XIM Community

Micro USB cable that comes with XIM4.  (Read 5911 times)

Offline Stephan70

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Stephan70
  • PSN ID: Stephan70
Micro USB cable that comes with XIM4.
« on: 09:34 AM - 08/11/14 »
Hello all.  Great product.  I have 2 systems and I'd like to keep the Micro USB cable that came with the XIM4 connected to the system.  I would like to know, if you can provide the name and type of cable that comes with the XIM4?  I'd like to purchase an additional wire.  Or if you can provide a link to a site that has it for sale.  I'm sure I can buy one on line.  I would hate to buy the wrong wire and damages such an amazing product.  Not to mention, I'd have to buy another XIM4. LOL.

Thanks In Advance..

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
Re: Micro USB cable that comes with XIM4.
« Reply #1 on: 12:12 PM - 08/11/14 »
It really is a fabulous cable, isn't it?  OBs had it custom-made to match the XIM4 color scheme.  I don't know if he's shared who made it, though.  :/

Offline Joker76

• No asterisks in this lifetime, only scoreboards.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Drunkn Joker
« Reply #2 on: 12:15 PM - 08/11/14 »
Amazon and eBay have all sorts of braided cables for sale (USB, HDMI, speaker, etc.).

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:17 PM - 08/11/14 »
Amazon and eBay have all sorts of braided cables for sale (USB, HDMI, speaker, etc.).
They do, but I'm quite serious when I compliment this particular cable.  I have a lot of braided cables of varying quality, and this is top notch.  If anyone does go to Amazon to buy another braided cable, try to look for one that has similarly stellar reviews.  They are definitely not all equal.

Offline PointBlankShot

• MVP
  • Xbox One X > PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:18 PM - 08/11/14 »
go to monoprice.... get any large gauged micro usb cable...
Xbox One X + Orbweaver + G502 + XIM4/APEX

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:24 PM - 08/11/14 »
I would connect this cable forever instead of the wonderful wonderful XIM braided cable if I get some important features.

Crusade atm: none

Offline 4armed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02:33 PM - 08/11/14 »
It really is a fabulous cable, isn't it?  OBs had it custom-made to match the XIM4 color scheme.

Did he, really? 

That is impressive attention to detail.  Some may say, slightly OBsIV  ;D

If my other half ever see's this, she will make me swap out every cable in pursuit of pinkness   :-[

Offline Joker76

• No asterisks in this lifetime, only scoreboards.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Drunkn Joker
« Reply #7 on: 07:13 PM - 08/11/14 »
They do, but I'm quite serious when I compliment this particular cable.  I have a lot of braided cables of varying quality, and this is top notch.  If anyone does go to Amazon to buy another braided cable, try to look for one that has similarly stellar reviews.  They are definitely not all equal.

I don't own one, but they have 4 1/2 stars and 945 reviews. Seems like they would be good quality.

http://www.amazon.com/Hi-Speed-Braided-Tangle-Free-Charging-Motorola/dp/B00FAADBHO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407805984&sr=8-1&keywords=braided+micro+usb

Offline Bloodklot

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: L337AZN
« Reply #8 on: 04:26 PM - 08/26/14 »
Hello all.  Great product.  I have 2 systems and I'd like to keep the Micro USB cable that came with the XIM4 connected to the system.  I would like to know, if you can provide the name and type of cable that comes with the XIM4?  I'd like to purchase an additional wire.  Or if you can provide a link to a site that has it for sale.  I'm sure I can buy one on line.  I would hate to buy the wrong wire and damages such an amazing product.  Not to mention, I'd have to buy another XIM4. LOL.

Thanks In Advance..

Just out of curiosity and too see if I could solve my issue, are you planning on using the second micro usb cable to connect both consoles to the XIM4 via splitter?

TurboSwagg7

« Reply #9 on: 01:32 AM - 08/27/14 »

I don't own one, but they have 4 1/2 stars and 945 reviews. Seems like they would be good quality.

http://www.amazon.com/Hi-Speed-Braided-Tangle-Free-Charging-Motorola/dp/B00FAADBHO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407805984&sr=8-1&keywords=braided+micro+usb

Be careful with this one since it says "charging cable." I remember seeing in one of the instructional XIM4 videos that certain cables that are made specifically for charging do not work on the xim4.  I don't know for sure if this one would work or not, but it is worth looking into before buying.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06:14 AM - 08/27/14 »
Charging cable = 2 wires for power

Data cable = 2 wires for power + 2 wires for data

Offline TwzteD

• FiNgEr MiLiTiA
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: TwzteD-
« Reply #11 on: 08:59 AM - 08/27/14 »
Does anyone know if the USB cable provided with the ps4 is a data cable as I was watching obs vid and says when u plug ps4 controler into the xim4 it needs to be a data cable not just charging.
PS4 - G502 - Qck Pad - Astro A40's - Orbweaver - 24" Samsung LED monitor

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11:40 AM - 08/27/14 »
its a data cable definitely or else the XIM4 wouldnt work with the DS4
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Stephan70

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Stephan70
  • PSN ID: Stephan70
« Reply #13 on: 11:58 AM - 08/27/14 »

Thanks In Advance..

Just out of curiosity and too see if I could solve my issue, are you planning on using the second micro usb cable to connect both consoles to the XIM4 via splitter?

Hi BloodKlot. Boomba. LOL. Anyways, I wanted to have a cable for each system.  I have an Xbone and getting the White PS4. This way, I can just switch my XIM4 from system to system without removing the USB cable from the back of the consoles and just switch it from the top of the XIM4. 

Admin