XIM Community

ADS Toggle Feature Request  (Read 3413 times)

Offline Dale

• MVP
  • What would the great lion do?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DaleisGOD
ADS Toggle Feature Request
« on: 01:56 PM - 08/07/14 »
In the past, ADS toggle requests have been brushed off because of the inability to account for situations where you would be caught between modes...

Here's a way it could work:

Toggle ADS [on] / [off] - If ON, activates toggle features / if OFF toggle features disappear

Toggle Features

Activation Delay [same as ADS delay]

Activation Key [choose key] (this key would also deactivate toggle if ADS mode is already engaged) (Instead of just activating ADS mode on XIM, it could also be set to hold down the specified key)

Deactivation keys [choose 5]
  For COD those would be : Sprint , Reload/Respawn, Switch Weapon, Melee

---

If setup this way, toggle ADS would work 100% ... even on games that don't support Toggle ADS configs. No need for n0m4d config - togglers could utilize a secondary sensitivity.

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: ADS Toggle Feature Request
« Reply #1 on: 02:34 PM - 08/07/14 »
This may spark debate, but personally, I think it's one thing to toggle a set of settings, but it's a completely different thing trying to toggle an actual button being pressed on the controller.  That's borderline macro/automation territory and should not be a feature, IMHO.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:37 PM - 08/07/14 »
I'm for it. It gives no advantage and it enables others to play more comfortably, which is exactly why they have XIM to begin with.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:44 PM - 08/07/14 »
I'm inclined to agree that there's nothing in the description that a regular player can't do easily.  XIM already supports the specific actions it talks about, it just doesn't support activating them in this manner.

Just my 2c.  I don't speak on behalf of the devs.  :)

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:00 PM - 08/07/14 »
No advantage?  Holding a button for you with no discomfort for extended periods of time whereas a controller player doing the same thing cannot do it due to finger/hand fatigue is a very clear advantage. 

How much benefit it would provide is probably a better argument, but the fact is it does something the controller player cannot do, which has always been one of the positive arguing points for XIM when the "is it cheating" debate circles back around year after year.

Further, if you add it for ADS, you have to add it for any button.  Inevitably one will start asking "If it can hold a button for me, why can't it tap it for me, and in rapid succession", and on and on. 

Slippery slope it will become.  Best to just leave out.

I'm inclined to agree that there's nothing in the description that a regular player can't do easily. 

Not sure if you're arguing for or against the option, but a controller player can hold LTrigger just as easily as a mouse person can hold RMB or another button of their choosing.  Why does it need to be automated?

Offline Brutalimp

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:02 PM - 08/07/14 »
No advantage?  Holding a button for you with no discomfort for extended periods of time whereas a controller player doing the same thing cannot do it due to finger/hand fatigue is a very clear advantage. 

How much benefit it would provide is probably a better argument, but the fact is it does something the controller player cannot do, which has always been one of the positive arguing points for XIM when the "is it cheating" debate circles back around year after year.

Further, if you add it for ADS, you have to add it for any button.  Inevitably one will start asking "If it can hold a button for me, why can't it tap it for me, and in rapid succession", and on and on. 

Slippery slope it will become.  Best to just leave out.
There are several console games that have toggle ADS (including COD) where you dont have to hold down the trigger to ADS. The issue with XIM is the sensitives get messed up and makes it hard to use that on the device.

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:05 PM - 08/07/14 »
There are several console games that have toggle ADS (including COD) where you dont have to hold down the trigger to ADS. The issue with XIM is the sensitives get messed up and makes it hard to use that on the device.

Not all games support that, thus advantage.  Further you cannot guarantee that the ADS button is the only one that would be held down.

Further, NO console games support DIFFERENT sensitivity settings when using ADS.  We already have that advantage.  How much advantage do people want?  If you want to toggle ADS for games that support it, set a single sensitivity to avoid the sensitivity discrepancy.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:10 PM - 08/07/14 »
Not all games support that, thus advantage.  Further you cannot guarantee that the ADS button is the only one that would be held down.

Further, NO console games support DIFFERENT sensitivity settings when using ADS.  We already have that advantage.  How much advantage do people want?  If you want to toggle ADS for games that support it, set a single sensitivity to avoid the sensitivity discrepancy.
Well, to remain clean, the feature could remain ghosted on games that don't support it for regular controller users.

I do think it could be very useful for disabled players that can't afford another finger to hold the button, or don't have the strength to keep it held.  Just a thought.

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03:17 PM - 08/07/14 »

Well, to remain clean, the feature could remain ghosted on games that don't support it for regular controller users.

I do think it could be very useful for disabled players that can't afford another finger to hold the button, or don't have the strength to keep it held.  Just a thought.

You still cannot control "which button" gets the ability to be held (thus it can be abused).  And I agree, I can totally see the benefit to disabled users.  Unfortunately it will be abused.  And again it will inevitably lead to the other questions I posted and it will be hard to debate them once the option is added.  You could easily make the same argument about rapid fire controllers (for the benefit of disabled parties).

Again for games that support toggle ADS, you can already utilize that functionality by simply turning off your OTHER advantage:  Use a single sensitivity setting (like a normal controller player). ;D
« Last Edit: 03:22 PM - 08/07/14 by mcdonamw »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03:25 PM - 08/07/14 »
I think this is a silly argument. You gain now advantage with toggle ads. Its a preference not an aimbot.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline rob3d

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03:38 PM - 08/07/14 »

You still cannot control "which button" gets the ability to be held (thus it can be abused).  And I agree, I can totally see the benefit to disabled users.  Unfortunately it will be abused.  And again it will inevitably lead to the other questions I posted and it will be hard to debate them once the option is added.  You could easily make the same argument about rapid fire controllers (for the benefit of disabled parties).

Again for games that support toggle ADS, you can already utilize that functionality by simply turning off your OTHER advantage:  Use a single sensitivity setting (like a normal controller player). ;D

You could absolutely control which button gets the ability, doesn't have to be a global setting. If done correctly it can be restricted to which ever button is set to ads only.  Make it a checkbox under options like the "inherit bindings settings" and only in the ads switcher.  That way you can only have a single button "toggleable"

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04:03 PM - 08/07/14 »
You could absolutely control which button gets the ability, doesn't have to be a global setting. If done correctly it can be restricted to which ever button is set to ads only.  Make it a checkbox under options like the "inherit bindings settings" and only in the ads switcher.  That way you can only have a single button "toggleable"

In old versions of XIM, there was a primary config and the ADS setting was configured as part of that primary.  It has been changed so that ADS is just an alternate sub setting.  The sub setting activation keys are global within that config, thus there's no way for the XIM to know you're hitting an ADS activation vs. another sub config activation.  To the XIM it's just an alternate setting. 

I suppose if you make the ADS config "special", it's possible, but you run into issues toggling back and forth through the other configs.  Those other configs have to know to bring the ADS out of toggle mode and put it back in when you're done holding their activation button.  Will become a complete mess.

I think this is a silly argument. You gain now advantage with toggle ads. Its a preference not an aimbot.
I'm shocked you feel this way.  As limited an advantage it may be, it is one.  Just calling a spade a spade.  But I guess just as we ignore the fact we can have different sensitivities between HIP and ADS as an advantage over controller players, we can just ignore this one too. *smh* 

My primary point was, it's a slippery slope.  It's automating button presses for you.  You add the ability to hold LTrigger for one game, you will get demand for other buttons too.  And at that point, what valid point would you have to say "Nope, only for ADS".

Offline Dale

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04:17 PM - 08/07/14 »
I think its absolutely hilarious that people think its an advantage NOW. haha. I've been playing this way (toggle ads) for 4 years on my xim, and whenever I bring up toggle ADS threads I get 2 responses:

1) "it cant be done"
or
2) "Just play push to aim, its way better and more efficient"

LOL so, now its - supporting toggle ads gives you an advantage? Even though its already in all major FPS games?  Sorry, its just funny.

The only thing adding these features to XIM4 would do, is allow people who currently toggle to have a 2ndary sensitivity (a feature that all ximmers have already).

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04:25 PM - 08/07/14 »
It's also funny when people completely focus on a subjective opinion as basis of argument and completely ignore all other points in an attempt to seem witty.  Any way if there is no desire to engage in civilized discussion I'll make my exit. Good luck on your feature request.

Offline Dale

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04:30 PM - 08/07/14 »
Toggle ADS was the 2nd most requested feature when the XIM3 came out (2nd to multple key bindings)

I think finally getting support for this feature would be great :)