XIM Community

[RESOLVED] XIM4 Robotic Audio Distortion on XBOX ONE  (Read 721 times)

Offline runnersfury

• View Profile
(Aiken Edit: Split from the original topic, as the issue appears to be simpler than the OP's and is now resolved.)

Hi All,

I'm having the same issue - persistent sound distortion through my microsoft issue xbox one stereo headset.  This sound distortion is not present if I use the controller and headset normally (connected directly to the xbox one).

Manager Version: 4.00.20140619
Firmware Version: 4.00.20140619

However, In addition, I've been having issues with bluetooth pairing when all my peripherals are connected to the Xim4 and issues with the keyboard being recognized (while the mouse and controller work).  I've tried an assortment of micro usb cables (that have worked with both charge and data transfer for my android phone) including the cable included with the xbox one charge and play kit (microsoft brand).  I've tried different ports on the xbox one (side / front).  Interesting enough, if I unplug/replug the controller and unplug/replug the keyboard the keyboard and mouse operate fine, but then the controller does not function anymore.  I've performed numerous hard resets.  Any ideas what could be up?  I hate to ask for help, but I've read through the FAQs (maybe I missed something?).

To add, I used the Xim Edge with my xbox 360, so I have some experience with these awesome devices. 

Port 1:  Logitech g500 (worked fine with my xim edge)
Port 2: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid keyboard (worked fine with my xim edge)
Port 3: stock wireless xbox one control

Note:  On my xbox 360, I used to connect through a USB hub to prevent disconnects.  Should I do that with my xim4 + xbox one config?

Many thanks for time and for your assistance!  It is sincerely appreciated.
« Last Edit: 12:07 PM - 10/02/14 by Aiken_Drum »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
You are definitely going to want to upgrade to the Beta firmware given the issues you are running into (located in Release Candidates under Downloads).
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline runnersfury

• View Profile
Thanks for the quick reply.  I will try that right now!

Offline runnersfury

• View Profile
Beta firmware fixes everything.  Thanks!  (Sorry that I missed that I should update to Beta in the first place)

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
No worries.  :)  Sorry for the inconvenience, but glad it got resolved for you.

Admin