XIM Community

[RESOLVED] how do you bind a key to hold the key down?  (Read 1162 times)

Offline Kritical

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: EAZY ANG
for instance in destiny to select the heavy weapon you need to hold the right stick down to select it and I want to locate that on wheel mouse up.

also how can I select the key none again if I want to remove a binding?
« Last Edit: 12:21 PM - 09/16/14 by Aiken_Drum »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: how do you bind a key to hold the key down?
« Reply #1 on: 11:02 AM - 09/16/14 »
this wont work, wheel up usualy is just one short click when you scroll up, in order to have it sent a longer input you will need to constantry scroll up
and even then its a chain of several small wheel up inputs that are sent
therefore i dont think you can have "switch to heavy" on wheel up
with a macro on the mouse this could work though
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
Re: how do you bind a key to hold the key down?
« Reply #2 on: 12:21 PM - 09/16/14 »
Od1n is right.  This would be a very simple form of a macro, and we do not support macros on XIM4 because they are against console terms of use.  Macros can get you evicted from lobbies, suspended or banned, or worst of all from our side, possibly cause the console manufacturer to break support for our device.

There may be other ways to do what you want to do, but beware there is a risk involved in using them.  We cannot in good faith suggest you do so.  Please be careful.