XIM Community

Halo MCC is 4 games in 1, does that mean 4 ST's?  (Read 2586 times)

Offline Broachster14

• View Profile
Halo MCC is 4 games in 1, does that mean 4 ST's?
« on: 02:04 AM - 08/19/14 »
Just curious if there has been much thought about this. Halo MCC has halo 1,2,3, and 4
Combined together on a single disc for the Xbox one, all pushed to 1080p, 60fps. Do you think there will have to be a translator for each game? Or will they all be the same?

Offline AussieBacom

• Programmer & Game Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Haydn Trigg
  • Gamertag: AussieBacom
Re: Halo MCC is 4 games in 1, does that mean 4 ST's?
« Reply #1 on: 02:22 AM - 08/19/14 »
They answered that a couple of weeks ago on their QA. They have modified all of the controller sensitivity and button layouts to be consistent with all of the games, you can also use the original button layouts for different versions however all of the sensitivity settings have been slightly tweaked for the Xbox One controller to give it a more "responsive" feel.

So if you go to the settings and change your controller configuration and then apply it to all of the games including your sensitivity settings, then you only need to setup a single ST config for the Halo MMC.

Offline Broachster14

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:42 AM - 08/19/14 »
Thanks for the reply. I knew about the overlapping game controls and sensitivities, but wasn't sure exactly what that would mean for the XIM

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:10 AM - 08/19/14 »
It's too early to tell.  No one can predict what a game would feel like.

I would bet the look mechanics of each game will primarily remain unaltered from their original, which as of today require separate STs for optimal experience.  It's possible all of the Halo games are close in feel so one could probably use one game config for them all if they wanted but it would be sub optimal.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:12 AM - 08/19/14 »
mist probably could re-use the Halo 3 ST, Halo 4 ST and Halo Anniversary ST, i dont think 30fps to 60 fps makes a huge difference for the Smart Trainer
however Halo 2 and Halo CE are new and definitely have to be trained
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #5 on: 09:14 AM - 08/19/14 »
It was my understanding that each game's aiming mechanics were going to remain unchanged. Did that change?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09:23 AM - 08/19/14 »
yes thats true the mechanics remain the same, obsiv does the framerate influence the quality of the smart trainer?
if no then the following games have already been trained and shouldnt need a re-train
- Halo 3 ST
- Halo 4 ST
- Halo Anniversary ST

only new additions without ST are
- Halo 2
- Halo CE
- Halo 2 Anniversary
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09:27 AM - 08/19/14 »
I don't think any information exists regarding the state of the actual look mechanics. Don't think that would be something they would advertise to the public. 

It's always possible they may tweak things (especially being on Xbox One and with its recent controller changes for Titanfall) thus a proper retrain may be required to be "sure". That is unless you have a way to verify the existing STs work flawlessly? I'm assuming that will boil down to player feedback which will be subjective. It could be 100% identical but more than one person will say it feels "off". It's inevitable.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:30 AM - 08/19/14 »
343i boss franky said via his neogaf forum profile that all original games remain unchanged except for the higher resolution and steady 60 fps
that should also include the look mechanic (sadly, id like to have a higher one :( )

so if framerate and resolution doesnt affect the smart trainer quality then the old STs should work great :)

Offline wyld3

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wyld3 KNFr
  • PSN ID: Wyld3_KNFr
« Reply #9 on: 09:34 AM - 08/19/14 »
each game has a different look mechanic, so it takes multiple.  and the basic look mechanic's won't be changed since they need to feel 100% the same.  the only thing I could see them tweaking is the deadzones.

will it be enough to warrant re-doing ST's? who knows at this point.

I've actually used the halo anni ST to play through halo 2 and it worked pretty good, some it might work for CE as well.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09:59 AM - 08/19/14 »
They answered that a couple of weeks ago on their QA. They have modified all of the controller sensitivity and button layouts to be consistent with all of the games, you can also use the original button layouts for different versions however all of the sensitivity settings have been slightly tweaked for the Xbox One controller to give it a more "responsive" feel.

So if you go to the settings and change your controller configuration and then apply it to all of the games including your sensitivity settings, then you only need to setup a single ST config for the Halo MMC.

Interesting. Thank you.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos