XIM Community

PSN ,large scale DDOS attack  (Read 4157 times)

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
Re: PSN ,large scale DDOS attack
« Reply #15 on: 09:36 AM - 08/25/14 »
even better

http://map.ipviking.com/#
A strange game.  The only winning move is not to play.

Offline wintersxxx868

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wintersxxx868
  • PSN ID: Wintersx866
« Reply #16 on: 09:40 AM - 08/25/14 »
Are these guys idiots? Seriously... These guys are idiots... Okay firstly ever since my soon to be father in law quit as Sony's Asia CEO, the company has gone on a downhill slope.  Did these guys even research before calling Sony a bunch of money hogs?  God I want to face palm so badly.  Sony isn't growing, its DYING

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09:45 AM - 08/25/14 »
Sony isn't growing, its DYING
To be fair, a part of that is due to its corporate image.  The company has turned a lot of people off with things like its (non-)reaction to technical issues with products (SXRD green blobs, anyone?) and that business where they took ages to inform the public of the previous big intrusion's PID exposure.

That's perfectly normal business behavior inside Japan, but it doesn't fly worldwide.

Offline wintersxxx868

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wintersxxx868
  • PSN ID: Wintersx866
« Reply #18 on: 09:48 AM - 08/25/14 »
Sony isn't growing, its DYING
To be fair, a part of that is due to its corporate image.  The company has turned a lot of people off with things like its (non-)reaction to technical issues with products (SXRD green blobs, anyone?) and that business where they took ages to inform the public of the previous big intrusion's PID exposure.

That's perfectly normal business behavior inside Japan, but it doesn't fly worldwide.
That is true as well but you'd be surprised at the real reason why Sony is taking a dump...

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #19 on: 12:15 PM - 08/25/14 »
Are these guys idiots? Seriously... These guys are idiots... Okay firstly ever since my soon to be father in law quit as Sony's Asia CEO, the company has gone on a downhill slope.  Did these guys even research before calling Sony a bunch of money hogs?  God I want to face palm so badly.  Sony isn't growing, its DYING

Sony isn't dying.  They've made a lot of very saavy business moves the last 18 months - 2 years that are starting to make a positive turn for them, but it'll be another 12-18 months before it's going to show on the bottom line.  Ending their stake in the panel factory with Samsung was smart.  Ending Vaio was another.  Both their PS4 success and their foray into OLED again with Panasonic that was just announced could be very interesting long term. 

BTW, if you're an AV nut, OLED is the key to visual nirvana IMHO.  Inky blacks and crazy good color.  See it in person and you'll be drooling.   

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12:58 PM - 08/25/14 »
BTW, if you're an AV nut, OLED is the key to visual nirvana IMHO.  Inky blacks and crazy good color.  See it in person and you'll be drooling.   
OLED is stunningly beautiful, but I do worry about panel longevity.  For the first few years, there was a lot of talk about color degradation over time.  I don't know if that's been addressed yet.

Realistically, a panel only needs to survive 5-10 years before a consumer gets the latest and greatest to replace it, but still, it's gotta make it at least that far.

Offline gahagafaka

• MVP
  • The Avian Floo
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: The Worst Ever
  • PSN ID: crack_monk
« Reply #21 on: 02:11 PM - 08/25/14 »
xbl just started getting hit again 2 hours ago
Lion tamer, Goat slayer, Bird brains, Narnian

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #22 on: 02:16 PM - 08/25/14 »
OLED is stunningly beautiful, but I do worry about panel longevity.  For the first few years, there was a lot of talk about color degradation over time.  I don't know if that's been addressed yet.

Realistically, a panel only needs to survive 5-10 years before a consumer gets the latest and greatest to replace it, but still, it's gotta make it at least that far.

Agreed.  LGs first foray even has the dreaded "burn in" clause in the instructions / warranty you used to see with plasma.  Image retention is not a good thing.  Still -- fill that bad boy edge to edge and ohmynellie is it good.

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Admin