XIM Community

/\/\/\/\/\ DESTINY - PS4 - VAULT OF GLASS RAIDING! GAMERS NEEDED. INTERESTED?  (Read 3382 times)

Brimfallow

HELLO,

My PSN (PS4) is bulletw1st.

So far, it's just me and a friend with level 26/27 Guardians.  We both qualify for the current Weekly Nightfall Strike (level 28, very hard) so our gear is sufficient for the Vault of Glass Raid available on September 16th.  We have 1000+ Defense and decent Legendary weapons.  I'm a Hunter/Bladedancer and my friend is a Titan/Defender.  The Vault of Glass Raid requires six people and forming a party composed of XIM users seems like a really good idea (something shared in common). 

We desperately wish to experience the VoG as we believe it will be a wildly good time.  With raids, MMO elements get mixed in drastically changing the typical FPS experience; --it's Diablo crossed with Borderlands, but the vaults are like mazes with puzzles and the bosses are going to be the most epic ever encountered on a console and that's really where the MMO feel comes in because you'll need six people to defeat some of the bosses that protect the best loot in the game. 

So, if you have your Guardian ranked up enough for the Vault of Glass (ie. you are able to access the Weekly Nightfall Strike without getting the message that your gear is too weak) and wish to get a party of six together with us, please message me on the PS4 (send Friend Request).  Do not worry about skill level.  It doesn't matter.  Just qualifying for the raid is enough.  Trying to do the raid will make us better as we learn what raiding in Destiny is all about. 

If you're nowhere near level 25/26/27 right now but wish to still participate later on, let me know in this thread or on the PS4 and you can leave updates with your progress as things develop.  Both my friend and I are in Canada (Southern Ontario).  So we'll only be able to game between something like 5pm-11pm (EST) during the week but can be more flexible on weekends.  Once we connect we can figure out ways of setting a time that is mutually agreeable for everyone and if the group grows well beyond six people, those who share time zones can determine their own raid events. 

If this takes off I will create a clan on Bungie's website and move things over there, of course.  I just wish to see if there's interest, here.  I would love to be able to set something up with four other players towards the middle/end of next week. 

On a personal note, I've been using the controller.  My friend uses the XIM4 and had to purchase the PS4 Camera (that has a mic) in order to get chat to work.  He comes through crystal-clear using that.  I haven't actually gone out yet and purchased that but I will.  I find the controller good enough for now but will get the gamepad/mouse working certainly once the official Destiny ST is released.  I used the XIM for a bit and found that once I switched from a 3200dpi mouse to a 8200dpi mouse I couldn't tell that I wasn't playing a computer game (mind you, the sensor in the new mouse might have just been vastly superior).  But I'm loving the XIM and will be using that very shortly.   ;D

We just want to get into the VoG.  We're desperate.  And to get in will require quite a bit of planning on the part of gamers. 

So if you are as curious about the VoG as we are please contact me ASAP.  If you are in the Eastern time zone and can dedicate a night (or two) per week to raiding the VoG that would be especially cool but constant participation isn't necessary (Note:  progress can be saved and started again later on, mind you, up until one week from the time the raid is started then it gets wiped). 

All that we really ask is that if you play with us that you are patient.  The first few attempts we won't get very far.  It will require searching for tactics on YouTube no doubt to get through most of it.  It will be a slow process and will require a lot of effort and learning. 

Please feel free to leave a comment or make enquiries (via reply).

p.s.  If you're having a tough time ranking up quickly, and wish to in order to start on the VoG (with us, hopefully) I could offer you information on the ways I've found (I've literally focused my gameplay on qualifying for the Vault of Glass by Tuesday).   ::) 

Thanks!   8)
« Last Edit: 12:54 PM - 09/15/14 by Brimfallow »

Offline jaradaj

• View Profile
I'm totally interested, however still lvl 24. Hopefully I can get my level up in the 6 hour game session I have tomorrow. The times are fine, I'm currently running a hunter (full blade dancer) with an exotic shotgun as primary (yea, go figure it takes the primary slot). I've tried pvp and didn't like it as much as pve.

PSN jaradaj

« Last Edit: 10:19 PM - 09/14/14 by jaradaj »

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
I'm level 6.  Might be a bit since I just got it this afternoon....   =)

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Brimfallow

@ jaradaj :

Awesome.  I accepted your Friend Request on the PS4.  We'll be playing a fair amount tomorrow evening, my friend and I.  This makes 3.  A very good start.  About your shotgun... are you saying that when you received it it assigned itself as a primary?   Even though it should really be a Special (middle slot)?  If so, that's an interesting glitch.  I've been reading online that you can randomly get a Bounty from the Postmaster that apparently gives you an exotic weapon like "The Last Word" or "Thorn" (a hand cannon which would be sweet) but you don't actually get the weapon to use until you complete the bounty which are like really high-level and hard to complete by yourself. 

You may be aware of this, not sure, but in order to prepare for raiding and the higher-level Strikes (like the Weekly Nightfall Strikes) you'll want to have three Primaries, three Specials and three Heavies --one for each kind of elemental damage:  Solar (orange), Arc (blue) and Void (purple); especially long-range weapons like Rocket Launchers and Sniper Rifles.  Bungie loves the "Mythic" Modifier and that puts shields on all the enemies and a lot of times you come across enemies with elemental shielding regardless.  Luke Smith, the guy who designed the raiding system in Destiny will definitely include this sort of surprise in the Vault of Glass Raid.  Lastly, you'll want to start stocking up on Heavy Ammo Packs (they're pretty expensive).  If you have enough ammo, even the hardest Strikes become pretty rudimentary for a decent Fireteam.  And likely Bungie will enable the Juggler Modifier in raids so that no ammo drops for whatever weapon you have equipped (hence, you have to carry a different weapon for a bit if you need ammo for another).

My friend and I don't have any MMO experience in terms of doing raids in other games... we're pretty much just FPS gamers so this will be an entirely new experience for us.  I'm sure that our communication skills need a little polishing.  We hope to be getting a lot of practice in Destiny.

Looking forward to meeting you, soon.   ;D

Brimfallow

@ mindworm22 :

At the rate you're going shouldn't be too long.   ;D  Not sure if you know but all the armor that you get from the Golden Chests are level 6 (from what I could tell).  My friend and I started to look for some when we were around level 20.  But the stuff is incredible if you're at level 6. 

At any rate, the rest of us will probably still be scratching at the front door of the place so don't feel too rushed. 

Offline jaradaj

• View Profile
@ jaradaj :
About your shotgun... are you saying th

I looked at it again and realized its an exotic shotgun maybe that's why its in the primary weapon slot. I've been saving all the weapons I could find with bout 250 damage or better. Ill have to invest in the ammo replenish packs.

Offline nysos3

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Nysos3
I'm definitely interested. Farming legendaries atm to gear up, currently only level 22 though.

PSN: nysos_3

Offline Shaymon

• View Profile
My friend and I would be up for some vault. Pretty much any time will work at this point. We are both level 24 and climbing. I have the ability to purchase 1, almost 2 pieces of Legendaries from my class vendor. Just holding out to see if I end up finding  a piece of gear. My luck, I buy a chest and a chest will drop. I currently found 2 legendary chests but both for the wrong class :( I also have enough coins for an exotic this weekend. I will easily be 26+ Friday.

I am a Defender and he is a blade dancer.

Our weapons are just blues at this point. No legendaries.
We both use Xims

I understand 24 is a bit on the low side so if you get highers that can go earlier this week, no hurt feelings.

My PSN is Shaymon23

We also have one more sunsinger Warlock friend but he lags a bit behind in gear due to time.

As far as play times, we are CST. We can normally play from 7EST-12:00EST on weekdays. Possibly a touch earlier.

Offline Supta

• Let my people go!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Supta
  • PSN ID: SuptaTT
I'm also interested in joining.
I have a lvl 25 almost 26 Hunter, I do pretty good in pvp if that's a plus. My other friends are still low lvl and don't play as much right now, so I'm stuck just pvping and bounties at the moment. I would like to try the raiding which I'm also very interested in :)
Shoot my an invite if you need another Hunter
My PSN is - SuptaTT
" width="410" height="110" class="bbc_img resized" style="cursor: pointer;

Offline NY Dynasty

• http://nerdreactor.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: NY Dynasty1977
how have you guys like raiding?
" border="0

Why did I leave NY?????

XIM4
G700
Sony Nav
XB1
BenQ RL2455HM
Skullcandy PLYR 1s
Modelo 12pk

Brimfallow

Wow.  Great response.  A lot of you guys sent me messages on the PS4.  I also hunted for ppl on Bungie.net .  So I've attempted the Vault of Glass raid twice thus far.  Here's what I've learned so far about it:

MAY BE SPOILERS IN THE BELOW CONTENT.  DO NOT READ IF YOU WISH TO KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE VAULT OF GLASS.

1)  need big guns that do void (purple) damage for the beginning part.  (Note:  I haven't actually made it inside, yet).

2)  when you're done getting your butt kicked and exit back to orbit you can actually resume later on all by yourself.  This was really cool because I had upgraded my weapons and armor a bit and wanted to go back and shoot at those Praetorian robots.  I now have a Legendary Rocket Launcher and a Legendary Fusion Rifle that both do void.  Surprisingly, all by myself I can hold down a Sync Platform for quite some time.  If you're able to do this, you know you're pretty much ready to go in with a team.

3)  Sync Platforms (x3) have to be held down by teams of two guardians.  Teams have to coordinate their fire power on the Praetorians when they spawn.  I suggest that Guardian A uses his grenade, then switches to the Heavy (ideally a machine gun but a rocket launcher will do and both guns MUST do void damage for this first part).  As the robot gets closer, switch to a Special.  A Fusion Rifle or shot gun that's maxed out in damage would work great.  Guardian B has to keep watch for more spawning Praetorians but must help to finish off whatever is left of Guardian A's Praetorian.  Most times, a Guardian should be able to down the robot themselves, but if caught off guard and the robot gets really close to the circle, the other Guardian must be called upon and be ready to respond. 

4)  There's 3 Sync Plates.   They have to held down for three or four minutes, consecutively.  The Praetorians once they appear immediately rush towards the circle/plate and if they enter they smash the forcefield and the timer resets.  As you hold them a spire forms in the area.  At some point the spire will fire off a beam of light at the door and that acts like the key to the vault. 

I am now level 27 with 1200 defense.  I have an excellent Special for this fight but wish I could find a Legendary machine gun that does void damage as well as an Exotic Primary, like a Hand Cannon (that would rock).  Also, save your Super for the big robot Praetorians and don't actually start the raid until your team hits the Tower and gets stocked up on Special and Heavy ammo packs.  I suggest 12-15 of each.  Do a Glimmer farming tactic to raise the funds quickly.

I find that the whole team (six people) pretty much has to be level 26+ and it's like ppl who are below that have their guns really nerfed as if being punished or something... it's all about the Legendary guns that shoot void... I had a guy who had a Legendary Sniper Rifle that did void and he just perched up top on a pillar and picked off the shields of the Praetorians all over the map.  That was pretty cool.

It will be quite something to know this raid well enough that you can run through it in your sleep -- eventually it will get that way.  Just really hard right now to find another 5 ppl that are level 26+ and also have really good Legendary (with void dmg)/Exotics.  Mind you, once inside the vault, you'll then need weapons that do Solar and Arc.  I just want inside... I know there's a chest that gives you Ascended Materials not too far inside.  I'd love just to be able to farm the first fight and keep getting to that chest!  Soon enough... a couple more weeks. 

Offline NY Dynasty

• http://nerdreactor.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: NY Dynasty1977
Wow.  Great response.  A lot of you guys sent me messages on the PS4.  I also hunted for ppl on Bungie.net .  So I've attempted the Vault of Glass raid twice thus far.  Here's what I've learned so far about it:

MAY BE SPOILERS IN THE BELOW CONTENT.  DO NOT READ IF YOU WISH TO KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE VAULT OF GLASS.

1)  need big guns that do void (purple) damage for the beginning part.  (Note:  I haven't actually made it inside, yet).

2)  when you're done getting your butt kicked and exit back to orbit you can actually resume later on all by yourself.  This was really cool because I had upgraded my weapons and armor a bit and wanted to go back and shoot at those Praetorian robots.  I now have a Legendary Rocket Launcher and a Legendary Fusion Rifle that both do void.  Surprisingly, all by myself I can hold down a Sync Platform for quite some time.  If you're able to do this, you know you're pretty much ready to go in with a team.

3)  Sync Platforms (x3) have to be held down by teams of two guardians.  Teams have to coordinate their fire power on the Praetorians when they spawn.  I suggest that Guardian A uses his grenade, then switches to the Heavy (ideally a machine gun but a rocket launcher will do and both guns MUST do void damage for this first part).  As the robot gets closer, switch to a Special.  A Fusion Rifle or shot gun that's maxed out in damage would work great.  Guardian B has to keep watch for more spawning Praetorians but must help to finish off whatever is left of Guardian A's Praetorian.  Most times, a Guardian should be able to down the robot themselves, but if caught off guard and the robot gets really close to the circle, the other Guardian must be called upon and be ready to respond. 

4)  There's 3 Sync Plates.   They have to held down for three or four minutes, consecutively.  The Praetorians once they appear immediately rush towards the circle/plate and if they enter they smash the forcefield and the timer resets.  As you hold them a spire forms in the area.  At some point the spire will fire off a beam of light at the door and that acts like the key to the vault. 

I am now level 27 with 1200 defense.  I have an excellent Special for this fight but wish I could find a Legendary machine gun that does void damage as well as an Exotic Primary, like a Hand Cannon (that would rock).  Also, save your Super for the big robot Praetorians and don't actually start the raid until your team hits the Tower and gets stocked up on Special and Heavy ammo packs.  I suggest 12-15 of each.  Do a Glimmer farming tactic to raise the funds quickly.

I find that the whole team (six people) pretty much has to be level 26+ and it's like ppl who are below that have their guns really nerfed as if being punished or something... it's all about the Legendary guns that shoot void... I had a guy who had a Legendary Sniper Rifle that did void and he just perched up top on a pillar and picked off the shields of the Praetorians all over the map.  That was pretty cool.

It will be quite something to know this raid well enough that you can run through it in your sleep -- eventually it will get that way.  Just really hard right now to find another 5 ppl that are level 26+ and also have really good Legendary (with void dmg)/Exotics.  Mind you, once inside the vault, you'll then need weapons that do Solar and Arc.  I just want inside... I know there's a chest that gives you Ascended Materials not too far inside.  I'd love just to be able to farm the first fight and keep getting to that chest!  Soon enough... a couple more weeks.
wow, sounds crazy but fun!!!  im only at lvbl 20 righty now so I know I got a ways to go.  it feels like its gonna take me a whole lot longerto get to 26 from 20 than lvl 0 to 20, lol.  Any tips to get up quicker?  I just heard do a lot of bounties, strikes and challenges.  WE havent touched the crucible yet, not my cup of tea....
" border="0

Why did I leave NY?????

XIM4
G700
Sony Nav
XB1
BenQ RL2455HM
Skullcandy PLYR 1s
Modelo 12pk

Admin