XIM Community

CoD:AW Update Thread  (Read 365653 times)

Offline Gurnaldo

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: CoD:AW Update Thread
« Reply #1500 on: 08:37 AM - 02/17/15 »
I enjoy it as soon as i decide not to care how well i am doing.  Ive pld more SnD/SnR in this than any other CoD mainly due to DOM being garbage but you can still find something to mix the game up when u get bored.

Offline sikpup

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • ReesSpecht Life
  • Gamertag: Sikpup
  • PSN ID: sik-pup
« Reply #1501 on: 01:15 PM - 02/17/15 »
have you tried capture the flag?  I switched to CTF from Dom and found I love it. 
Science without experimentation is a vain and unprofitable pursuit

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #1502 on: 01:26 PM - 02/18/15 »
What app can i use to locate the Host on console?

I dont want it for DDoS or any other form of cheating just want to know out of curiosity

Can download Cain & Able, it's a network utility that you can use to see where the traffic is going. J

Offline Gurnaldo

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: 02:50 PM - 02/18/15 »
Il take a look cheers.

Ok so i tried it for 5 games and found that 4 out of 5 were Dedicated servers (1 x UK, 1 x French, 1 x German and 1 x Dutch).

Im based in the UK and my experience was the worst on the French one but still interesting to see.
« Last Edit: 09:08 AM - 02/20/15 by Gurnaldo »

Offline Amuro

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: 07:52 AM - 02/21/15 »
AW is so dead on PC, only 1209 in-game even with a 33% off sale.  Meanwhile, Space Engineer, a low budget indie game, has 17,006 player in-game.

Offline Oxxy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: 12:04 PM - 02/21/15 »
AW is so dead on PC, only 1209 in-game even with a 33% off sale.  Meanwhile, Space Engineer, a low budget indie game, has 17,006 player in-game.

Cause all fps players on pc are either playing cs or battlefield.

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: 01:45 PM - 02/21/15 »
Any word on them adding TDM back to the classic playlist? Without it I feel no need to play. I almost feel like picking up Ghosts used for XB1. Had this Exo crap.
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline kyle03

• View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: 05:17 PM - 02/21/15 »
Any word on them adding TDM back to the classic playlist? Without it I feel no need to play. I almost feel like picking up Ghosts used for XB1. Had this Exo crap.

Sounds like your're just no good so you blame it on the EXO suits.

I rarely ever see players just bunny hoping around, if they EXO dodge the auto aim does 95% of the work
« Last Edit: 06:41 PM - 02/21/15 by kyle03 »

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
« Reply #1508 on: 05:49 PM - 02/21/15 »
Wait... Ppl still play this game? Im guessing mostly prepubescents with the exception of shantz...  :-*
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: 10:32 PM - 02/21/15 »

Sounds like your're just no good so you blame it on the EXO suits.

I rarely ever see players just bunny hoping around, if they EXO dodge the auto aim does 95% of the work
Haha that's funny. I average 2-3 kd even in the Exo playlists. It's just annoying to see people jumping around. I like classic cod not this Titan Fall BS.
XIM APEX | Xbox One X | LG 27UK600-W 27" IPS LED 4K | Logitech G Pro | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | DT 990 Premium | ModMic 4 | Logitech Z-5500's

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: 11:01 PM - 02/21/15 »
I have a dedi server in the vicinity and I connect to it with 25ms and I have horrible games. Don't really get it.
Crusade atm: none

Offline shantzonpoint

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BRATSandBEER
  • PSN ID: BRATSandBEER
« Reply #1511 on: 11:53 AM - 02/22/15 »
Wait... Ppl still play this game? Im guessing mostly prepubescents with the exception of shantz...  :-*

LOL!!!!  Thanks for thinking of me.  I got a chuckle out of that. 

I can totally understand why people who are competitive don't like this game at all.  It has a multitude of problems that make this game about impossible to have consistently good rounds. 

First and foremost is the netcode.  I thought for the longest time connections were the issue because of the SBMM but since I got the Netduma, I don't believe this is the case anymore.  I really don't know if the netcode is any worse than any previous CoD to tell you the truth.  The problem is the speed of AW is immensely faster than any previous titles and the horrible netcode that cod uses really stands out in AW. 

I really don't care about my stats so I take the game as it is.  I really enjoy the speed of the game and the exo movements.  I still get frustrated when I'm behind everybody and getting insta-melted.  I hope to god they learn a lesson and realize that trying to use p2p with a variable netcode just won't work in a game with this kind of speed.  I highly doubt this will ever happen though. They need to go with standard netcode and dedicated servers solely like BF4 or Titanfall if future exo games are going to play decent at all. 
Xim3 - Xim Edge - Xim4 - Xim Apex
Xbox One - PS4 - PC
Netgear XR500 (Netduma)
BenQ 27" 1440p 240hz Monitor
AKG K702's - Soundblaster AE-7 - HyperX Quadcast
Razer Orbweaver
Logitech G604

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: 01:40 PM - 02/22/15 »
BF4 is starting to have its issues too. I don't know how it's related but right after the latest firmware drop for PS4 the netcode has the exact same issues that COD AW has had for most of it's life span (1.07 TU excluded). Half the initial bullets don't register and everyone you engage is already ADSing and firing at you as soon as you see them.

On the BF forums they blame it on OOR (I'm guessing out of region) players. People who intentionally play on a server they ping at more than 150ms to. This seems to be the case as I was doing way better on European servers with network smoothing turned all the way up. Whereas a local 30ms server is impossible to play on.

I just hope this issue doesn't spill over to BF Hardline as the netcode there was really good in the last beta.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
« Reply #1513 on: 01:44 PM - 02/22/15 »
Yea phil its oor players i also went into european servers and the game ran pretty smooth for me at one point. On the east coast tons of south americans are in those servers... Though if you notice they dont have any servers set up in south america so cant really blame them.

Its a major pita though.
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: 01:34 AM - 02/23/15 »
I think there's so much pent up demand for classic cod + WW2, that if Black Ops 3 has both, it's going to be a huge hit. Since the BLOPS series isn't tied to a specific timeline I don't see any reason why it can't have a mix of both WW2 and modern stages. I think that game is going to be HUGE, haters be damned. I love the blops series so much.
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts