XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Bf4 - Help  (Read 7577 times)

Offline Oneirophrenia

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: oneirophrenia
Re: [ACTIVE] Bf4 - Help
« Reply #30 on: 12:15 PM - 09/13/14 »
Yes, I'm confused too. Everything as far as XIM4 looks completely in order (including the trace log).

How long do you play before you feel the sensitivity permanently jump?
1 st day it happened after 2 rounds of conquest . 2 nd day I guess after 30 mins or so .
3 rd it happened after 2 or 3 rounds . so I gave it up .
Same day I tried one more Time with new sensitivity and after sometime it goes all weird.
Yesterday I updated with beta firmware but I barely played for 15 mins that's the time I sent you the trace log

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 12:32 PM - 09/13/14 »
This might be the last question I can think of to ask.  :-\

Just to confirm: When sensitivity is wrong, does adjusting either Hip or ADS sensitivity to 500 or 0 make any difference to the behavior?  Basically, make both of the biggest changes possible, to both settings, and see if you can affect the behavior at all.

I'm asking because I'm not sure if you meant that it makes too little difference, or none at all.  If it literally makes no difference at all, but you can change the LED color successfully, then I think something must be wrong with the XIM4.  It may have a bad page of flash memory, or RAM, for instance.  I'd need OBsIV to diagnose that, but first I need to know if that's what's happening.

Offline Oneirophrenia

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 01:47 PM - 09/13/14 »
This might be the last question I can think of to ask.  :-\

Just to confirm: When sensitivity is wrong, does adjusting either Hip or ADS sensitivity to 500 or 0 make any difference to the behavior?  Basically, make both of the biggest changes possible, to both settings, and see if you can affect the behavior at all.

I'm asking because I'm not sure if you meant that it makes too little difference, or none at all.  If it literally makes no difference at all, but you can change the LED color successfully, then I think something must be wrong with the XIM4.  It may have a bad page of flash memory, or RAM, for instance.  I'd need OBsIV to diagnose that, but first I need to know if that's what's happening.
First time happened . I thought I might have the older version of bf4 st , so I followed the instruction from thread on updated bf4 st and made sure I have the new one .
I started sensitivity of 20s than reduced to all the way to 0 but once the problem start it doesn't go away .
I even check if that happened after I use vehicle so one time I didn't even get in to any vehicle but still it happened .

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 02:02 PM - 09/13/14 »
But what I mean is, when you're having this problem, do you get *different* results if you set your sensivitity in XIM4 to, let's say, 1 or 50?  Do 1 and 50 feel exactly the same?  If they feel exactly the same, try 1 and 500.

I know you said you did things like this the first time, but I want you to try these settings, specifically, and in this order, when it happens again:

1, 5, 25, 100, 250, 500

For each number, set both ADS and Hip to the same value.  Then try using the mouse.  See how it feels.  Then try the next number in the list.  If they all feel the same, that's what I want to know.

Offline Oneirophrenia

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 03:19 PM - 09/13/14 »
I did not try specific one you mentioned but I did reduce both hip and ads but it does not change the sensitivity.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #35 on: 03:56 PM - 09/13/14 »
When the issue happens, do you see the red blinking light to indicate you exceeding maximum turn speed? I assume it constantly blinks when this happens, correct?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 04:59 PM - 09/13/14 »
I did not try specific one you mentioned but I did reduce both hip and ads but it does not change the sensitivity.
Please try the specific ones I mentioned, in order, and tell me if they are all the same.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #37 on: 05:57 PM - 09/13/14 »
The only thing I can think of that would explain something like this given all we are hearing is if XIM suddenly started polling your mouse slower. But, I looked through your traces again and XIM4 never doesn't poll it at 1000Hz.

Do you have absolutely no way to try this with a different mouse (i.e. borrow one)? It would help a lot to know where to focus given that all signs we are seeing right now point to your XIM4 working without any issues.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 06:54 PM - 09/13/14 »
One or two games were fine and after that everything is extremely sensitive. I tried to reduce sensitive of HIP and ADS but its totally unplayable .
At some point I played with 0 sensitive with hip and Ads but same , i can barely aim at someone.

I was reviewing the report and saw this in your original post.  Do I understand this right?

You set Sensitivity to 0 in XIM4 Manager and it was still too sensitive?

Offline Oneirophrenia

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 05:24 AM - 09/14/14 »
The only thing I can think of that would explain something like this given all we are hearing is if XIM suddenly started polling your mouse slower. But, I looked through your traces again and XIM4 never doesn't poll it at 1000Hz.

Do you have absolutely no way to try this with a different mouse (i.e. borrow one)? It would help a lot to know where to focus given that all signs we are seeing right now point to your XIM4 working without any issues.
But my mouse is set at 1000 hz.

Offline Oneirophrenia

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 05:25 AM - 09/14/14 »
One or two games were fine and after that everything is extremely sensitive. I tried to reduce sensitive of HIP and ADS but its totally unplayable .
At some point I played with 0 sensitive with hip and Ads but same , i can barely aim at someone.

I was reviewing the report and saw this in your original post.  Do I understand this right?

You set Sensitivity to 0 in XIM4 Manager and it was still too sensitive?
Yes once it becomes too sensitive and if I take hip and ads sensitive to 0 still it doesn't change anything .

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 10:52 AM - 09/14/14 »
Yes once it becomes too sensitive and if I take hip and ads sensitive to 0 still it doesn't change anything .

Something here doesn't make sense.  :o

I know you can change your configuration, because you said the lights change color when you change that setting.  I also know that when the configuration is updated, the entire configuration is written, due to the way flash memory works.  If you can write anything, it's writing everything.  So I know, without a doubt, that when you change Sensitivity, it is getting updated on the XIM.

Thing is, the mouse motion is simply multiplied by the Sensitivity setting.  If you set Sensitivity to 0, that makes all effective mouse movements nil.  It's simple math: 0*(anything, anything) = (0, 0).  And yet you say you did that, and it's still too sensitive.  ???

Is there some reason why you're still refusing to run the test I asked you to run?
« Last Edit: 10:58 AM - 09/14/14 by Aiken_Drum »

Offline Oneirophrenia

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 10:54 AM - 09/14/14 »

Something here doesn't make sense.  :o

I know you can change your configuration, because you said the lights change color when you change that setting.  I also know that when the configuration is updated, the entire configuration is written, due to the way flash memory works.  If you can write anything, it's writing everything.  So I know when you change Sensitivity, it gets updated on the XIM.

Thing is, the mouse motion is simply multiplied by the Sensitivity setting.  If you set Sensitivity to 0, that makes all effective mouse movements nil.  It's simple math: 0*(anything, anything) = (0, 0).  And yet you say it's still too sensitive.  ???

Is there some reason why you're refusing to run the test I asked you to run?
Yes as I mentioned to OBsIV in email that I have school on weekend so I do not get time to run the test.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 10:58 AM - 09/14/14 »
The test takes less time than writing these posts, though.

Offline Oneirophrenia

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 11:08 AM - 09/14/14 »
I can write a post from a phone . I can not carry a ps4 with me to school .

Admin