XIM Community

METRO REDUX ST (is it in next update?)  (Read 7059 times)

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: METRO REDUX ST (is it in next update?)
« Reply #30 on: 03:00 AM - 09/27/14 »
Played both of them using their respective 360 ST's and now I'm playing through 2033 again for the good ending and I just kept using the Last Light ST .... both work fine for me.

I'm nearly positive you aren't missing out by using the old ST. It feels 1:1 using the LL ST for each game and each platform. Just be sure bind those pesky buttons correctly.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 08:35 AM - 09/27/14 »
Yeah .. I don't understand why others felt that the original ST's didn't work with the game ... the xbox ST's wont get much better than they already are imo.

Anyways ... just finished the second play through of 2033 and got the good ending  :)
« Last Edit: 08:41 AM - 09/27/14 by Au1d Yin »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 12:53 PM - 09/27/14 »
I'm not convinced that things weren't changed in 2033. I played through it twice, once on each console but this was a couple years ago. It seems like the games "cutscenes" are extended and are more engaging. I remember feeling a lot more disconnected from the story and feeling like a lone wolf. The new music is a nice touch too. I could be wrong about these changes though.

The look mechanic almost is identical to Last Light. For whatever reason these remastered games are using lower turn speeds. Tomb Raider, The Last of Us and now Redux all have a lower turn speed than last gen. Redux turn speed is about a third of what it used to be on last gen. :( It's a shame because it looks really great now and feels great as well. Even with the reduced turn speed I'm having a blast going through it.

I'll look into having Redux supported in Manager. I need to check to see if the buttons and actions match between games. If they do then we might add a Redux game option. If they don't, and I want to say they don't, then we will add X1/P4 options to 2033 and LL individually.

Offline prankster

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 01:34 PM - 09/27/14 »
Thanks for getting to this game and supporting it . Bless +++

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 03:31 PM - 09/27/14 »
Things are looking a little different on PS4 now that I've had a closer look. This may take some time.

Offline prankster

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 09:32 PM - 09/27/14 »
All good playa do what you got to do.

Offline damahne

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 03:57 PM - 10/03/14 »
Still waiting on ps4

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 04:08 PM - 10/03/14 »
Thank you for your patience. I'm finishing this up right now. I was only to use one trainer and needed to progress through a large portion of each game for reasons before I could even begin training. But hey, it's done now so as soon as Obsiv is available it can be added to manager.

Oh, and what to expect. It's super smooth now but the turn speed issue is still there. You may want to use a curve or a fastlook setting switch.

Offline richbambam360

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: UltraSSwarior
  • PSN ID: richC18
« Reply #38 on: 10:46 PM - 10/03/14 »
Thank you for your patience. I'm finishing this up right now. I was only to use one trainer and needed to progress through a large portion of each game for reasons before I could even begin training. But hey, it's done now so as soon as Obsiv is available it can be added to manager.

Oh, and what to expect. It's super smooth now but the turn speed issue is still there. You may want to use a curve or a fastlook setting switch.
well done Mist,Your work is very much appreciated,Cannot wait to sit down & play through this game(games)
PC-

PS4-

Offline prankster

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 08:47 AM - 10/04/14 »
Thank you mist. Cant wait to try it out. You tha man

Admin