XIM Community

[RESOLVED] PS4 standard controller wired into XIM not being recognized by PS4  (Read 694 times)

Offline Ganondorf

• View Profile
I set up the XIM4 following the directions that came with hit.

The XIM4 is powered by a usb port on the back of my motherboard. My mouse in in slot 1, keyboard in slot 2, and standard wireless PS4 controller (the one that comes with the PS4) is plugged in slot 3.

Pressing the Playstation button on the controller doesn't illicit a response from the PS4. If I unplug the usb cable connecting it to the XIM4 though than I can log into my PS4.

What am I missing?
« Last Edit: 08:41 PM - 08/06/14 by Aiken_Drum »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Welcome to the community. Are you interested in using wired configuration mode (since you have everything plugged into your PC)?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Ganondorf

• View Profile
Thanks for the welcome and the lightning response. I appreciate everything you're doing here.

I have the XIM4 paired with my phone just fine at the moment. I'm just unable to start or use the ps4 controller at all when it's plugged into the XIM.

I have the XIM4 hooked into my computer solely because it's the most convenient thing to do in my setup.

Offline Ganondorf

• View Profile
I realized my silly mistake. I assume the micro usb was only for power - it is now safely inserted into my PS4.

Excuse my stupidity - sometimes being a CE backfires. Feel free to delete this thread.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Make sure to check out the instructional videos too. :)
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.