XIM Community

logitech g700s  (Read 32969 times)

Offline flst81

• Go Noles!!!!!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pl3zd0ntsh00tm3
Re: logitech g700s
« Reply #90 on: 06:30 PM - 10/25/13 »
Have you had trouble binding any other buttons in game? I have all 4 buttons on the sides mapped with no problems.
Xim 4| Logitech G13 | Logitech G502 | Glorious Extended mouse pad| Razer Vespula | Asus MX279H monitor |  ROCCAT APURI Active USB Hub | XB1

Offline W34KN35S

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: W34KN35S
  • PSN ID: z-W34KN35S-z
« Reply #91 on: 05:30 AM - 10/28/13 »
Have you had trouble binding any other buttons in game? I have all 4 buttons on the sides mapped with no problems.
the g700 or the g700s ? and if the g700s then how .....did they finally update LGS ?

Offline flst81

• Go Noles!!!!!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pl3zd0ntsh00tm3
« Reply #92 on: 09:32 AM - 10/28/13 »
First make sure you have the top two side buttons set to generic in LGS. Then in game, push start and back buttons at the same time on your xbox controller. Then push the guide button on xbox controller and you're set to in game binding. Push whichever button you want to bind on the controller then push the button on the mouse you want to bind it to. Repeat the process for however many buttons you want to bind and when you're done push the guide button on the controller and you're done.
Xim 4| Logitech G13 | Logitech G502 | Glorious Extended mouse pad| Razer Vespula | Asus MX279H monitor |  ROCCAT APURI Active USB Hub | XB1

Offline yoakim_larsson

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: yoakim_larsson
« Reply #93 on: 11:26 AM - 11/03/13 »
Sorry for this now......How @#$% %&#"!!!!! stupid is Logitech. Set point was far from perfect but this LGS @#$% is.....absolutely a nightmare...

I have for 2 days now tried mapping buttons on boht the Logitech G700s and G602....and IT DOES NOT WORK!

So please guy guys that have maked this impossible thing work. How did you do it!

I have read this tread 20 times now....

I am in the LGS software... I do not use profiles, and do the changes in the default profile, I do not use macros....the only thing I would like to do is...mapping the buttons to the mouse and that is. I have use ximedge with latest build, and tried to do adjustment in the (In game with; Bo2). And the xim do not recognize all the buttons.....

And is there som way to see that changes from LGS, really stuck to the mouse: Like a save button? My guess is that the mouse still uses the default setting despite...that I try to changes it.

So please guys, help me out!.....and sorry for the frustration!

Offline giuseppe

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 08:24 AM - 12/03/13 »
As I am sure you have tried 100 things already, the best advice I can give you would be to start with a clean slate.

- Clear the profiles you have on your G700S
- Start a new profile
- Ensure you are using onboard memory from the LGS settings
- Set all buttons to 'Use Generic' (See page 4 of this thread where I detail how to do that)

- Start with a default ST for whatever game you are playing
- Bind all buttons from within the game.

DISCLAIMER:

I have never bound the following and do not know if they will work.. in fact some of them do not work and I have been working to find a workaround for them..

DPI Up
DPI Down
Battery Level
Switch Profile

Here is the thread where I was doing a workaround:

http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=28786.30

If i had a camcorder or three hands or cared to hear my voice over video - I would make this a youtube video.. but.. nope - I tend to avoid things that make me grow extra arms.  Plus I am XIMless right now until the XIM4 comes out for my XB1

I also have not tried macros as I never use them.  Furthermore, I have never had success setting a button on the mouse in LGS to something like 'M' on the keyboard and then using that in game - it just does not work.  Finally, you cannot set an auto-fire or rapid fire macro to left mouse or right mouse because the only thing LGS lets you do to left or right is switch them back and forth.

Good luck.  If you have any specific questions - please post them here so we can also help other people with similar problems!

Thanks,
-Giuseppe
Xbox One Day One Edition | Xbox 360 Slim 250GB
XIM Edge | Razer Orbweaver | Logitech G700S | Turtle Beach XP 510
Crappy End Table | Brookstone Lap Desk | Old Mouse Pad | Comfy Recliner | 60" Sharp LED TV

Offline Dale

• MVP
  • What would the great lion do?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DaleisGOD
« Reply #95 on: 08:53 AM - 12/03/13 »
guiseppe, you should put "Resident G700s expert" in your signature... because you've done a lot of good work trying to figure out that godforsaken LGS... I tried getting around the pitfalls of this mouse but ultimately went back to the G500.

Offline giuseppe

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 08:59 AM - 12/03/13 »
guiseppe, you should put "Resident G700s expert" in your signature... because you've done a lot of good work trying to figure out that godforsaken LGS... I tried getting around the pitfalls of this mouse but ultimately went back to the G500.

:D  Thanks!  I actually bought a G500 when I initially ran in to problems and Logi Support was being a pain.  It is still boxed up in my office closet.  I really liked my G500 while I had it - until the cat ate through the wire.

I don't mind that Logi pushed LGS on the gaming mice - but at least make it as user friendly as SetPoint was. 

"Alright, we're pushing our new logitech gaming software out - it looks super cool!"
       "Is it intuitive?" 
"It goes live thursday!!"
       "Great.. but is it user friendly?!" 
"..and they can't user SetPoint ever again!"
       "Ugh.. nevermind.."
Crappy End Table | Brookstone Lap Desk | Old Mouse Pad | Comfy Recliner | 60" Sharp LED TV

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 09:30 PM - 12/16/13 »
So I just bought a G700S. Should I be worried haha? What buttons exactly were people have trouble mapping and has it been fixed? Sounds like the problem has been fixed.

Oh yeah and it is not possible to use the mouses max dpi setting since saving the profile to the onboard memory works when you plug it into a PC correct?
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 09:54 AM - 12/17/13 »
Maybe because some bought it before reading the thread?

But seriously though I had a Razer copper head before and besides the left and right click buttons all I used was the forward and back buttons. Didn't even utilize the scroll wheel. The Razer Nostromo has plenty of buttons on it.

I feel like people who are complaining about the G700S buttons are the people using the Sony nav which lacks buttons.
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline giuseppe

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 02:45 PM - 12/20/13 »
Hey damnstr,

The buttons that I have not customized that have been requested were DPI Up, DPI Down, Battery Level, and Switch Profile.

It was also requested to bind macros which I have not been able to do - Though admittedly, I haven't really tried.

I use DPI Up, DPI Down and Switch Profile for their out the box functions while I am XIMing since this doubles as my work mouse so I have never had any inclination to customize the buttons.  Additionally, I use this mouse wirelessly with the XIM because I don't particularly care for where they placed the microUSB port on the mouse in respect to how I sit when I play - so checking my battery level between rounds is handy.

I don't use mouse middle so I haven't tried that - because I am not coordinated enough to successfully press it during a firefight.. I would probably end up losing the fight 11/10 times if I relied on that button.  Same goes for scroll left / scroll right.

Let me know if you run in to any problems setting up your mouse!

Thanks,
-Giuseppe

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 02:57 PM - 12/20/13 »
Thanks!

That middle button isn't something I would use anyway. Like I said I only really care about left/right click and the forward and back buttons on the mouse. My Razer Nostromo has plenty of buttons for everything else. I was just looking for a high quality, comfortable reliable wireless mouse.

Offline Dave R

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 07:22 PM - 12/20/13 »
But sometimes sad.

don't be sad its just a mouse
One X
Apex
VG248QE
AD700
DSS2
G402 (metal skates)
Tartarus Chroma
Titan One
past xim 1,3,4

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
« Reply #102 on: 11:22 PM - 01/03/14 »
When you hit the edit tab for the button you want to configure you need to change it from mouse function to keystroke. Then in that top box put in whatever  number or letter you are not currently using.  From the you can bind it to whatever function you want in XIM Manager and it will recognize it.

what keystrokes did you set them to? 

Did you then edit your config on PC or directly on the XIM?

Offline DomA

• View Profile
    • Youtube
  • PSN ID: DomAll
« Reply #103 on: 08:57 AM - 10/09/14 »
G700s
Using the very poor LGS I bound;
DPI up and down to keyboard 1 and 2 respectively - i use these to switch weapon and reload
Profiles to 3 - i use this to cycle through xim4 profiles in globals
Set the top side buttons to generic - they now show as AUX1 and AUX2 and map fine
I hope this helps
PS3/PS4 2tb - XIM4 - G502 - Nav - Optoma HD141X - HD598 - Mixamp - Hauppauge HD PVR Rocket

http://www.twitch.tv/snafudom/
https://www.youtube.com/user/snafudom/