XIM Community

Ugh, What a cable mess.  (Read 1409 times)

Offline KodRaiN

• MVP
  • Code Reign
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: KodRaiN
Ugh, What a cable mess.
« on: 07:33 AM - 08/08/14 »

Ugh.  That's about as good as I can tie them up.  The horizontal ties under the bundles are fixed to the lapdesk, so it does get a bit tighter. 

I'd rather not have the bundles in the first place.  100% of the use of the G13 and the G500 is on this lapdesk (and the old one) since I made the lapdesk.  That's 3 years.  So my thought is to shorten the cables.  I'm assuming there is a way to open the mouse and keyboard (heck, even the controller), and that the cables are soldered to some sort of circuit board, so couldn't I just cut the cables to the desired length and strip the wires, then resolder them to the board (assuming the wires are color-coded)?  I'm pretty handy and own all the right tools.  How risky/plausable would this be?

The xbox controller, I know how to disassemble, but the gameboard and mouse, I have no idea. I'll also be pretty much completely switched over to the XBoner after the next Borderlands game, so I could just get a really short micro USB for that controller.  Also, How essential are those cylindrical things in the middle of the cable?  aren't they some iron tube section that the wires wrap through to eliminate interference of some sort?  The controller and mouse have them, but not the G13. 

Admin