XIM Community

XIMCommander - Initial ideas and call for comments  (Read 71154 times)

Offline Winnnie

• MVP
  • The 'Pished' Brit
    • View Profile
Re: XIMCommander
« Reply #30 on: 02:35 PM - 09/05/14 »
I just want to get this 2nd mouse off my desk! Thank you Drum!
UK TEAM XIM STREAMER.

Live on Mon//Weds//Fri//Sun
Winnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnie

Offline bmg

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 05:09 PM - 09/05/14 »
It needs to work with Logitech Gaming Software (LGS). :) LGS outputs keystrokes in response to my Extreme 3D Pro Joystick. The software outputs wsad keystrokes in response to my stick movement and other keystrokes as programmed in LGS for the button presses. I can personally live without analog stick output to xim, but I'm sure others would like it.

Summary: pass through the mouse to xim4. Also pass keystrokes from Logitech Gaming Software and the keyboard to xim4.
« Last Edit: 05:57 PM - 09/05/14 by bmg »

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 09:26 PM - 09/05/14 »
Okay, I called out driver/software support with the accessibility software support request.  We'll try to make sure anything that creates inputs can get them through the commander.

Offline Sully_pa

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 09:47 AM - 09/06/14 »
I know it's not possible to run a force feedback wheel thru the xim but what if the wheel wasn't FFB ? There are a lot of good wheels that aren't FFB, just usb so you would need axis for wheel and pedals and buttons for a sequential shifter...That would open a door to using wheels on PS4/XBOX1 ...would any of this be possible with xim commander ?

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 01:04 PM - 09/06/14 »
Sully--

I don't know off the bat, but it's quite possible that we can either provide support for treating it like a one-axis mouse or perhaps use an external app like AutoHotKey to remap the axis somehow.  I'll certainly add it to the list of things we'll look at, but I can't immediately commit to saying we can definitely do it ourselves.  I'd like to, though.  That appeals to me and provides at least one solution for that kind of input.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 01:11 PM - 09/06/14 »
As an aside, I went ahead and bought a nicely-priced XIM3 off of ebay today, so I'm going to be able to directly compare the previous version with what I'm working on.

Also, if your name is Ed and you just sold someone a XIM3, it better be a working one.  :D  :fingerwag:

Offline Sully_pa

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 01:23 PM - 09/06/14 »
Thanks !!!

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 08:23 PM - 09/06/14 »
Good idea Aiken. You've probably found it but you if not see below

http://xim4.com/community/index.php?board=56.0

Also, you will need an easy transfer cable if you don't already have one. XIM3 supports the  belkin and only one other brand which I don't recall at the moment.

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Transfer-Cable-Windows-F4U060/dp/B0093HCIQ0
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 12:36 AM - 09/07/14 »
Yup, that's the very cable that I'll be using while I write the code.

It even tells me this when I look at that page:

You purchased this item on September 1, 2014.
View this order

:D

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 04:38 AM - 09/07/14 »
theres a windows 7 + earlier and windows 8.1 version aiken, i hope you bought the correct one for your OS
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #40 on: 09:52 AM - 09/07/14 »
Oh, I think it's just a branding thing -- both should work.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
« Reply #41 on: 10:10 AM - 09/07/14 »
Are you doing everything Aiken?  The SDK and the Commander software?  I know you're a C/C++ guy like OBsIV is.  Not much of a chance of getting stuff in .net is it?  Or much less Ruby?  It doesn't matter much, whatever the SDK is in, I'll end up wrapping it in a few things.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #42 on: 10:15 AM - 09/07/14 »
Tuff, there won't be an SDK initially. I'd like to release Commander first and make sure it enables people (especially the Accessibility crowd) and make adjustments to the protocol based on that if needed. Then we can talk about opening it up.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 02:21 PM - 09/07/14 »
Sixaxis and DS4 touchpad support? Not sure how to use touchpad, but at least make it available to SDK.

Xbone chat audio passthrough? It would be awesome if i would be able to use XIM for chat passthough instead of horrible pile of cables and adapters to pc. (I dont chat on xbone, but if i would this would be great).

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 02:34 PM - 09/07/14 »
Sixaxis and DS4 touchpad support? Not sure how to use touchpad, but at least make it available to SDK.

If you can get the input on PC, e.g. through third party DS4 drivers, then we'll pass it through, but having it appear to the PS4 as a DS4 touchpad is up to the XIM4 itself, and as you know, there are issues with sending touchpad comms to the PS4 from anything but the official controller.  No one seems to know what the deal is there.

Xbone chat audio passthrough? It would be awesome if i would be able to use XIM for chat passthough instead of horrible pile of cables and adapters to pc. (I dont chat on xbone, but if i would this would be great).

I'm not sure how much access we have to the encoded audio stream, but it's definitely something I'd be willing to investigate.  It would need audio-injection support in the firmware, which would require OBs and/or Orbital to do stuff, since I won't have the firmware code myself.  There are also potential issues with bandwidth over the transfer cable.  This might have to be a stretch goal.

Thanks, good points, and I added them to the original post.

Admin