XIM Community

Stinky Board and XIM 4  (Read 13281 times)

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
Stinky Board and XIM 4
« on: 07:35 PM - 08/09/14 »
So here is how my xim 4 is set up:
NAV Wireless
Mouse
Stinktboard
Controller
Ps4
This works awesome, i don't need a usb hub to have the NAV and the stnkyboard. My question is when you press a button it shows in manager...but once the button is released it goes away...is not the case with the stinky board, it always shows  the key and it says reserved. It works don't get me wrong...but looks like an odd behavior. any ideas?  is this ok? 8)

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Stinky Board and XIM 4
« Reply #1 on: 07:37 PM - 08/09/14 »
Sorry wrong section...please move to hardware section...

Thanks

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #2 on: 07:49 PM - 08/09/14 »
Its weird that some are reporting Stinky doesn't work for them -- which is why its on the not working list. But, we can't make it not work for us (using its latest firmware).

Orbital has the device so I don't know exactly. But, I do know that RAT mice do the same thing (hold a button down). It doesn't always select Reserved when binding buttons?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:32 PM - 08/09/14 »
Its weird that some are reporting Stinky doesn't work for them -- which is why its on the not working list. But, we can't make it not work for us (using its latest firmware).

Orbital has the device so I don't know exactly. But, I do know that RAT mice do the same thing (hold a button down). It doesn't always select Reserved when binding buttons?

The stinkyboard is working great with the latest firmware, odd is not working for others.
Here is the sprint key assigned to the stinky key

here is what is displaying on the screen when the key is not press

And here is when key is pressed

Also is not activating the key when is in reserved (2nd PIC), i tested with different actions and it does what is suppose to do...Just want to make sure is normal behavior to display reserve at all times only when using stinky.

;D
« Last Edit: 08:40 PM - 08/09/14 by willthetech »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #4 on: 08:37 PM - 08/09/14 »
Ok, we will check it out. There is logic in there to ignore any button pressed while starting up the device (which was required for RAT) but it doesn't appear to be working here. I'll look at it.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:41 PM - 08/09/14 »
Thanks... no worries...It works is what matters ;D

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:46 PM - 08/09/14 »

Sorry, unrelated, but how did you get the manager into landscape mode?  It insists on portrait for me.

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08:53 PM - 08/09/14 »

Sorry, unrelated, but how did you get the manager into landscape mode?  It insists on portrait for me.

Little free app called "set orientation", is in the app store. Also i am running Android 4.4.4 in a HP Touch pad...But it did work in my old android version too 4.2.2

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:03 PM - 08/09/14 »
Woo, awesome.  Works fine on my 4.4.2 android-x86 tablet.  Thanks!

Does anyone actually run android on a real android device? :D

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11:31 PM - 08/09/14 »
I know this is about hardware compatibility but you guys enjoy the board? With the lapdesk I find it uncomfy to use. I would need something much easier to handle as the board. Nicest would be to have the foot just rest and the buttons pressed with the toes, wireless maybe integrated in slippers. As the NAV is the only device that does not need a dongle its either taking its internals or ask W11ce to emulate it which would not be easy. But maybe I am just developing hardware in my head again .
Crusade atm: none

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07:00 AM - 08/10/14 »
I know this is about hardware compatibility but you guys enjoy the board? With the lapdesk I find it uncomfy to use. I would need something much easier to handle as the board. Nicest would be to have the foot just rest and the buttons pressed with the toes, wireless maybe integrated in slippers. As the NAV is the only device that does not need a dongle its either taking its internals or ask W11ce to emulate it which would not be easy. But maybe I am just developing hardware in my head again .

I use it on the PC side a lot to train my brain (at my age it takes a couple of rounds  ;D) I got used to it so far, i play on a desk, so my legs are free roaming. Although sometimes I play in the living room and I use a food tray to hold the mouse pad...At first it was odd to use the stinky but again it just takes time to adjust...

Offline Gabbagod

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07:53 AM - 08/10/14 »
What games do you use it with? What actions do you map to it? Is is very responsive?

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08:32 AM - 08/10/14 »
What games do you use it with? What actions do you map to it? Is is very responsive?

Any game...mostly COD or BF...I have them MAP this way for XIM4...it also depends on the game,

For PC is a different world, they have profiles...so i have profiles for almost all of my PC games.

Is just a keyboard that you type with your feet  ;D ,so input is the same as any keyboard.

Offline Xeo

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Anonymous8177
« Reply #13 on: 08:23 PM - 08/10/14 »
This has me really tempted to get a Stinkyboard now.

Out of curiosity, how exactly would the setup go fully wired?

XIM4 -> Mouse
XIM4 -> USB Hub -> Sony Nav + Stinkyboard

Is that how it would go? Thanks!

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03:09 AM - 08/11/14 »
This has me really tempted to get a Stinkyboard now.

Out of curiosity, how exactly would the setup go fully wired?

XIM4 -> Mouse
XIM4 -> USB Hub -> Sony Nav + Stinkyboard

Is that how it would go? Thanks!

Mouse and stinky wired and nav wireless