XIM Community

[RESOLVED] XIM4 USB Ports Question  (Read 952 times)

Offline BklynMark

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: i OwN MLG KiDs
[RESOLVED] XIM4 USB Ports Question
« on: 11:22 PM - 08/23/14 »
Hi Guys. For some reason, the USB port where i put the Xbox One Controller is much looser than the other USB ports for the keyboard, and mouse.  It kind of wiggles if you touch it.  The other ones have no wiggle at all.  Is this normal?  Is your controller USB port looser than the others?  Maybe that's why my controller keeps shutting off on its own.
« Last Edit: 06:50 AM - 08/27/14 by Aiken_Drum »

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
Re: XIM4 USB Ports Question
« Reply #1 on: 11:36 PM - 08/23/14 »
That would certainly explain your disconnect issues, yes.  I'm going to move this over to Support and we can get OBs' opinion on whether it sounds like an RMA is needed.

Meanwhile, do me a favor and try running for a while with your controller in a different port and... hmm, let's say put your mouse in the controller port.  I'm picking your mouse because it's more likely to be USB2.0 like your controller.  See if your controller stays put and your mouse drops out.

Obs: BklynMark is the same user who's had a bunch of controller disconnect issues here:

http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=35255.0
« Last Edit: 03:51 AM - 08/24/14 by Aiken_Drum »

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: [ACTIVE] XIM4 USB Ports Question
« Reply #2 on: 11:51 PM - 08/23/14 »
Can you plug your controller into port 1 instead and tell us if you get the same disconnects?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline BklynMark

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:54 PM - 08/23/14 »
No problem.  I'll do that tomorrow when I get on.

Offline BklynMark

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:21 AM - 08/24/14 »
Ok so i just hopped on and tested it out.  I even pushed down gently with my finger to see if the mouse would cut out.  It didn't.  Very weird.  I touched the controller cable too, and that didn't cut out.  Maybe it was a combination of the controller usb plug and loose casing on USB 3?  I'm going to test it more tomorrow for a long period of time to see if it gets cut off.  Then if it doesn't get cut off, i'll put the controller back in port 3 like normal and test it that way to see if it cuts off with normal game play.

Offline BklynMark

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:04 PM - 08/24/14 »
So i tested with the controller in it's normal port 3 slot, and i had no power off issues with the controller.  I was playing for over 3 hours.  Everything seems to be good.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #6 on: 09:41 PM - 08/24/14 »
So i tested with the controller in it's normal port 3 slot, and i had no power off issues with the controller.  I was playing for over 3 hours.  Everything seems to be good.

Thanks. Sounds like the Beta firmware is ready for release.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.