XIM Community

CoD:AW Update Thread  (Read 365648 times)

Offline Dale

• MVP
  • What would the great lion do?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DaleisGOD
Re: CoD:AW Update Thread
« Reply #1080 on: 09:19 AM - 12/04/14 »
colb's pew pew gun got a buff as well.

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: 09:25 AM - 12/04/14 »
played like 10 ffa matches, won all but 1, where the connection was insanely terrible.

from an objective oppinion- BAL doesnt feel nerfed to me AT ALL. Fells like 10% worse to me, but with a grip there is absolutely ZERO difference. You still got everyone running BAL with grip/quickdraw/extended mags all day every day.

Im not hating this game, its just a clusterf**** COD and was designed with that in mind. And I take it for what it is. But after a 530 MB patch, I notice no difference at all to what it was before. The connection stayed pretty much the same, except sometimes when you shoot ppl, there is no OPTICAL hitmarker indication and thus no hitmarker sound. Like you shoot someone who boosts in the air and dashes forward, you kill him- but you see no hitmarker for the last 2 hits that you gave him.

Overall the connection istn worse or better, it stayed the same. Its still a hit or miss. I consider my stats pretty OKish. I never dodge a game in FFA, and often play vs top 50 FFA players on PS4. SPM is 403, win/loss 7.5, KD 2.1- and that without a team, just me running around in ffa, destroying sweaty nolifers.

And after 530 MB of changes, honestly I notice no difference to how the game played before the patch. And that is a problem, because BO2 happened to be the same. They released patches and a ton of patchnotes, yet the game allways played in the same way, with the terrible connection most of the time and other annoying stuff.

To be honest- I want COD to be good, so I can play it alot again, like I used to in MW3 and BO1 and older ones. But it just seems like they dont have the knowledge and skills to patch out all the ridiculous stuff. The only hope is the next COD, usually.

You still dont hear ppl's footsteps or them jumping around behind you, you only hear ppl boosting, which is just not enough. You still get killed from behind like a trillion times. There is still the audio skipping bug when you fire the FAL and get hitmarkers with it- theres sound skipping. The connection still didnt change, its a hit or miss.

Overall its not fun to play. For me at least. And Im a COD vet and enjoyed many of the older ones. SBMM doesnt even matter to me at this point. It seems like they either toned it down or removed it completely, so its not the issue. Its the connection, the game design, the broken spawns still (at least in FFA) and other BS.

I wish the patch did improve many things, but so far it doesnt seem like it did. Sorry for ppl who looked forward to it. I played about 10-11 FFA games, won 9 or 10 of them. Weekly KD is 2.05- which all the stats can be considered OKish in this game or even solid. Yet after 10-11 games I dont have any motivation to keep playing. The 1-2 rounds I lost, I was like a second behind, shot ppl first- they still dropped me.

The game might be entertaining to watch pros play, because of the ammount of action. BUt similar to others, I dont get much of enjoyment of actually playing it. None of the COD vets I know still play and enjoy this game and it got nothing to do with oldschool etc. They just want a fun COD, where you dont get killed from behind every 20 seconds, where the connection is as good as MW2 or MW3 starting with the december patch. Where killstreaks arent useless. Where you can hear footsteps. Etc.
« Last Edit: 09:32 AM - 12/04/14 by Santigold »

Offline Dale

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: 09:39 AM - 12/04/14 »
A lot of people on reddit are saying the opposite (on the BAL nerf / gun bufs).. they're saying that its pretty intense.

I also love the footsteps in this game. Its literally the best sound whoring game of any of the cods. (you cant disable footsteps cause there's no sound perks)

I think if I were playing solo ffa I would feel the same way. I think Yeesh is starting a euro PS4 team, you should give it a try.

Pubs are designed for casuals, whereas competitive is designed for people who take the game more seriously. I think that's why your getting frustrated.

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: 09:44 AM - 12/04/14 »
More recoil on the Bal, also the armoury has a new list view.
I don't think the recoil is enough the BAL is still a lazer beam weapon.

Can't really comment on connection as only played a few round of search. It felt OK to me as it has this past couple of weeks.

In every console COD I always find it hard to get back into cover while being shot, a.k.a bullets that seem to follow you around corners.

In one instance today I managed to jump to cover.
While.its subjective because they guy could have just had really bad aim, I have to say this is the first time in AW *classic mode* that I was able to get to cover with out dying.

As I said though that was just one instance.

@Dale / Santi anyone is welcome to join the team, its not a serious thing, just an attempt to enjoy the game more. I know Santi has mentioned just wanting to play COD as a means of casual relaxation. *running and gunning* but if he wants or anyome else for that matter there are places for as many people that would want to join.

See here: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=38128.msg480200#msg480200
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: 09:47 AM - 12/04/14 »
I've only put in about 20 hours so far, don't really have a desire to play it, but it's a hell of a lot better than bo2 / ghosts.
Dirty Tony De La Nomadz M.C.

cs:go

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: 09:51 AM - 12/04/14 »
If all you play is ranked mode, GB and overall competitive- you can hardly talk about the issues.

Most of the problems are actually good for competitive, like the fact that everyone gets a free Ninja/Dead Silence perk.

I dont rely on soundwhoring exclusively and I would be ok if it actually required ppl to use a perk like Dead Silence to be completely silent, without beeing able to counter it- but everyone getting a free Dead Silence perk just doesnt make no sense.

Ppl on Reddit: well if youve been around on reddit for a couple of years now, you should know that most reddit users are like 90% semi-casual 12-14 years old social degenerates.

Whereas I as a COD vet- I assure you the BAL change is really minimal, I hardly even notice it. The Tmartn video Ive watched, that showed the nerf on the 360- its nowhere even close to that on the PS4. Now- its possible that the devs didnt nerf it on PS4 as they wanted to, but as of right now at this moment- theres hardly a change to BAL on ps4 post patch.

Also I want to enjoy the COD without beeing in a competitive team, as it used to be fun to play back in BO1 and MW3 and older ones. We had that once and I dont see why we shouldnt have it again. MW3 also had MLG/GB and it also was fun in pubs at the same time. Probably the best COD so far hands down. It didnt have ranked play but in terms of perks and weapons balance it was one of the best ever.

Offline Dale

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: 10:00 AM - 12/04/14 »
If all you play is ranked mode, GB and overall competitive- you can hardly talk about the issues. Most of the problems are actually good for competitive

I agree with this.

Also I want to enjoy the COD without beeing in a competitive team, as it used to be fun to play back in BO1 and MW3 and older ones. We had that once and I dont see why we shouldnt have it again. MW3 also had MLG/GB and it also was fun in pubs at the same time. Probably the best COD so far hands down. It didnt have ranked play but in terms of perks and weapons balance it was one of the best ever.

I think you need to rethink this. COD has been increasingly designed to be played by casuals (more and more every release). They design the game so that anybody can pick up a controller and maintain a 1KD. Why? Cause its good business. Mass Appeal. You cant blame them for this.

So, how do COD Vets get around this? They play competitive, or ranked where casual items are removed and randomness is minimized.

I think your getting frustrated because your still trying to fit a circular peg into a square hole.

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: 10:04 AM - 12/04/14 »
You have to understand, I'm not really someone who looks at GB and thinks its the be all and end all of COD.

There is a lot of things in GB that I out right disagree with.
But the ladders are populated, and there is no shortage teams to play against. I just generally enjoy playing with other players who like to call out and give a good sense of what's going on in game. For me trying to play casual on this game in particular can be frustrating.

I usually ATM only play classic search, I haven't played ranked or GB on AW as yet, and I agree the BAL is still OP. The recoil is no where near the amount that you see on the video posted here last week. Its the same pattern but the recoil is slowed down until the last 3 bullets then the gun jumps up! I'm predicting more random headshots as a side effect.

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: 10:21 AM - 12/04/14 »
I just streamed the new BAL changes for the sake of it:

http://www.twitch.tv/sawyerhd/b/595613270

actual shooting starts around minute 2:00

The recoil is increased, but very slightly. And even then- it is sort of very inconsistent. SOmetimes you will have almost no recoil even if you spray all 32 bullets as seen in the video.

The recoil actually starts going up after you have sprayed 16-20 bullets without a break. And even then its very minimal.

Also as seen in the video- just as I wrote before- when using the Grip on the BAL, the recoil doesnt even matter at all, its still neglegible just as it was before when used with a Grip.

I guess it is their first attempt and it is going in the right direction, however it should be nerfed way more. I ran BAL + Grip+ Quickdraw + Extended MAgs before and it was insane, and the same combination right now is still insane, a little less, but still the best weapon hands down.

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: 10:25 AM - 12/04/14 »
Agreed.

Offline Oxxy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: 10:30 AM - 12/04/14 »
They nerfed the range too I think. But yeah it definitely needs more recoil or something else idk.

In terms of gun balance I hate the foregrip.
Some guns should have a trade off by having high recoil. Foregrip just ruins that balance.

That's just how cod is though I guess.

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: 11:02 AM - 12/04/14 »
So heres my AW stats, 95% of it is FFA:

Those are no uber beast, 1337 hax0r stats. But they also show Im not struggling in this game. Stats are OKish and solid for what it is. Yet I dont get much motivation playing this game. Got to prestige 4 and I believe its higher than I got in Ghosts, even though Ghosts prestiges take a little longer to complete.

Yet my point is- if we at least could hear footsteps and the spawns were more balanced and the connection was as good as Ghosts on PS4, which uses dedicated servers, I would enjoy AW way more. But as of right now I dont get much motivation to play it. Back in MW3 I wouldnt play anything else, because of how much fun it was. I was max prestige before end of december in MW3. Also Im fine when ppl use a perk like Ninja in MW2 and were completely silent, which also couldnt be countered. But everyone getting a free Dead Silence/Ninja perk is a little too much.

Offline shantzonpoint

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BRATSandBEER
  • PSN ID: BRATSandBEER
« Reply #1092 on: 11:07 AM - 12/04/14 »
Are the spawns any better? For the love of god please tell me yes..........
Xim3 - Xim Edge - Xim4 - Xim Apex
Xbox One - PS4 - PC
Netgear XR500 (Netduma)
BenQ 27" 1440p 240hz Monitor
AKG K702's - Soundblaster AE-7 - HyperX Quadcast
Razer Orbweaver
Logitech G604

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: 11:11 AM - 12/04/14 »
I only played FFA and the spawns in FFA were hands down the worst. Many times I spawned and punched a guy in the back, who just spawned in front of me.

So with the recent patch I did notice a little improvement, but its not completely solved yet. It did get better from the looks of it, so I will give them credit for that. However we're not quite there yet. I did have a couple of moments where I killed a guy, and someone else spawned like 10 feet away and instantly shot me.

However it did get better. Depending on the mode you play, it might work way better than it did pre-patch.
« Last Edit: 11:21 AM - 12/04/14 by Santigold »

Offline Dale

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: 11:30 AM - 12/04/14 »
holy crap. that's a lot of time played.

Admin