XIM Community

Please help a noob... :)  (Read 751 times)

Offline Gamewiz

• View Profile
Please help a noob... :)
« on: 01:00 PM - 11/13/09 »
Needless to say this site is a little overwhelming, and I did my best to search for all my answers, but maybe someone can just help me out here a little, as all this I'm very new to.

First off, I'm a PS3 user. I recently bought Modern Warfare 2 for the PS3, solely due to the fact that I wanted to play SpecOps with some friends who don't have gaming rigs. I'm first and foremost a PC FPS gamer, and definitely prefer a mouse and keyboard over a controller. So naturally I'd love to be able to use my Razer Lachesis mouse and Zboard gaming keyboard for MW2 if at all possible.

I stumbled upon this site (after alot of searching about different things for the PS3), and this looked like my best option. I had tried the FragFX (absolutely sucked, I was worth with that than a standard controller), and those other XFPS things or whatever looked like they still had the same problem as the FragFX, horrible deadzones and horrible response times. I couldn't stand the FragFX mostly due to the fact that the mouse was sluggish in response, and jittery as hell (yes I did everything possible to reduce jitter, but it still sucked). Maybe I'm just spoiled with my computer setup...

Anyways, so this whole XIM with the PS3/PS2 adaptor thing looked pretty cool, but I have NO idea how it works, how to get started, or what I'm supposed to do. I purchased this item off ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/XIM-FOR-PS3-KEYBOARD-MOUSE-PS2-TO-PS3-ADAPTER-RATEUP_W0QQitemZ330376267768QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Accessories?hash=item4cebf5c7f8

Is this all I need? (It's still shipping, hasn't arrived yet) According to the item it includes the XIM and the PS3/PS2 adaptor and is ready to go out of the box. But how does this work? What do I need to do to install it, and get it all set for Modern Warfare 2?

Also, how well does this work? Will it really feel as accurate as my Razer Lachesis does for my computer, but for deadzone and response time? Any help I can get will be most appreciative. Thanks for reading this. :)

Offline vietp13

• View Profile
Re: Please help a noob... :)
« Reply #1 on: 10:48 AM - 11/14/09 »
well if you buy it from maximus it is pretty much good to go-- the only thing you would do once you get it is install the driver and do some recalibration--- once thats done you're ready to play.