XIM Community

Steelseries Sensei button 6 and 7 freeze XIM  (Read 5295 times)

Offline xbladr

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Xbladr
Steelseries Sensei button 6 and 7 freeze XIM
« on: 11:22 PM - 08/14/14 »
When hitting button 6 or 7 on the steelseries sensei mouse my xim mouse freezes completely. I can not do anything with it just like it locks up. The KB works still i need to unplug the mouse and plug it back in to get it to work. Anyone have any ideas as to what is going on? I even tried disavbling button 6 and 7 in the steelseries app on my pc.

Offline UPnDOWNnUPnDOWN

• alaskan eskimo
    • View Profile
    • Twitch channel
  • PSN ID: shoxieCSGO
Re: Steelseries Sensei button 6 and 7 freeze XIM
« Reply #1 on: 08:34 AM - 08/15/14 »
I get that on my black mamba when i press the mouse dpi +/- buttons. Never figured it out why. I just avoid pressing

Offline xbladr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:10 AM - 08/15/14 »
Much easier said than done lol

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:38 PM - 08/15/14 »
Can you configure them for a different function?  Something basic or generic.  Their current function may be dependent on having a windows driver handling them.

Offline xbladr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:06 PM - 08/17/14 »
Yes you can configure them for text macros or regular macros or disable. I had them on default at first which was page up and page down. This caused the mouse to freeze on the xim had to unplug and replug it in. I then tried to disable them and ran into the same issue.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05:20 PM - 08/17/14 »
its a known issue with the sensei and happens with every XIM, deactivate those keys is the only solution right now
maybe with XIM4 try to set those two as keyboard keys as the XIM4 can accept that, maybe that helps
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline lightoff

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: lightOFF
« Reply #6 on: 06:06 PM - 08/17/14 »
even if you disable them the issue will persist. changing them to keyboard letters does not work either.

So far nothing has worked for me, looks like were stuck with it just have to try and not click the buttons.

Offline xbladr

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07:20 PM - 08/17/14 »
Its so frustrating that there is nothing we can do to disable the buttons with the XIM. My Storm also does not work and the Logitech 400 i used to use is old tech now and doesnt seem up to the task. Just to get decent speed with the g400 on Titanfall (XB1) I set it to the max dpi and then still had to go to 120 sensitivity lol

Offline lightoff

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: lightOFF
« Reply #8 on: 12:41 PM - 08/18/14 »
ok so there is a fix :D !!!

First off make sure your firmware is up to date.
Next create a new profile and adjust your dpi, polling ....etc
Disable your 6,7 buttons in steelseries engine and save

You should have a new custom profile on the left.
Now in steelseries engine you should see some tabs/buttons at the top i dont remember the name of the tab you need to press because im not home right now. Just click on them all until you run into one that lists profiles for the mouse. The first profile will be a mandatory steeleseries one after that you should see a bunch of empty ones. Drag your new custom profile on to one of the empty ones.
This will fix the issue 100%.

If im not making any sense or you find this confusing i can take some screenshots when i get home.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06:06 PM - 08/18/14 »
thanks for the info lightoff, so its basically not that easy to really burn your changes on the sensei and therefore the changes didnt carry over
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline xbladr

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09:06 PM - 08/18/14 »
Lightoff I am trying this when I get home in the morning. I am so excited I owe you a beer! If i run into any issues I will be sure to post them in here.

Again thanks Lightoff for the testing of this.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10:25 PM - 08/18/14 »
I added this info to the notes for the Sensei in the compatibility list.  If there are any other necessary details/actions, please let me know.

Offline xbladr

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02:33 AM - 08/19/14 »
Sounds good will do Aiken.

Offline r0b

• Ruler of the Interwebs
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: FoaIey
  • PSN ID: FoaIey
« Reply #13 on: 12:02 PM - 08/19/14 »
I have this mouse, you have to disable those buttons. If it's still persisting then you didn't disable the buttons properly, double and triple check your mouse configs ...
PSN: FoaIey /// XBOX: FoaIey /// Origin: FoaIey /// XIM: 3/E/4e/4

Offline xbladr

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05:39 PM - 08/25/14 »
I had to redo this a couple times for the save to take. It is working great now though. What DPI/CDPI do you guys run at with the sensei? Is there a number that is best. The issue i have is i get the warning for too fast movement speed a llot lol