XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Bf4 - Help  (Read 7584 times)

Offline Oneirophrenia

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: oneirophrenia
[ACTIVE] Bf4 - Help
« on: 08:45 AM - 09/11/14 »
 I received my XIM4 yesterday . I set up everything according to tutorial and configure ST in manager according to video on you tube, vehicle setting according to the one described in a Forum here . I spent almost 2 hours setting up everything and button lay out . After everything first game I played was fine . But after that one game everything has been acting weird , one game movement will be so slow that I can barely play at all. so today started fresh and set up new config in manager and started over , the same thing . One or two games were fine and after that everything is extremely sensitive. I tried to reduce sensitive of HIP and ADS but its totally unplayable .
At some point I played with 0 sensitive with hip and Ads but same , i can barely aim at someone.
I have only one config in the manager.
I use G502 which I have updated in Logitech Software before I used it  with XIM , as well as I only have one profile with 12000 DPI and 1000 . 
I have tried different sensitivity but still same results.
« Last Edit: 03:38 PM - 09/12/14 by OBsIV »

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
Re: Bf4 - Help
« Reply #1 on: 12:05 PM - 09/11/14 »
With that DPI and the BF4 translator, I think maybe something in the neighborhood of 10 or 12 sens in XIM4 Manager might be about right.  I'd defer to mist4fun on this, though, if he has different advice.

Offline Oneirophrenia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:31 PM - 09/11/14 »
I tried send of lower than 10 . even 1 and 0 but it doesn't help at all . first it happened.  I connected xim to pc and see if there is any update . as well as I did same with mouse . than I uninstall the xim manager completely from phone and start from scratch but it didn't resolve the issue .

Offline sharpz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:32 PM - 09/11/14 »
Have you tuned your g502 to your mat, also I was finding this but not to that extreme, I purchased a razer vespula mousepad and it runs smooth, I have my [email protected] 20 and ads 13 ,however I am still working on it

Offline sharpz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:33 PM - 09/11/14 »
Also consider installing the new xim beta

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12:36 PM - 09/11/14 »
Why are you maing your sens even lower when you said it seems too slow already?  If it's too slow, raise it.  Try 12, try 20, try 40.  See what works right for you.  Just don't go higher than you have to, because that will cause problems with "negative acceleration", or the sense that you aren't turning as much as you're moving your mouse.

Offline Oneirophrenia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:08 PM - 09/11/14 »
Yes I did tune my mate. 
@Aiken first day it got slow suddenly . so second day I started set up all over . so initially it worked fine than it got extremely sensitive without any change that's why I decreased the hip and ads sens.

Offline sharpz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01:19 PM - 09/11/14 »
That's weird , I set mine to just 12000 and 1000 like you and it's ok... Hope you figure this out

Offline Oneirophrenia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01:27 PM - 09/11/14 »
I am giving it one more try today .

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02:28 PM - 09/11/14 »
Are you sure you're not hitting your mouse's DPI adjustment buttons?  That would 100% explain your symptoms.

Offline Oneirophrenia

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02:31 PM - 09/11/14 »
Are you sure you're not hitting your mouse's DPI adjustment buttons?  That would 100% explain your symptoms.
No actually to avoid that issue when DPI get changed accidentally. I only kept one profile with one DPI setting .
I give it a shot with more set up . played few games on operation metro than when I quit the game and change the server . same thing . it got so sensitive that I can't control it . I reduce DPI but it didn't seem it had any effect on the sensitivity of mouse

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: [ACTIVE] Bf4 - Help
« Reply #11 on: 03:55 PM - 09/12/14 »

I was thinking the same thing when I first read this.

It would help considerably if we could remove the possibility of it being a mouse issue (i.e. trying a different mouse).
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05:03 PM - 09/12/14 »
I have a thought...

By default, the Logitech mice do not save their profiles to the mouse's on-board memory.  By default, the profile loading/switching is handled by Logitech's Windows driver, not the mouse.  However, there is no Windows driver with XIM4.  So people have to remember to tell Logitech's software to save to the mouse's on-board memory.

If this hasn't been done, then your mouse's on-board memory would still have the default profiles it was programmed with at the factory.  Logitech puts a few simple profiles on the mouse so that it can be used without a driver.  So you might get profiles you are not expecting.  You might get several.  And that means you could be switching between them, even though you thought there was only one.

Does this make sense?

Short version: Try telling Logitech's software to save to on-board memory.

Offline Oneirophrenia

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07:19 PM - 09/12/14 »
I have a thought...

By default, the Logitech mice do not save their profiles to the mouse's on-board memory.  By default, the profile loading/switching is handled by Logitech's Windows driver, not the mouse.  However, there is no Windows driver with XIM4.  So people have to remember to tell Logitech's software to save to the mouse's on-board memory.

If this hasn't been done, then your mouse's on-board memory would still have the default profiles it was programmed with at the factory.  Logitech puts a few simple profiles on the mouse so that it can be used without a driver.  So you might get profiles you are not expecting.  You might get several.  And that means you could be switching between them, even though you thought there was only one.

Does this make sense?

Short version: Try telling Logitech's software to save to on-board memory.
I know there are two way you can set up profile 1. On board memory 2. Game mode .
When i set the DPI , I set it up on board memory . I check the video from Logitech regarding setting up the DPI and stuff. I do not have any other mouse to check it with as I have not owned a desktop PC in years. 

Offline Oneirophrenia

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07:25 PM - 09/12/14 »

On board profile and auto game detection mode.
I have set up everything on on board memory .

Admin