XIM Community

Static still in headset after Beta firmware installed.  (Read 4619 times)

Offline Jet8

• View Profile
I still receive a constant static noise in my headset when I have the XIM4 plugged into the controller. If I unplug the usb from the controller, the static goes away.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Static still in headset after Beta firmware installed.
« Reply #1 on: 06:07 PM - 09/17/14 »
Sorry to hear that. The fix was for dropped audio packets causing "robotic" sounding audio.

Do you have an amp in your setup?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Jet8

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:16 PM - 09/17/14 »
I donít have an amp, itís a y splitter for a headset and mic. I get the same sound when I plug in my phone headset. I was using my phone headset with the last build and it was working fine(just got complaints about my mic being a little static).

Offline Jet8

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:20 PM - 09/17/14 »
The phone headset is the plain normal one you get when you buy a galaxy s4 and that sounded fine with the current build (not the beta). My Y split went to my HD650s and a Modmic and I could hear lots of static if my controller was plugged into my XIM4.

I installed the beta build, and now with both my Galaxy s4 earbuds and the Y split setup I get very robotic constant static sounds.

Offline Jet8

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:26 PM - 09/17/14 »
going to roll back to the current one and use my earbuds, was hopinh with the beta build i could use my awsome setup

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #5 on: 08:00 PM - 09/17/14 »
Does it happen if you plug regular headphones into the X1 controller's stereo adapter?

Offline Jet8

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12:40 AM - 09/18/14 »
happens with any headset

Offline Jet8

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:56 AM - 09/20/14 »
If I unplug the keyboard from the xim it reduces the static noise. Same thing happens when I unplug the mouse. If just the controller is plugged in I still hear some static.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #8 on: 11:51 AM - 09/20/14 »
happens with any headset

Hmm, so, if you use the headset that came with your console, it happens too?

Offline Jet8

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08:47 PM - 09/20/14 »
happens with any headset
Oh oh, I thought you ment any headset, ill try just the communication headset that came with the xb1.

Have you been able to repeat the problem yourself?

Offline Jet8

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04:43 PM - 09/21/14 »
Ok so after hours of trouble shooting I figured it out so I thought I share my findings.
I had two different problems that was causing me static. If the Xim 4 was not plugged in, I didnít experience any of these problems no matter the setup I had. But seeing as I was wanting a setup that allowed me to use the xim4 these where the problems I had and solved. Hopefully this will save some people some time.
1st problem was a USB extension cable going from the xbox 1 to the XIM4. This wouldnít cause static, but it would distort any sound to a strange static when it was in use. This would cause static no matter what headset I plugged into my controller (PC head set, Xbox 1 chat headset or a Earbuds with a mic).
2nd problem was the Y splitter. I had my mic output split to both my PC and XBOX 1 headset adapter. I did the same thing with my Headphones by having my headphones split to a Y adapter that went to my PC and XBOX 1 headset adapter. I tried a Switcher for my headphones and mic but no matter what I did, the only configuration that worked was a DIRECT connection of my Microphone and Headset to the headset adapter.

I hope my trouble shooting and solving my own issue will help others for this situation.

Offline jimwho

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09:05 AM - 09/22/14 »
I have a  PS4 with Sony Gold wireless, no issues. I have the XBONE using XO Seven , static and distorted. When I don't have keyboard and mouse plugged into  my xim4, no static.
So I set up my xim4 without keyboard and mouse and plug in after it powers up. No static or distortion that way. Not using beta firmware.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #12 on: 09:13 AM - 09/22/14 »
I have a  PS4 with Sony Gold wireless, no issues. I have the XBONE using XO Seven , static and distorted. When I don't have keyboard and mouse plugged into  my xim4, no static.
So I set up my xim4 without keyboard and mouse and plug in after it powers up. No static or distortion that way. Not using beta firmware.

If you used the Beta firmware, this would be corrected.

Offline jimwho

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02:07 PM - 09/22/14 »
Ok