 I'm averaging 1.2 kdr, which isnt too shabby. It would have been higher, but I died a lot trying to complete bounties.

Offline uselessbruce

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: iamvuman
Re: Destiny KDR?
« Reply #1 on: 12:35 AM - 10/07/14 »
Congrats on the improvement, keep at it. I watched this video to motivate me to get better at the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SfQEOj9ssU

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:54 AM - 10/08/14 »
I was even worse.  I watched a lot of people playing and realized I did a lot of things wrong and no input device would save me from myself.  I learned some, and while my reflexes are only getting worse as I age, I've gotten from 0.15 KDRs to more like 1.5 or 2 on good runs.  My best is now 6.0, which is nothing compared to a guy like HH or Od1n, but I'm certainly happy with it.

I'd say this clip is probably the biggest inspiration for me.  I watch it over and over and learn.  YMMV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCl06vcRItA

Offline AntiM

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: AntiM59
« Reply #3 on: 07:53 AM - 10/08/14 »
I was even worse.  I watched a lot of people playing and realized I did a lot of things wrong and no input device would save me from myself.  I learned some, and while my reflexes are only getting worse as I age, I've gotten from 0.15 KDRs to more like 1.5 or 2 on good runs.  My best is now 6.0, which is nothing compared to a guy like HH or Od1n, but I'm certainly happy with it.

I'd say this clip is probably the biggest inspiration for me.  I watch it over and over and learn.  YMMV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCl06vcRItA

Well.

At least I wasn't Ric Rolled.   :o

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:12 PM - 10/09/14 »
:D

I actually originally had a note below the link saying, "And, no, it's not Rick Astley."

Offline Robsao

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02:14 PM - 10/13/14 »
My best matches: http://imgur.com/a/OjFOY

I usually get 1.5-2.0 k/d

One question, I'm using a Razor combo keyboard+mouse and it works great, but sometimes when I'm either holding A or D to strafe to the left/right, usually while also aiming down the sights, when I let go of the button, to stop strafing to go another direction, it keeps going that way, as if i were still holding the button. it bugs then i gotta press A (or D) again to stop it from going that way. Anyone else have that problem or knows how to fix? I dont know if its the keyboard or a xim4 config or something.

Offline hemlawk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:41 PM - 10/13/14 »
I've never experienced that with A & D. I'm still using the cod Ghost St, because I'm so used to it and I'm lazy.
 If it wasn't for stupid Queens Wrath bounties, my kdr would be higher.

Offline Bombing

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:14 PM - 10/15/14 »
Mine are pretty good

Offline SlappyTang

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: SlappyTang
« Reply #8 on: 09:25 AM - 10/16/14 »
My best was 6.0, but I only got that once. I was never a console gamer so my normal K/D with a controller was .4ish. With the XIM4, I'm always over a 1.0 KDR even on bad games with no teamwork.

Offline litex2x

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Humbabalol
« Reply #9 on: 12:00 AM - 10/18/14 »
I don't know if anybody else is trying to do the exotic hand cannon pvp bounty with this but the xim 4 is a godsend. I got 140 points just from 4 salvage matches.
« Last Edit: 03:49 AM - 10/18/14 by litex2x »