XIM Community

XIMCommander and macros  (Read 1869 times)

Offline peterkozmd

• View Profile
XIMCommander and macros
« on: 04:21 AM - 09/08/14 »
Guys i have a q so please excuse my ignorance as I'm sure its been dealt with many times before but here goes. Whats the short story as to why xim doesn't support macros like cronusmax? I know that xim wasnt intended for that what with st's and all. Still if someone could quickly enlighten me that would be great. Only reason i still have a cm is for quick and easy macro cheats.
« Last Edit: 01:19 PM - 09/08/14 by Aiken_Drum »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Re: XIMCommander
« Reply #1 on: 04:26 AM - 09/08/14 »
mainly becaus in the Terms of Service on both XBL and PSN the macro and scripting is listed as an instant ban from the online service
while that in reality isnt really investigated or done, the customers of XIM shouldnt have the fear to be banned in theory

just have some angry player spectate and record your POV where you do a rapid fire script and your account might be gone

its also the only way to get an official approvement from Sony and Microsoft
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:27 AM - 09/08/14 »
Whats the short story as to why xim doesn't support macros like cronusmax?

And you answered your own question:

Only reason i still have a cm is for quick and easy macro cheats.

XIM is not for cheats, it's for a different input method.  Cheats are against terms of service, and we don't support violating terms of service.

Offline peterkozmd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:39 AM - 09/08/14 »
i don't understand your not inserting any code into the game. Your literally playing back a series of recorded controller inputs

Same reason why they will probably never ban CM or Xim. Both use the original controllers for authorization.  The system sees it as normal inputs from controllers; same goes with macro scripts. It would be nay impossible for them to differentiate from normal inputs and one thats recorded.

So not seeing the argument there. Seems kinda watershed. Also those TOS's tend to be all encompassing made by lawyers. You could argue that these are normal recorded inputs and nothing foreign is being injected into the game

Sounds more like something obsiv just doesnt want to deal with is more like it.

So still not seeing that watershed reason as

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:49 AM - 09/08/14 »
XIM shouldnt be labled as a cheaters device as Cronus is, macros are against the ToS and therefore regarded as cheats by the two big console companies
thats reason enough to not offer it
XIM is fully accepted by eg Microsoft (see forum statement), you dont get that statement when your device has automatic anti recoil scripts or rapid fire

in theory it might just be a chain of inputs, but thats basically cheating
here some more severe cases that might change your mind
i can do an infinite amount of manuals and tricks in tony hawk via macro inputs, put a complex finish move for a beat em up on one single key, writing a skript for grinding in mmos while im asleep, the list can be continued

on a sidenote with onboard memory mice or keyboards the world of macros and scripting is yours, XIM cannot do anything you using such a macro then
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline peterkozmd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:57 AM - 09/08/14 »
Its not a matter of cheating or whatever or any issue of morality. I personally don't use them (have CM and modded controller) as i feel it detracts from my enjoyment. But just having them there is something useful to have just in case

Yes these devices both CM and Xim can be argued as violating some TOS's. But then again most of those legal agreements are all encompassing and use an AIO (all in one) trying to cover any and all possibilities. However in court you could argue your product does not violate said TOS. Just like the introduction of the VCR was met with legal challenge.

Regardless still not sure why OBSIV doesn't allow xim to use macro scripts as just like CM no code is being inserted illegally. Any more than a modded controller its just running a bunch of controller inputs normally entered There is nothing being altered or changed.

MAybe OBSIV can clarify this for me (sorry for a retread discussion) only reason i can guess is that he's just afraid to step on any toes.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
Re: XIMCommander and macros
« Reply #6 on: 01:21 PM - 09/08/14 »
Moved this argument to another thread to avoid muddying the XIMCommander suggestions thread.  You guys will need to argue your points with OBsIV, not with me.  I don't object to your making the argument, I just object to making it on the XIMCommander thread, where I specifically requested that you do not do so.

Thank you.

Offline thepr0

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/HellOnJerzZ
  • Gamertag: xJerzZx
  • PSN ID: JerzZthepr0
« Reply #7 on: 11:07 PM - 09/13/14 »
The funny about all this Peter they say xim is not intended for cheats and it doesnt violate the TOS but in every way it does...it has all the features a rapid fire controller has for the exception on speed of fire rate...you can bind 2 buttons even 3 so you can auto dropshot and jump shot..auto hold breath and many other combinations. But then again its not cheating from what people here say... not to talk down on the product xim 4 kicks @#$% CM is @#$% compare to xim but wouldnt it be really lovely to have all those nice features the cronus have?

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:44 PM - 09/13/14 »
The funny about all this Peter they say xim is not intended for cheats and it doesnt violate the TOS but in every way it does...it has all the features a rapid fire controller has for the exception on speed of fire rate...
...and rapid fire.

you can bind 2 buttons even 3 so you can auto dropshot and jump shot..auto hold breath and many other combinations. But then again its not cheating from what people here say...
You really can't do anything with the XIM that you can't do with your fingers on buttons.  You can do a dropshot of equal quality with your fingers, and it's not hard.  You can hold your breath with your fingers.  And many other combinations, all with the mundane ability to press two buttons together.

Macros, on the other hand, are infinitely repeatable, of unbounded length, with perfect timing and the fastest speed the game will allow.  You're not doing that with your fingers.  Rapid-fire is, from what I've seen, generally done at a rate humans are not capable of, and certainly not with a single button press.  Rapid reload uses a timer with a consistent, perfect accuracy you and I don't have in our brains.  These are cheats.  They are quite different from anything XIM does, and trying to get them by casting the innocuous things XIM does do in the same bad light seems ... hmm, disingenuous ... to me.

It's OBsIV's call to make.  I'm just saying your arguments certainly wouldn't move me if it were mine.

Offline Amadeush

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Amadeush
« Reply #9 on: 07:04 PM - 09/14/14 »
Why you need that anyway? Are you a big noob?

Play with skill not with macros.

There is a huge advantage with the mouse allready you really need more to kill?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08:31 PM - 09/14/14 »
Those moments when you actually laugh out loud... heh.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Admin