XIM Community

[ACTIVE] A work around?  (Read 954 times)

Offline tleytek

• View Profile
[ACTIVE] A work around?
« on: 02:34 PM - 08/31/14 »
My leopold FC200RT/AB works perfectly fine with my XIM3, but it won't work on the XIM4. I really don't want to go out and have 2 keyboards sitting on my desk. As my subject mentions, is there any kind of work around with peripherals that do not work on a XIM4? I feel like this is a long shot, but if anyone knows anything I'm all ears.
« Last Edit: 03:52 PM - 08/31/14 by Aiken_Drum »

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
Re: A work around?
« Reply #1 on: 02:43 PM - 08/31/14 »
My leopold FC200RT/AB works perfectly fine with my XIM3, but it won't work on the XIM4.

Have you tried it with the beta firmware in the XIM 4 Downloads -> Release Candidates section?  We restored some broken keyboard functionality in that build.

Offline tleytek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:49 PM - 08/31/14 »
Yes I tried the 0824 firmware and was still having issues. The 2 keyboard LEDs for Caps and Scroll Lock just stay lit up and the XIM doesn't detect the KB.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:51 PM - 08/31/14 »
I'm not sure if this is an expected thing or not.  It seems like a compatibility regression and I want to get OBs' input on it.  Moving to Support.

OBs, any thoughts?
« Last Edit: 03:52 PM - 08/31/14 by Aiken_Drum »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: [ACTIVE] A work around?
« Reply #4 on: 03:10 PM - 08/31/14 »
I'm curious if it worked with XIM Edge (XIM4's drivers are closer to XIM Edge than XIM3). Unfortunately all we can do is buy the keyboard so that we can debug the problem.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.