XIM Community

BF4 (PS4) ADS and Hip getting switched in game...?  (Read 1163 times)

Offline kov

• View Profile
I use toggle to go into ADS mode. When I'm in ADS mode and I get placed into Hip mode by reloading or sprinting my config doesn't seem to update so now my ADS settings are my Hip settings and vice-versa. If I exit ADS mode correctly by toggling it off it is fine. Do I always have to right click to disable ADS mode or is this a bug?

Battlefield 4 - PS4
Latest firmware and Manager download (NOT BETA)

How to reproduce the issue...

Be in normal hip mode
Go into ADS mode (right click)
Start sprinting (w+shift)
BF4 will put you into hip mode, but my XIM settings are still in ADS so my sensitivity is very low.
At this point if I manually go into ADS mode (right click) now my sensitivity will be very high (like I'm in hip mode)

If I want to switch them back I can just do the exact same steps above and it will fix it.

Is this expected behavior?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: BF4 (PS4) ADS and Hip getting switched in game...?
« Reply #1 on: 02:44 PM - 09/06/14 »
Yes this is to be expected and is one reason why we don't support toggle at the moment. XIM can't communicate with the game and know what mode you are in in game versus whether you're using hip or ads sensitivity. If you absolutely need to use toggle what you can do is set your BF4 config activation key to a common key like sprint or reload. Then when you press that key you can sync up hip with hip sensitivity often enough that it may be a non issue.

It really is much easier to just get used to hold to ads though, most games are played this way on console.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline kov

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:38 PM - 09/06/14 »
Thanks!

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:13 AM - 09/07/14 »
you can always go into your HIP config again by setting up a Hotkey for the config in the upper left corner
say you are stuck in the ADS config in HIP mode ingame you just press eg F1 to reload the BF4 config and you re in HIP again
see the Hotkey as a reset button for when you are in the wrong mode

its not very comfortable though, id just try to get used to hold instead of toggle
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Admin