XIM Community

Destiny Sprint Switch  (Read 72210 times)

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Destiny Sprint Switch
« on: 11:01 PM - 09/08/14 »
Here is a config that will allow you to look faster while holding your sprint button. Releasing the button or using ADS will return you to Hip or ADS.

First open your config and swipe two pages to the right to the first blank page. Give it a name. I named it Sprint Switch with the intention to use this faster turning while sprinting. Set the activation key to match your sprint key. Do not check toggle. I like to use a higher sensitivity and a ballistic curve as seen below. Boost is also a possibility but not used here.

Sprint key must match Sprint Switch activation key.

Activation key must match Sprint key.

Updated code to use RML's curve. Thanks RML.

Copy the code below and paste it into your Sprint Switch setting by going to Mouse->Advanced and clicking the down arrow button on the left of the ballistics graph.

Code: [Select]
>>> XIM4 [Mouse Ballistics] START PASTE >>>
X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANQAwADYAMAA2AA0aJzRBTlxreoyescjIyMjIyMjI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

You're done. Now you will be able to turn faster while sprinting. Adjust the Sprint Switch setting sensitivity or curve as needed. Note that if you ever change your sprint key you will also need to change Sprint Switch activation key to match it.
« Last Edit: 10:29 AM - 08/31/16 by mist4fun »
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Zacharybinx34

• MVP
  • Karma [>] 9,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Destiny Sprint Switch
« Reply #1 on: 11:20 AM - 09/09/14 »
What about having this activate only while holding your Sprint button?
I am Spartacus!

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:21 AM - 09/09/14 »
Sure you can set it to hold instead of toggle.

Offline Zacharybinx34

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:24 AM - 09/09/14 »
Sure you can set it to hold instead of toggle.

Sorry, I guess I was pretty vague.

Wouldn't a config like this work better set to hold instead of toggle.

Would also be nice to be able to make a toggle key for when we are using the vehicles. Looks like it's one or the other though.
I am Spartacus!

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:26 AM - 09/09/14 »
That's up to the users preference, you can choose toggle or hold. Yes you can use this same idea for a sparrow switch.

Offline wdmyers

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02:55 PM - 09/09/14 »
Thanks for the tutorial.  Is there any way to configure the "Fastlook" config on the fly in wired mode (don't have bluetooth connectivity). 

Offline KO Poopstain

• GT: FinchBBQLLC
    • View Profile
    • Ewix
  • Gamertag: GreybeardBBQ
  • PSN ID: Stain21
« Reply #6 on: 03:17 PM - 09/09/14 »
When you say you setting the config activation key to F2 what does that mean exactly? I would need to press F2 in order for it to "switch" to Fastlook or Hip2 or are they the same? Sorry, but i'm having a hard time wrapping my head around how these switches work. I've been with xim2, xim3 and just got xim4 yesterday in the mail. I know the switch feature was on the xim3, but i never used it and refused to get into vehicles because of it so i kinda wana be able to start using vehicles.

So under fastlook you now have an "activation key" "M back" what does that mean and how does it work?
Because on Hip 2 the activation key is Space. So do i press F2 then Back then space? Im just confused to what the actual sequence of events that's happening. I could set it all up like you show and play, but id rather understand how is works and whats actually happening within the xim.
If you dont mind mist, could you kinda just explain what is happening and what the sequence of button pushes would look like going from walking to running using the set up. Thanks and sorry for not understanding clearly. Kinda overwhelmed getting everything set up and trying to run and taking everything in that i need to in order to play.
« Last Edit: 11:21 AM - 09/10/14 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:37 PM - 09/09/14 »
F2 is the config activation key. If you have multiple configs (games) on your device then you will need to press their activation key to bring up that config. I covered this only to show that the config activation key was separate to the setting activation keys.

When you press mouse back it activates that setting page. That setting page has a higher sensitivity and a ballistic curve to add acceleration. In short it activates fastlook.

You don't press F2 at all, again F2 is separate. Bind Your fastlook setting and your sprint key to the same button. In the example above this is mouse back.

Here is what it's doing.

Press F2 to load your Destiny Config if you have multiple game configs on your device and Destiny isn't the one that boots up automatically.

Now you're in hip. Press sprint and now you're sprinting and you've activated fast look. Press it again or jump and now you're in either hip or hip2 which are duplicates of eachother. Pressing sprint again will send you back to hip because it always returns to one setting down. Pressing jump will take you to hip2, a duplicate of hip. Because you can't tell XIM4 specifically to return to Hip after you've jumped it's necessary to use the hip2 duplicate setting. Also, after you've ads'd at any point it should return you to hip anyway. Hip2 is just a point in between.

Simplified switch suggestion. See OP for accurate information.
« Last Edit: 02:42 PM - 09/17/14 by mist4fun »

Offline KO Poopstain

• GT: FinchBBQLLC
    • View Profile
    • Ewix
  • Gamertag: GreybeardBBQ
  • PSN ID: Stain21
« Reply #8 on: 03:55 PM - 09/09/14 »
Thanks mist, that helps a ton. That whole F2 was throwing me off. I don't plan to use toggle (i just wana hold for sprint) so would the hip2 (duplicate) still be necessary?  im guessing wherever you say "toggle" i need to "hold"?

Offline pyksel

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03:57 PM - 09/09/14 »
Mist4fun, would you be so kind as to paste the ballistics curve code you have there on the FASTLOOK setting?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04:27 PM - 09/09/14 »
You can set it toggle or hold, either is fine.

Yes all of the above is necessary if you want to return to hip after a jump. If you want to stay in your sprint setting after a jump then don't add hip2.

pyksel, the curve was a mock example. I don't know if that curve would be useful. I would think it would be but may need tweaking, I suggest you copy it based off the picture and tweak as necessary.
« Last Edit: 02:42 PM - 09/17/14 by mist4fun »

Offline chewz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04:40 AM - 09/10/14 »
How do you set a config hotkey as hold instead of toggle?.

Offline Zacharybinx34

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05:34 AM - 09/10/14 »
How do you set a config hotkey as hold instead of toggle?.

Move it from hold to toggle...

=)

Anyone else wishing you could bind 3 keys to one action?  I normally do 2 keys, but with this two buttons = ultimate I only get my melee bound once.

The issue is that Destiny requires HOLDING buttons that I normally only press, i.e. Y hold, which is normally scroll up for weapon change.
« Last Edit: 05:45 AM - 09/10/14 by Zacharybinx34 »
I am Spartacus!

Offline Uber Pooch

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06:25 AM - 09/10/14 »
Noob question since I've never gone beyond just basic key/button mapping.

Will this switch set-up be necessary once the Destiny ST is out or is it a stop-gap b/c of the Halo 4 ST we're using until then?

Offline Zacharybinx34

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10:46 AM - 09/10/14 »
Noob question since I've never gone beyond just basic key/button mapping.

Will this switch set-up be necessary once the Destiny ST is out or is it a stop-gap b/c of the Halo 4 ST we're using until then?

It will be necessary even when the ST is done.
I am Spartacus!

Admin