XIM Community

Can anyone confirm the Ducky Shine 3 working on xim4?  (Read 883 times)

Offline Broachster14

• View Profile
My mionix keyboard doesn't work with the xim4, so I'm looking into getting a Ducky. I've heard good things about them. Let me know!
Thanks

Offline gimp0

• View Profile
Re: Can anyone confirm the Ducky Shine 3 working on xim4?
« Reply #1 on: 04:00 PM - 08/18/14 »
My ducky shine works just fine. Illuminated keys and everything.

It is a version 1, not 2 or 3

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:21 PM - 08/18/14 »
yes it works, it has a switch on the back that you need to activate in order to have it working though
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Broachster14

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:42 PM - 08/18/14 »
Are you talking about one of the DIP switches? Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure the keyboard I buy works on the xim4. I spent more money on a keyboard on the working list than I did on the xim itself and the keyboard doesnt work with it, so I need to be sure this time.
The switches the ducky shine 3 has (from what I've researched) are as follows:

1.Windows Key lockout
2.Ctrl and Capslock swap
3.Windows key and Alt swap
4.DEMO Mode
Notes:
In demo mode, the keyboard can be powered by any USB source to show off the lighting mode effects (Caps, ScrLk, NumLk will not light up). Demo mode does not send out keycodes, therefore please check the DIP switch setting before connecting to a computer.
Not sure which one of those would make it work, or perhaps there's another switch?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:02 PM - 08/18/14 »
yes that DIP switch, and as far as i know its the Demo mode you need to activate
quite some users reported the Shine 3 so far, via searchbar you should find their topics so maybe you can get a concrete answer from them :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:27 PM - 08/18/14 »
no i dont experience any ghosting, xim normaly accepts 6 keys at the same time as thats what quality keyboards do send in USB mode (eg ducky and other mechanical keyboards)
since for gaming you only have one hand on the keyboard and one on the mouse theres no way to experience ghosting :)

nkey rollover is in PS/2 mode eg, thats what you would use on the PC then to type :)