XIM Community

Advanced Warfare XIM4 Question  (Read 6982 times)

Offline 3MIX_Edge

• MVP
    • View Profile
Advanced Warfare XIM4 Question
« on: 06:39 AM - 08/17/14 »

Taken from settings screen in COD:AW, notice the ‘Aim Assist Rotation’ and ‘Aim Assist Slowdown’, any idea what this could be and will it effect those using XIM4 does anyone think?

Any ideas OBsIV?
Be humble

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
Re: Advanced Warfare XIM4 Question
« Reply #1 on: 07:27 AM - 08/17/14 »
I don't think anyone can really answer that question until the game is out and mist can get his hands on it. I do see a positive here though, just the fact that you can "enable" and there for "disable" may be a realy good thing for XIM players.

On a side note, "Auto Weapon Switch", say what?!

Offline Pneumatic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:34 AM - 08/17/14 »
Maybe for when you run out of ammo?
- PS4 - XIM4 - G502 (12k dpi / 500 report rate) - Sony Nav - ASUS MX279H -

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:57 AM - 08/17/14 »
Maybe for when you run out of ammo?

Yeah I get that, I'm just a little torn on whether or not that may be a good thing. It is kind of cool to have that option I suppose.

Offline Sif Noob

• MVP
  • As If!!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel!
  • Gamertag: sif noob
  • PSN ID: T3h_GrayWo1f3
« Reply #4 on: 07:57 AM - 08/17/14 »
Auto weapon switch is the greatest thing to come to mankind since sliced bread.

What it is (or should be) is the ability to pick up a weapon without auto equipping it. I personally never run secondary weapons as they are a waste of a point when I can just kill someone and take there weapon for when mine runs out of ammo.
They amount of times I pick up a weapon as someone turns a corner on me is seriously effing annoying, dying because I'm changing weapons...

AD700+DSS2/ g500s/ CM QuickFire TK/ asus VX238H/ xbone/ x360/ ps3/ ps4/ xim4!- FTW :P

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:00 AM - 08/17/14 »
Auto weapon switch is the greatest thing to come to mankind since sliced bread.

What it is (or should be) is the ability to pick up a weapon without auto equipping it. I personally never run secondary weapons as they are a waste of a point when I can just kill someone and take there weapon for when mine runs out of ammo.
They amount of times I pick up a weapon as someone turns a corner on me is seriously effing annoying, dying because I'm changing weapons...

Ahhh... that makes sens, preferred our take on it though. But it did get annoying picking up weapons in Ghost and immediately switching to it. So yeah, either way, sounds alright.

Offline Pneumatic

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:01 AM - 08/17/14 »
I would definitely use it.  I am lazy like that and I don't generally keep a close eye on my ammo.  :)
- PS4 - XIM4 - G502 (12k dpi / 500 report rate) - Sony Nav - ASUS MX279H -

Offline Sif Noob

• MVP
  • As If!!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel!
  • Gamertag: sif noob
  • PSN ID: T3h_GrayWo1f3
« Reply #7 on: 08:11 AM - 08/17/14 »
Man I just had the worst memory blank then. I wanted to give a reference to another FPS that had auto switch weapons disabled or able to be disabled and couldn't think at all lol. Just remembered the name of the one I was thinking

Unreal tournament.
AD700+DSS2/ g500s/ CM QuickFire TK/ asus VX238H/ xbone/ x360/ ps3/ ps4/ xim4!- FTW :P

Offline W34KN35S

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: W34KN35S
  • PSN ID: z-W34KN35S-z
« Reply #8 on: 04:27 AM - 08/18/14 »
I forgot exactly what it does but I  believe it kicks in when an enemy is jumping/boosting around you. There was a youtube video that went in the options menu and I saw that. its still on youtube Im just too lazy to look for it i might though lol

Offline Manjerico

• I am Jack's smirking revenge
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
  • PSN ID: Manj3r1c0
« Reply #9 on: 08:27 AM - 08/18/14 »
On BO2 I believe that Aim Assist slows down your ADS speed when you have someone in your sights. For instance, if your using a reflex, when you have another player inside the reticle "glass" it will slow down to help you put the aim on the sweet spot.

Aim assist rotation can be something in the likes of if you rotate more than "x" degrees in hip and someone comes into you sights and you ADS it will "correct" it to keep you on target.

I'm speculating on this of course, but I also have a feeling that the new COD wil have more aim assist than ever...

Xbox One: Phew... Phew... Phew...
PS4:BAANG!!
Outcome: Xbox One is down! Call an ambulance!
"Wii U Wii U Wii U..."
XIM Edge;XIM4|Logitech G13;G502;MX518|Turtle Beach DSS2|AKG K702|Antlion Modmic 4.0|Bravo Audio V3|Asus VX279h|

Offline 3MIX_Edge

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11:59 AM - 08/23/14 »
On BO2 I believe that Aim Assist slows down your ADS speed when you have someone in your sights. For instance, if your using a reflex, when you have another player inside the reticle "glass" it will slow down to help you put the aim on the sweet spot.

Aim assist rotation can be something in the likes of if you rotate more than "x" degrees in hip and someone comes into you sights and you ADS it will "correct" it to keep you on target.

I'm speculating on this of course, but I also have a feeling that the new COD wil have more aim assist than ever...

Best explanation I've heard from here and from elsewhere. :)
Be humble

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
« Reply #11 on: 12:28 PM - 08/23/14 »
My dream world would be that aim assist rotation, is when it switches aim assist to the closest enemy to your reticle.  Example: Two enemies are in your reflex scope glass, whichever enemy is closest to the center gets aim assist added to it.

There are huge issues with the current setup, if someone gets close to you while you are aiming down sight and then jump front of your aim and then out of it your aim will go far off to the side.  Hopefully, you can now disable this stupid 'feature'.

Offline shush

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02:54 PM - 09/26/14 »
I've got a horrible feeling aim assist rotation spins you to the nearest enemy whilst you're trying to turn on someone. Anything to help the user out.