XIM Community

CoD:AW Update Thread  (Read 358894 times)

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Spidey
Re: CoD:AW Update Thread
« Reply #60 on: 12:00 PM - 10/02/14 »
In fact, the TTK in Ghosts is similar to that in MW2. Or Id even say that MW2 has faster TTK on a really good host or when you host a game on your xbox.

~~~~~

The main reason I quit GHosts on 360 was because of the abysmal connection, huge maps that were designed in a retarded way etc.

MY K/D in ghosts was far higher than BO2. I like the huge maps, not for their camping spots but because I dominated at greater than 40 yards from my target. I always tried to put myself in a position with a marksmen rifle (Man I love the marksmen rifle class of guns) at a far enough distance that the guys with controllers struggled to aim at. 2 to 3 taps with a fast marksmen rifle and they went down so easily.

I felt like Blops2 guns were lacking good assault rifles and was forced to use a light sniper weapon to get the effect that was achieved so easily in ghosts. I really like the short scopes and I absolutely hate ACOG in the COD games. Because pistol shots are a mouse click and not a Right Trigger pull, any hand gun is virtually machine pistol and great for close range.

Just my personal opinion. With TTK so high in all COD and BF games (go back and try CS:GO) to make up for the fact that Console players are lucky to hit their targets 2-5 times in a full clip,  I would think more XIMMERS would be taking advantage of the increased precision at the farthest ranges possible.

I would think that TTK being lower would make more sense to make up for bad aim of console than making TTK higher.  That's contradictory.

Offline GestapoSpank

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: GestapoSpank
« Reply #61 on: 12:15 PM - 10/02/14 »
I would think that TTK being lower would make more sense to make up for bad aim of console than making TTK higher.  That's contradictory.

I believe lower time to kill means faster deaths, less bullets. Higher Time to Kill means targets take longer to kill or require more precision shots.

Quote from: GestapoSpank

With TTK so high in all COD and BF games (go back and try CS:GO)

That should of said "TTK so low".

If you have played CS:GO on XBOX or PS3 you'll see console players reloading mid 1v1 fight because they can't hit @#$%. Even for headshots, some guns require at least two solid shots above the chest.

At one point in playing COD:BO2 I was tempted to get a hdmi capture card just make a montage of "leg kills". All my kill cams where the player was clearly shooting no higher than my knees and I would die like I had a 50 cal rip through my chest.

Offline nataku_0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 12:50 PM - 10/02/14 »
well CS is a different game really.... no real ADS on most guns, your accuracy is nonexistent when you're moving and shooting...suffice to say, despite playing it in the past, I hate it now.

Offline shantzonpoint

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BRATSandBEER
  • PSN ID: BRATSandBEER
« Reply #63 on: 05:02 PM - 10/02/14 »
Pretty much this unfortunately. F1st broke down some of the perks and explained why casual campers will still benefit from some of the perks/utiliites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDqjO0acXTM 

No disrespect but that was the ignorant review I've ever seen. F1st sounded like nothing more than a paranoid gamer.  Listening to him stumble for simple words and whine was driving me crazy.   

He went perk by perk and tried to explain how every single one of them is designed to help campers only (as if they could  every one all the time).  Then he gets to the blast suppressor perk and says it's useless once your battery runs out..........umm no.  He doesn't know what he's talking about.

Now some of the perks are definitely going to help less skilled players that I'm going to hate. But there are perks and abilities that should help good players overcome them.  Camping a doorway shouldn't be as easy as previous cod's.  The doublejump/side jump alone is going to make it very difficult for a noob to get a good aim and kill before a really good player locks onto them while flying through the air.  I really hope there is a slower TTK to help overcome camping as well.  From what I could tell, that isn't the case though.

Until we play the game it's hard for anybody to come to a conclusion but it's fun to talk about.

Xim3 - Xim Edge - Xim4 - Xim Apex
Xbox One - PS4 - PC
Netgear XR500 (Netduma)
BenQ 27" 1440p 240hz Monitor
AKG K702's - Soundblaster AE-7 - HyperX Quadcast
Razer Orbweaver
Logitech G604

Offline Ding Chavez

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DcIhNaGv3z
« Reply #64 on: 04:17 PM - 10/03/14 »
I kind of hope there is a persistent Oracle-like-system in the next game, which is always locking in on your position, so if you remain in the same general area for too long, you get wire-framed.  It would completely rid the game of hard core camping, but still provide some flexibility for momentarily holding in a position.  But... just wishful thinking. 

Offline Drow Elf Drizzt

• MVP
  • It's Like Nerdvana
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Drow Elf Drizzt
CoD:AW Update Thread
« Reply #65 on: 10:50 PM - 10/03/14 »
I've played every CoD and have seen the slow decline in the series. It started slow, peaked at CoD 4. Then has just been slowly but surely killing itself off. I don't think this game looks anything more than Blops 2 2.0 with jet packs. I know everyone is like me and always thinks that "the next game will save the series". But honestly without a complete overhaul, new engine, improved NETCODE (Roach and I were talking about the NETCODE and we've came to the conclusion they just don't know how to fix it as the originators of the game are at Respawn), fixing the op weapons and kill streaks. Think back to when everyone was on level playing fields with the kill streaks 3,5,7 and the most op gun was the M-16. Yea it sucked running into a guy with it but @#$% look at the crap we have now....in AW THERE IS A LAUNCHER THAT LOCKS ON TO PEOPLE!!!!! They said screw noob tubes and honestly put this bull @#$% in the game...smh. I dont think there's anything at all to be excited about. You're still gonna get corner killed even with the jet pack further infuriating you, there's way to Many op weapons and TTK still looks to fast. It's gonna be a @#$% fest. Calling it now. /rant

Offline shantzonpoint

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BRATSandBEER
  • PSN ID: BRATSandBEER
« Reply #66 on: 05:37 AM - 10/05/14 »
Though there is a lot of merit to what you're saying, I just can't imagine the series getting any lower than ghosts......lol. Perhaps the pendulum will start swinging back the other way. ;-)

You're absolutely right that cod fans are "hoping" the series will get back to what it once was. There really isn't anything that proves it will to be honest. The maps definitely sound better in AW than what ghosts had. They was one of the main complaints of that game. The quick TTK was the other and even with people in the streams telling me it's closer to BO2, my eyes saw it closer to ghosts.
Xim3 - Xim Edge - Xim4 - Xim Apex
Xbox One - PS4 - PC
Netgear XR500 (Netduma)
BenQ 27" 1440p 240hz Monitor
AKG K702's - Soundblaster AE-7 - HyperX Quadcast
Razer Orbweaver
Logitech G604

Offline Drow Elf Drizzt

• MVP
  • It's Like Nerdvana
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Drow Elf Drizzt
« Reply #67 on: 07:33 PM - 10/05/14 »
Well you also have to look at the "streams". They were all done in a controlled environment IE a LAN. Until a game is played on public servers, I've learned to never trust what you see as far as hit detection and TTK. It's hogwash until we see live public gameplay. And by then it's to late because most of the community will have bought the game, because to see public gameplay the game has to be released.

Offline mikael

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 08:33 PM - 10/05/14 »
i cant believe how little skill games now days require.it takes the fun out of

Offline Dale

• MVP
  • What would the great lion do?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DaleisGOD
« Reply #69 on: 09:05 AM - 10/06/14 »
I've played every CoD and have seen the slow decline in the series. It started slow, peaked at CoD 4. Then has just been slowly but surely killing itself off. I don't think this game looks anything more than Blops 2 2.0 with jet packs. I know everyone is like me and always thinks that "the next game will save the series". But honestly without a complete overhaul, new engine, improved NETCODE (Roach and I were talking about the NETCODE and we've came to the conclusion they just don't know how to fix it as the originators of the game are at Respawn), fixing the op weapons and kill streaks. Think back to when everyone was on level playing fields with the kill streaks 3,5,7 and the most op gun was the M-16. Yea it sucked running into a guy with it but @#$% look at the crap we have now....in AW THERE IS A LAUNCHER THAT LOCKS ON TO PEOPLE!!!!! They said screw noob tubes and honestly put this bull @#$% in the game...smh. I dont think there's anything at all to be excited about. You're still gonna get corner killed even with the jet pack further infuriating you, there's way to Many op weapons and TTK still looks to fast. It's gonna be a @#$% fest. Calling it now. /rant

IMO, Your mistaking opinion with fact here. The facts are, COD has been growing in pretty much every metric (competitive / sales / overall players / etc) UNTIL the most recent release Ghosts. Not so much a "steady decline".. more like a ramp off a cliff..

If AW turns out to be a better looking Blackops2 with jetpacks... that wont be so bad.

Offline Winnnie

• MVP
  • The 'Pished' Brit
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 10:42 AM - 10/06/14 »
Tbf, I would say that facts are here:
http://www.statisticbrain.com/call-of-duty-franchise-game-sales-statistics/

Cod is like the economy- boom then bust. Ghosts wasn't a sales flop more of a buy and don't play flop.
COME ON AW!!
UK TEAM XIM STREAMER.

Live on Mon//Weds//Fri//Sun
Winnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnie

Offline Dale

• MVP
  • What would the great lion do?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DaleisGOD
« Reply #71 on: 10:48 AM - 10/06/14 »
According to your site, Ghosts only sold 14.5m copies, which is 10 million less than BO2. That's a pretty big drop off.

All releases >2009 were all over 21m copies sold.. cept ghosts. BO2 had the 2nd most copies sold.

All this in stark contrast to the statement that COD4 was COD's peak (in 2007 with 13.5m)

Offline Winnnie

• MVP
  • The 'Pished' Brit
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 10:56 AM - 10/06/14 »
Oh for sure, but heck that's shed loads of copies!
MW3 - WaW now that's a big drop off, but WaW was pretty ace! Lol

Not looking to fight lads.
All on the same XIM team here, just its a different perspective to take, that many sales but such low lobby numbers, clearly the brand sells.
UK TEAM XIM STREAMER.

Winnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnie

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Spidey
« Reply #73 on: 10:57 AM - 10/06/14 »
I think when people talk about CoD peaking, they mean quality wise.  I don't think there are many people that would argue that CoD4 wasn't the absolute best game in the series, regardless of sales numbers.

Offline Winnnie

• MVP
  • The 'Pished' Brit
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 10:57 AM - 10/06/14 »
Yeah. The 'peak' deffo wasn't cod 4 in sales, but shire fun... Oh for sure!!
UK TEAM XIM STREAMER.

Winnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnie