XIM Community

future request/idea  (Read 1151 times)

lethalbloody

future request/idea
« on: 11:22 AM - 10/02/14 »
devs/admins

the ability to seperate 2 or more actions bound to a single key by the game devs, not only separate the actions but a toggle or hold feature would be good, as this would give people more options with there separated key, eg crouch/prone on BF4 where we know its press/hold, the reason for the toggle or hold feature is you could have crouch as 1 key (toggle) and on another key prone (hold), that way if you happen to brush or hit the prone key you shouldnt go on your guts in the middle of a fire fight, unless you want to, and if one prefers they could have this to toggle, this would work for other games to im sure. another eg is the start button again BF4, where menu/scoreboard/map (in game map) you could separate these as well, to have map as 1 key toggle/hold, the menu as 1 key toggle/hold and not important but scoreboard as another. i dont know for sure how you devs/admins would go about doing this as its just an idea

lethalbloody

Re: future request/idea
« Reply #1 on: 11:42 AM - 10/02/14 »
maybe in XIM4 manager where you go to bind your keys, you could have it so you click on the x,square,circle,triangle, etc... (not the listening box), and it comes up with the feature to separate, and it would show the game actions that are bound to that PS/ XBOX button, then select your prefered action key toggle/hold, and if you do this have nothing binded in the listening box. dunno but ill leave this to you devs/admins as its just an idea

Offline KodRaiN

• MVP
  • Code Reign
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: KodRaiN
« Reply #2 on: 09:08 AM - 10/03/14 »
This can almost be done in the secondary tab found at the bottom of the "Buttons" page.  Almost, because you can bind two different buttons to one action, and one button to two actions, but there's no ability to have a key held virtually for a set amount of time.  This kind of borders on macros which aren't supported by the XIM, the thought of which is a little tantalizing for me when combined with the possibility of the double/quad shot and BxR being left in Halo 2 MCC.

lethalbloody

« Reply #3 on: 04:12 PM - 10/03/14 »
yeah true, but what im talking about doesnt need to have a toggle/hold feature with it, just the plain ability to separate 2 or more actions bound to 1 key to a preferd key would be good

Offline KodRaiN

• MVP
  • Code Reign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:48 PM - 10/03/14 »
Yup.  Already doable.  Look at your secondary bindings.  Its how we map our super in Destiny to a single button.

Offline MarikCraven

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:25 PM - 10/03/14 »
Yup.  Already doable.  Look at your secondary bindings.  Its how we map our super in Destiny to a single button.

And the opposite is true where you can bind one button to two different keys. Like on destiny I like having both wheel up and c bound to Y so that I can change weapons quick with the mouse wheel but when I need to hold down the y I use c.

lethalbloody

« Reply #6 on: 09:15 PM - 10/03/14 »
crouch/prone is the key im having some troubles with, ive been messing around with this for a while, primary, secondary it doesnt matter what key or keys i have this to, in the end its still going to crouch/prone just on another key, im talking about having crouch only on 1key and prone only on 1key not crouch/prone on 1key and crouch/prone on another, i dont see what you guys are saying to me explain more

Offline KodRaiN

• MVP
  • Code Reign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09:23 PM - 10/03/14 »
If I'm not mistaken crouch and prone are the same key in battlefield, as in CoD, you just hold it to go prone.  If this is true, then it sounds like what you want can only be done with a macro.  XIM will not support macros because it is against the terms of service on Xbox and playstation.

Offline KodRaiN

• MVP
  • Code Reign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:28 PM - 10/03/14 »
Your best solution is to get used to hold-to-prone.  I did and I got pretty filthy at drop-shotting.

lethalbloody

« Reply #9 on: 09:38 PM - 10/03/14 »
yeah ok, i see changing a game devs bindings would look sus, just have to master this like you say, still though having crouch as 1 key is simple to me yet cant be done
« Last Edit: 05:18 AM - 10/05/14 by lethalbloody »

lethalbloody

« Reply #10 on: 01:52 AM - 10/11/14 »
well finally i figured out why im having this crouch/prone problem and its the keyboard im using Logitech Y-BN52, pulled out one of the keys to see whats going on in there, there is these little plastic things under the keys that run down guides, so if dont press down the key in the middle and hit the side of the key it wont go down the guides properly and becomes sticky and i end up pressing down to hard resulting in going to a unwanted prone

Admin