XIM Community

Problem with XIM?  (Read 1101 times)

Offline Syko7

• View Profile
Problem with XIM?
« on: 10:03 AM - 08/25/14 »
  I havn't changed anything, every things been working fine until today..I can only play BF4 on PS4 for a minute then i look down and the xim is flashing yellow and red for like 10 or 15 times. nothing works at this point i have to un plug xim to ps4 connection and plug back in for it to work again..also i noticed when i hit my right mouse button ( aim down sights) it flashes green and yellow once? dont notice it flash on other buttons...i didnt look to see if the logitec trackball marble mouse was compatible but until today it worked great.

There is also a wireless trackman trackball i wish was compatible . is there a place to make requests?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Problem with XIM?
« Reply #1 on: 10:14 AM - 08/25/14 »
That's a power fault. Please check out the "XIM4 and Power Faults" instructional video for more information.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Syko7

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:33 PM - 08/25/14 »
Yeah im guessing the DS4 wasnt completely charged? must of been like 99 %.. only thing i did was charge it and shut off all the lights on my keyboard.. its working fine again.

what about the right click flashing yellow and green once everytime i click it...is there an issue with that? doesn't seem to be affecting anything.. Thanks man

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 05:06 PM - 08/25/14 »
Yes the lights on your keyboard plus the charging of your controller will cause this.

Please see the Editing a XIM4 Config instructional video for info about the yellow and green lights.

Offline Fadaar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:21 AM - 08/27/14 »
This is causing some real annoyances with the PS4. Hope a purely wired PS4 controller comes along at some point.
« Last Edit: 11:29 AM - 08/27/14 by Fadaar »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #5 on: 12:55 PM - 08/27/14 »
This is causing some real annoyances with the PS4. Hope a purely wired PS4 controller comes along at some point.

XIM4 will trickle charge your DS4 after it's fully charged. I've personally never had an issue (even in our stress cases with multiple rechargeable devices and bus-powered hubs connected). However, if you have a keyboard with a lot of lights on it, that would definitely cause an issue since the keyboard was designed to expect to be the only thing drawing power from the port its plugged in to.