XIM Community

Shadow of Mordor?  (Read 1887 times)

Offline todd92371

• View Profile
Shadow of Mordor?
« on: 08:33 AM - 10/01/14 »
Has anyone tried one of the older game profiles that may work on this title?
I am considering buying the game and was wondering if anyone has used the Xim with it yet.

Thanks!

Offline n0skills90

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: II BrT n0skills
Re: Shadow of Mordor?
« Reply #1 on: 11:19 AM - 10/02/14 »
I've preordered the game, it's out tomorrow in the UK, not sure if it's out sooner elsewhere? Looks so good though and can't wait to play it, but looks like the sort of game that lends itself to the controller, saying that, i'd still give the config a go when there is one released but think it'd be a couple of days atleast at a guess?

Offline todd92371

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:12 PM - 10/02/14 »
It is out here in the states and it's getting rave reviews. I can't wait to play this game. I do agree with you in that it may be better suited for a controller.

Offline Ixian

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: MGIxian
  • PSN ID: Planetix
« Reply #3 on: 01:37 PM - 10/03/14 »
It's a LOT like the Batman games in how it controls (the source material, of course, is very different). I'm sure it's different for everyone but I personally like those - and Shadow of Mordor is no exception - a lot better with controllers.

I played the first Batman game on PC with a kb/m and ended up switching to a controller, one of the few PC games I've ever done that with. I'd really give it a try with the controller first.

BTW SoM is a pretty great game, not a lot of depth but it's fun.

Offline Riexn

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Riexn
  • PSN ID: Riexn
« Reply #4 on: 01:54 PM - 10/03/14 »
Yes, plays a lot like batman.

Though, on the PS4 version, the game has issues with third party USB peripherals, and you will get an error when you connect the XIM; causing the game to "Crash"

Offline richbambam360

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: UltraSSwarior
  • PSN ID: richC18
« Reply #5 on: 10:55 PM - 10/03/14 »
A ST for this game could work but its a game that works better off the straight off the bat with the official controller,I guess as it has double button presses for certain moves its just easier to do them on a pad,that being said If its a game that some people put a lot of time in if a ST is made for this game any keyboard binding settings would come naturally with practice over time
PC-

PS4-

Offline todd92371

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:19 AM - 10/06/14 »
Have been playing this game over the weekend and it's AMAZING. And yes.... it does work best with a controller.
Great game.

Admin