XIM Community

Wolfenstien: New Order  (Read 966 times)

Offline nozz360

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: BulletDrop_UK
Wolfenstien: New Order
« on: 12:22 PM - 08/23/14 »
I'm just wondering if anyone has any good configs for this game as i cant seem to get a good setup going for that game. This is because when i'm moving the mouse, it feels good but when i'm doing a full circle it slows down a lot.

Any ideas?

(Edit) - I do believe the game is hitting max turning speed very quickly and that is what is stopping my mouse turns and in game turns not syncronised. Any way to stop this?

Completely new to Xim devices btw
« Last Edit: 12:26 PM - 08/23/14 by nozz360 »

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • Global Moderator
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
Re: Wolfenstien: New Order
« Reply #1 on: 01:06 PM - 08/23/14 »
I'm just wondering if anyone has any good configs for this game as i cant seem to get a good setup going for (Edit) - I do believe the game is hitting max turning speed very quickly and that is what is stopping my mouse turns and in game turns not syncronised. Any way to stop this?
Unfortunately, we're always limited by what the game is actually willing to do.  Generally, you can work around it two ways:

One is to lower your sens in XIM Manager and adapt to a low-sens gameplay style, but you'll need more mat space and more care in limiting your swipe speed.  The is what I jokingly refer to as the Thank You Captain Obvious approach.  Still, it IS one solution.

Another, which can be used in tandem with the first, is to play with the ballistics curves, which are found in the advanced part of the Mouse section.  Making them more of a hump than a straight line can help, though I do recommend leaving the first one or two values close to the default straight line, otherwise you lose low-speed-aiming precision.  As an example which would likely need tweaking, here is one I use for Borderlands 2, which also has slow turn speeds:

>>> XIM4 START Paste >>>
X4MB:001E508CACBAC1C4C6C7C8C8C8C8C8C8C8C8C8C8C8
<<< XIM4 END   Paste <<<

(Copy that to clipboard on your XIM Manager-running device, then use the down-arrow button to paste the curve into the curve editor.)

Note that the hump is steep enough that you effectively get a higher sens through it, so you may need to lower your actual sens, perhaps by a half.  With an 8200dpi mouse, I use a sens of 2.05.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:10 PM - 08/23/14 »
This is because when i'm moving the mouse, it feels good but when i'm doing a full circle it slows down a lot.

Any ideas?

Games that have used the iD engine have generally shared the same type of look mechanic. Unfortunately this look mechanic is broken. You may be feeling that certain angles have lower turn speeds than say turning left to right and to a degree this is normal in console games. The turn speed generally get's lower as you increase in the Y axis. What you're feeling is likely a combination of this and the look mechanics broken angles, which I won't go into. Since we are limited to the the games code and look mechanic, we can't really do a whole lot for this. Arcing and circular motions will feel a little bumpy because of this.

As for the turn speed, Aiken makes good points. I think it's important to understand point number one before moving on to his second suggestion because it will apply in all cases of use and in all games.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline nozz360

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: BulletDrop_UK
« Reply #3 on: 05:40 AM - 08/24/14 »
Thank you very much for the response guys much appreciated. I will give both options a go when I get home. :-)

nozz

Offline Merricus

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Merricus
  • PSN ID: Merricus
« Reply #4 on: 06:49 PM - 08/24/14 »
I quit playing this game for this very reason.  I played it with the xim3 before the xim4 release and it seemed smoother.

Offline AddyKeswicki

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: AddyKeswicki
« Reply #5 on: 11:41 PM - 01/18/15 »
Hi there has there been any updates in regards to adjusting the mouse speed in this game?