XIM Community

How can I turn a toggle button into a hold button?  (Read 3975 times)

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
I used to play a lot of Counter-Strike, so I'm used to holding down the Tab button to display the scoreboard. In Call of Duty however, it's a toggle button. Is it possible to change this?

If it helps at all, I use a Logitech G502, in case it has some extra features that might help me with this.
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: How can I turn a toggle button into a hold button?
« Reply #1 on: 11:09 AM - 10/01/14 »
not doable with the XIM, this needs a macro
eg your g502 could do this

maybe it helps to switch between the controller profiles, there might be a controller layout in which its a toggle feature
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline KodRaiN

• MVP
  • Code Reign
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: KodRaiN
« Reply #2 on: 09:12 AM - 10/03/14 »
are you telling me the 502 can run macros on the XIM4?  I thought Macros had to have support on whatever device they are running on. 

By the way I still have not figured out how to get past the issue of certain buttons not being recognized by the XIM, err the LGS.  is this still the case on the 4?  if so, I've heard of mapping them to keystrokes.  do those have to be keystrokes of whatever keyboard (or G13...) you're using?

Offline MarikCraven

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:35 PM - 10/03/14 »
By the way I still have not figured out how to get past the issue of certain buttons not being recognized by the XIM, err the LGS.  is this still the case on the 4?  if so, I've heard of mapping them to keystrokes.  do those have to be keystrokes of whatever keyboard (or G13...) you're using?

Still the case. It is simple. You open the LGS pick the mouse button that won't recognize choose assign keystrokes then pick whatever button you won't be using on your device (e.g. if you use keyboard then choose a button you don't use on your keyboard to play your game, and if it's a G13 or something that registers as a joystick on the XIM then you really shouldn't have to worry about what keyboard button you assign.) When you save it and plug the mouse in to the XIM4 and you press one of those buttons it will come across as that button. So if you set p as a button and you press said button regardless of what device you are using for input be it keyboard, g13, joystick, nav or etc. it will send it as p.

That was longer than I thought to explain it but hopefully it makes sense.