XIM Community

Question about switcher coming from Xim3  (Read 339 times)

Offline Broachster14

• View Profile
Question about switcher coming from Xim3
« on: 12:32 PM - 08/08/14 »
Hey,
On my Xim3 I haD a ghosts profile for regular guns hip and ADS. I also had a second profile for sniping hip and ADS, and could switch between the two profiles on the fly by pressing F on my keyboard. I noticed with the Xim4 you can have multiple switchers per profile (I believe six), but if I add a 3rd and 4th config for sniping, while under the same profile, they are not "linked". I hope you understand what I'm saying. How it is right now if I add a toggle F to the third config, I have to use either the 1st config hip fire, or the 2nd config ADS, where as on the xim3 it would let me switch to a different profile entirely for sniping, which had it's own hip and ADS, and then switch back with the same button. Just trying to figure out the best way to go about this.
If you need more clarification let me know.

Offline Broachster14

• View Profile
Re: Question about switcher coming from Xim3
« Reply #1 on: 12:48 PM - 08/08/14 »
Let me try to clarify. I had two completely separate game configs for Ghosts. One was called Ghosts AR's, the second was called Ghosts Snipe. Both configs had the same hip fire settings, but the Ghosts Sniping config had a different ADS setting than the Ghosts AR's.  This allowed me to increase my sensitivity for sniping and also set the XY ratio so that my shots would swipe more horizontal than verticle for sniping. In total, there were 4 configs (two of them, the Hip fire ones, were the same) under two profiles.  The problem is that with the xim4 if I put them all under the same profile, I could use right mouse button for both sniping ads and AR ads. Hope this clears things up.
Sorry for the wall of text.

Edit: I could set up separate configs for both and make the profiles bound to like F and G for example, but I use those buttons for other games and if I pressed them in other games they'd go to the cod configs. The fix here would be to allow profile switching while inside of a profile.
« Last Edit: 12:53 PM - 08/08/14 by Broachster14 »

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Question about switcher coming from Xim3
« Reply #2 on: 02:58 PM - 08/08/14 »
In Xim4, ADS is no longer tied to the hip setting.  Each game config has 6 separate sub configs that you can customize accordingly (with different activation keys).  This is useful for adding vehicle configs, etc.

If you want to have 2 different ADS configs (using same activation key, e.g. RMB), then you will need two game configs (just as you did in Xim3).

Just a note:  With Xim4, in order to switch between game configs, the XIM Manager app must be closed.  There is currently a bug where game hot switching does not work while the app is open.

Hope that helps.