XIM Community

[RESOLVED] XIM4 PS4 Stops Working  (Read 8994 times)

Offline DamienM4194

• View Profile
[RESOLVED] XIM4 PS4 Stops Working
« on: 02:21 PM - 09/25/14 »
When the Destiny ST came out I started playing Destiny with my Xim4. Before that I used it for the X360 without any issues. My steps are below.

1) turn ps4 on by button with XIM4 disconnected
2) once booted, plug XIM4 in (ps4 controller, Belkin N52te, Logictech G500)
3) once the red lights are pulsing i push the ps button. This is where the issue lies. I experience 3 different things. Either it a) works and comes up "controller" and the kb/mouse work or b) it comes up "Dualshock 4" and the kb/mouse does not work or c) nothing happens.

To fix this i have to unplug the xim4 and controller over and over till it sees the controller. The XIM4 manager sees the PS4 controller all the time (the icon shows up). I have everything plugged into the recommended ports.

Once everything is working, I can play for a random variable of time. It used to work for the first week or so but now it will just stop working. My guy will just start random looking in a direction slowly and the mouse/kb will stop responding and I have to revert back to my controller in order to play. If I want to reuse the kb/mouse I have to repeat the steps above numerous times until it detects the controller. Yes the controller is charged 100%. I have tried 2 different cables, same issues. Right now it is unplayable which is rather disappointing.
« Last Edit: 05:49 AM - 09/29/14 by DamienM4194 »

Offline kixx

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: derrate
Re: [ACTIVE] XIM4 PS4 Stops Working
« Reply #1 on: 03:10 PM - 09/25/14 »
This just started happening to me too. Using a Logitech G502 mouse and a G15 keyboard.

No problems until today and its dropped several times now in the last hour.

Offline DamienM4194

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:35 PM - 09/25/14 »
i have the vibration for the controller turned off as well in case that matters.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 03:35 PM - 09/25/14 »
The first thing that comes to mind is the cable that connects your controller to your XIM4. Can you verify that that light on your PS4 isn't turned on when you press the PS button? It sounds like you are actually connecting wirelessly.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline DamienM4194

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:45 PM - 09/25/14 »
you mean the light on the ps4 controller? when it comes up as "controller" and works it does not light up. When it doesn't it blinks then lights up to a color (aka wireless connection). I can unplug the xim4 and plug it back into the ps4 while not touching the controller cable and it'll just start working then stop working again a few minutes later. Like just now, i was playing and finished a boss. Touched nothing and when i went to orbit nothing worked. Cable wasn't touched, controller wasn't touched, mouse wasn't touched. Really weird activity.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:59 PM - 09/25/14 »
What you describe sounds to me like a fault in your cable, either between the XIM and the console or between the XIM and the controller.  Do you have any other cables you could try?

Offline DamienM4194

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05:33 PM - 09/25/14 »
I tried 2 cables for the controller to xim, i might have another cable for xim to console. It's the cable that came with the XIM. I'm thinking of trying this on the xbox 360 again and see if it's ps4 only or not. if it is then it pretty much limits to the the ps4 cable and i'll have to buy more off amazon.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05:59 PM - 09/25/14 »
The cable we enclose with XIM4 is of excellent quality, but it is not impossible for a borderline cable to test fine during quality control and then get shaken a little too much during transit and cross the line into not-fine.  This has only happened twice that I know of, so I would hope it's very unlikely, but you should still test to be sure it's not the source of the issue.

Offline DamienM4194

• View Profile
Re: [RESOLVED] XIM4 PS4 Stops Working
« Reply #8 on: 05:49 AM - 09/29/14 »
I took one of my spare android chargers and used the usb cable to test. I haven't had any issues all weekend playing and there are no connectivity/pairing problems. The issue seems to be resolved. Thank you for the assistance.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
Re: [RESOLVED] XIM4 PS4 Stops Working
« Reply #9 on: 11:01 AM - 09/29/14 »
Glad you got it sorted.  :)  Have fun!

Admin